November 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread - Bountiful Blessings

My Woohoo is that I tracked 6 out of 7 days this past week and was rewarded with the scale doing down for the week. I'm a daily weigher, but I consider Wednesday to be my "official" weigh-in day.

I had a meeting out of town yesterday, so I drove up Monday evening and spent the night in a hotel. It was just 3 hours away, but I would have had to leave home around 5:30 and wouldn't have gotten home until after 6:30, so decided to drive up the night before.

The town the meeting was in has my favorite pizza place and I was thinking about going there to get pizza and a salad for dinner, but decided I would rather just do Panera, so had a bowl of soup instead of the deep dish pizza! Made my tracker look much better for the day!!

My Woohoo is that I tracked 6 out of 7 days this past week and was rewarded with the scale doing down for the week. I'm a daily weigher, but I consider Wednesday to be my "official" weigh-in day.

I had a meeting out of town yesterday, so I drove up Monday evening and spent the night in a hotel. It was just 3 hours away, but I would have had to leave home around 5:30 and wouldn't have gotten home until after 6:30, so decided to drive up the night before.

The town the meeting was in has my favorite pizza place and I was thinking about going there to get pizza and a salad for dinner, but decided I would rather just do Panera, so had a bowl of soup instead of the deep dish pizza! Made my tracker look much better for the day!!
omg... I'm addicted to the Panera Spice Squash soup that they have right now. Fortunately Safeway carries their soups so can I have it at home because the closest Panera is 45 minutes away..

Woowhoo I had a meeting at work that results in me not having to work an overnight in December.

Woowhoo DD said roar and ruff today while hearing a story about tigers and dogs respectively. And when reading about a doctor she opened her mouth and said aaahhh.

Not feeling particularly WooHoo-y here, as DH and DS are both sick. :( But I did steal a 20 minute walk on the treadmill yesterday, and make a quick run to the grocery store. (Wore a mask just in case.) So I'm counting those as accomplishments.

I hope your DH and DS get feeling better. My DS is kind of under the weather today this week too. He went to class on Monday and Wednesday, but called off work Tues and today. I told him he might want to go to the clinic and make sure he doesn't have strep throat or something. I think that's going around in our area.

I’m thankful for the good habits I have struggled to achieve. I may not be as far along on my weight loss journey as I would like, but I have developed some really healthy habits that are improving my wellbeing. These habits are preventing me from getting worse.

I am thankful for a couple days of beautiful weather, seeing the sun during the day is a real game changer when the days are so short.

I am thankful for my hair cut/color yesterday, the sides have grown out to the point where it is almost bob-shaped and the color came out perfectly.

None, thank God.
I hope you have a nice relaxing weekend!

I don't have much planned either. DH and I are going to see the new Hunger Games movie tonight, but otherwise, nothing really planned, so we'll see what happens. I'm thinking of putting up our Christmas decorations on Sunday, but haven't decided yet. I've never put them up before Thanksgiving, but this year at work is going to be very busy in late November / December due to our auditor's schedule, so I'm just thinking it would be less stressful to go ahead and get it up and be able to enjoy it.

Yesterday I finally broke down Thanksgiving recipes into a shopping list and made a run to Safeway for the basics, so well done me.

Saturday morning I'll be driving to the fancy grocery store an hour and a half away to pick up a three pound natural turkey breast... it's probably the worst day to go grocery shopping but I just couldn't find anything local. Then I'm going to jet home so I can go to the Dino Days event at the museum that my Niece has put together.

Sunday I'll start the party level deep cleaning and will make up the cranberry sauce. And watch the football game of course. And at some point over the weekend I'll put the outdoor Christmas lights up on the fence.

Yesterday I finally broke down and bought the 6.5 foot version of my darling little 4 foot Christmas tree. I'm excited to have a bigger tree to put more stuff on (and I've got a lot of stuff), plus I'm going to put the little tree up on the dresser in the bedroom... really looking forward to that.

Not looking forward to the pelvic ultra-sound I have to have this afternoon, in preparation for a pullup removal mid-December... which I'm also not looking forward to. But my doctor gave me a pain pill to take before hand, so that should help... fingers crossed.

I’m so glad it’s Saturday. My only goal is to fully restore my house back to normal following DD’s birthday weekend extravaganza. Even she realized that it was a lot to expect pulling off two parties in one weekend and then having an hour to clean up and go to bed. Monday was rough. We were all exhausted and our tummies were messed up from the party food and alcohol, and we all went to work feeling terrible. Next year, she plans to take the brunch group out to a restaurant so that DH and I don’t have to entertain a second group.

So today and tomorrow is laundry, cleaning, reorganizing for putting up the trees, with lots of breaks and relaxation. DD is going to NYC to meet up with her BF to celebrate Friendsgiving with his friends. I get two weeks off from him because next week he’s going on vacation with his family and DD will be home with us since she is working all week. I will treasure that time with her since those moments are few and far between now that her career and relationship are taking off. I’m thrilled for her, but I do miss my baby.

It looks like I’m approaching the “empty nest” phase of my life…

MUST MAKE MORE BOWS that's my plan for today in addition to some laundry. DH might start putting lights outside if the rain clears. Won't turn them on until after Thanksgiving but in RI you don't know if the weather is going to be a sunny 57 or 22 and snowing the week after Thanksgiving so need to get the oustide going when you can.
Tomorrow DS11 is volunteering with the scouts and DS8 has a birthday party. So will be bouncing around quite a bit.

I too got stuffing...guess we all have similar taste in decor!

IMG_0571.png
I got turkey!!! Stuffing is my favorite side dish! My gosh I can’t wait until Thursday!!

Weekend is off to a great start, I did not babysit yesterday and it was 65 degrees so I did the leaves one last time and all my Christmas lights and I will just leave them turned off until thanksgiving. I am so glad that is done and I didn’t freeze to death!

Walked at the SPCA this morning and it was perfect weather! I am going to do some indoor decorating until this evening DH and I are going out to dinner!

Tomorrow is church and hopefully finish decorating tomorrow! Normally I would wait until after thanksgiving but I have my niece overnight next weekend and the following weekend DD and I are out of town so it’s now or never!

I am stuffing as well. Or possibly stuffed...

The pain med really helped with the ultrasound yesterday, but oh man did it hit hard. After the exam I lay perfectly still for several hours before it felt like the nausea had lifted, had a nibble to eat and then it was nope, and crawled back into bed for another couple hours. Around 8:30p the nausea did finally lift and I was ravenous but of course had little food in the house, so ended up with spicy olives, a pear and some cookie butter. And guess what, tummy does not like those things mixed together, so back to bed. My Niece said she also had pain meds after she had polyp removal, and I was thinking ugh that's going to be rough. But the exam results have already come back and it is only the polyp that could be seen so I'm hoping Tylenol will be enough... oh, Dr did mentioned a D&C as well, so I might not get off that easy. Dang.

The turkey is in the house, just a few more things to procure for the table and then we can do the holiday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter