November 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread - Bountiful Blessings

School is as hectic as usual...my new administrator keeps adding extra things we need to do...all good ideas, but our schedules are already difficult to manage making it extremely challenging to add more without losing anything. I could use another hour in my school day...not that I want that. Report cards were due Friday in the midst of all the new demands, and I got a new student on top of it all. So I juggled a lot this week and had trouble focusing on anything else.

The veteran's in my life are my father, Army, and father-in-law, Navy. They have both passed on.

DD's 26th birthday was yesterday (she shares her birthday with my father) which added to the demands of the week. Fortunately, I was off Tuesday and made great use of that day. She cleaned the house on Friday, but she also had a hair appointment plus other errands which still left cleaning for me to do on Saturday. She and her boyfriend helped. Her BF picked up the cakes at the bakery and DH shopped for food while she and I got mani pedis and a massage. When we got home, it was all hands on deck finishing up with getting the house ready and finally decorating. She has two very distinct groups of friends who don't really mesh. Her friends who work in fashion came last night for the big party, and her older friends, basically theatre kids, are coming today for brunch. The house is still decorated for today, and we don't have to really clean except to run the vacuum. They will be here in 3 hours, so at some point, we have to cook, but I'm the only one awake right now, so there's a nice lull. Good thing, because every part of my body hurts, and I'm exhausted. I could really use that massage again right about now.

Today started with church and then to my mom's for lunch. DD1 joined us and then spent the afternoon here. We had a great visit as usual! Now DH and I are watching another episode or 2 of Chicago PD before heading to bed for the evening.

All in all a great Sunday!

Happy Monday! Motivation this week is to keep moving-get back to tracking after a few days off-and see a “comfortable” number on the scale Friday!

Got an unexpected medical foster last evening-a adult male bully-type dog very short little guy! He’s a absolute mess-he is missing about 80% of his fur, he’s covered in skin infection, there is a issue with his eye and honestly I don’t even know if he can see out of it, he’s on 10 prescriptions but he’s absolutely a angel such a quiet dog has only barked once to potty. I just gave him a toy to see what he would do and you would have thought I gave him a steak-he’s so happy and proud over a toy 😭 he will be a longer term foster as all his medical will need addressed and he needs neutered but he’s a easy guy so I am blessed by that!

Happy Monday!

Yesterday I got down to the beach in the morning for a good walk, even tho it was still blustery. Then I watched the football game for a while till I went to see 'The Holdovers' which just opened in our local theatre. It was really good and takes place over the holiday break at a boys prep school, so was seasonally timely.

Motivation for this week, well, since I've gone back to eating the leg cramps have stopped but even with making good food choices I've put back on most of the pounds I dropped during the cleanse. I really need to get exercising going to burn calories, starting with getting back to spin class. I'll try to go at least once this week.

Other than that I really need to get serious about getting the house ready for Thanksgiving.

We saw the Holdovers this past weekend too - we also enjoyed it!

This week my motivation is to do well in the days / weeks where's it's possible with the holidays coming up. In years past, I wouldn't even start thinking about it until after the holidays, but now it just seems that there's always a "good reason" not to start holding myself accountable - so I've got to just do it now!

I know not every day/week will be a big success, but I'm planning on the successful days/weeks being better than the not so great days!

So, I guess to sum it up, my motivation is to take advantage of the non-holiday weeks and really start to rack up my successes!

Motivation is to keep the decent feelings going.
Put my smaller winter coat on yesterday and it zipped no issue and my jeans have been going on without major acrobatics so clearly the mindful eating/snacking is having the intended result. Need to keep it up as the next few weekends are nutty so not much time for exercise.
DS8 did a good job on his diorama and I made an entire 13 gallon trashbag full of wreath bows. Just got a bunch more ribbon and wire dropped off so will have to get myself motivated to work on some more of those.
If the board needs someone for the end of the month let me know.

Last edited:
We saw the Holdovers this past weekend too - we also enjoyed it!

This week my motivation is to do well in the days / weeks where's it's possible with the holidays coming up. In years past, I wouldn't even start thinking about it until after the holidays, but now it just seems that there's always a "good reason" not to start holding myself accountable - so I've got to just do it now!

I know not every day/week will be a big success, but I'm planning on the successful days/weeks being better than the not so great days!

So, I guess to sum it up, my motivation is to take advantage of the non-holiday weeks and really start to rack up my successes!
I agree with every word. Add to that, I suffered all day with a bellyache and way too many trips to the bathroom because of all of the junk I consumed at both of DD’s parties. I feel like the VERY HUNGRY CATERPILLAR who just wants to eat nothing more than one nice green leaf.

All of these are great ideas. I tend to gravitate toward spa services. The best way to keep me out of trouble is to stay busy. That’s why I struggle more in the summer. My current routine is so chaotic that I actually forget to eat. I even forget to eat my apple while the kids are having snack. You would think that wouldn’t happen except that I usually have something to get done while they entertain themselves eating and chatting. Yesterday morning I put the apple on my desk as a reminder to eat it, because otherwise I will be lightheaded at 3:00 during dismissal.

Meanwhile, when I am home relaxing, watch out!

I thought it was also a good list of possible ideas - I'm not a huge one to set up rewards for weight loss for some reason. It honestly seems to put more pressure on me which tends to backfire for me. I think I might try to start "rewarding" for NSV things, like possibly tracking every day, or getting my step in every day. I tend to do better with those type of goals.

Ended up with an unexpected trip to the eye dr....had what turned out to be an ocular migraine. Scary when it happened by now that I know what it is and that it's nothing "bad" I feel much better.
Came back to a work mess...grand scheme of life nothing major but will make for a headache for a few days.
Those two things turned today into a sugar day....but sometimes you just need to calm the nerves. I did really think and analyze what I wanted as opposed to just blindly grabbing.
Tomorrow is our annual family trip on the polar express. Which should be lots of fun.
Sunday will be starting a sea themed diorama with DS8...goodie. And I have to try to make wreath bows for DS11's scout troop...I am not crafty so this could get ugly. Wish me luck.
Elizabeth has been suffering from migraines lately too. Her sign is that her hands and feet go numb (her words). They are not numb but feel funny and week but it is hard for her to describe. She came home from school today. Did try Imitrex so we will see how that goes.

We have a Neuro appointment but not until the end of January. I have had the Ocular ones before and those are so scary. I am glad it was nothing serious for you.

It has been a long weekend here. I had a funeral to go on Saturday. It was a rough one. It was my aunt that passed away but she had cancer and it no longer in pain. She was the most caring happy person I know. Always did everything for others. It was just a hard funeral.

After we had friends over and I got to play with the twins. They are getting so big. They will be 2 in about a month and a half. It was great to have something brighten the day some.

Sunday was football and relaxing. Then Monday came. I took Nick to one of the colleges he is looking at because they had an event for students looking to go into teaching. It was a cool day and we learned a lot. But it was a long day. The school is 2 hours away.

It was nice to get back to normal today. I don't know what my motivation is this week. I need a good swift kick in the butt to get back on track.

I love the nail polish idea and the way you guys use it! I've never been one to take great care of my nails. Just keep them cut short. DD26 was telling me that she's started applying a nail polish on her nails even though she still keeps them short and that she's really been enjoying it. I think I might start that too. Hers do look really nice!

I like pretty much everything on the list... and do them on a regular basis! I think buying new clothes in a smaller size is the best reward for weight loss.

Woohoo... I get a hair cut and color this afternoon. I've been feeling very hairy and thought my appointment wasn't until next week, so excited to get it done today.

Woohoo... I had my card reading yesterday and it was fabulous. I heard what I needed to hear and also some exciting amazing stuff coming up. The Wheel class Monday was also fabulous.

And woohoo... on Thanksgiving my Niece is doing brunch and then I'll do dinner. Yesterday she mentioned that she's invited other people to brunch, and this makes me so happy. I'm so looking forward to it.

Happy Wednesday Everyone!!!

Whoooohoooo my foster Blueberry continues to do well. He’s the best foster, personality wise, that I have ever had. He’s going to make a great addition to a lucky family!

Whooooohoooo Blueberry’s eye has cleared from the cloudiness/fog and the redness is clearing up too!! I was worried the most about his eye but it’s coming around quick!!

Whooohoooo DD and I also have hair appointments today!! Looking forward to getting this mop trimmed up a bit!!

Picture of Blueberry to add some cuteness to your day! 🐾

IMG_0558.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter