November 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread - Bountiful Blessings

WooHoo - I just found out middle DD and her boyfriend will be joining us for Thanksgiving! She has always been there for each holiday, but she's a terrible communicator and I never know until the last minute. I need to work on her with that lol!

WooHoo - November is the end of our fiscal year at work and I just met with my boss today and got a good review. I also get to give good raises to all of our office staff which is much appreciated! We have such a good group of people at work, so I love to be able to show them how much we appreciate everyone!

@Summer2018 I really don’t know how you do it…you are an angel! Enjoy your break!!

Whoooohooooo we avoided absolute disaster at our house last night.

We were having horrible rains all day and night. Around 8pm my neighbor called and said-there’s an amazon truck stuck in your yard and he’s going to hit your house. DH ran out and sure enough-he slid down our driveway backwards, down hill, into our yard…if I reached out from where I was sitting on the couch I could have touched the truck (if the wall was not there of course)

I certainly don’t expect that we all share the same beliefs, but as a follower of Jesus, I will say the Lord was with me last night. I was less than a foot away from being ran over by a truck, while I was sitting on my couch.

Whoooohoooo does not really do this justice-but know I am beyond thankful this thanksgiving!!!

@Summer2018 I really don’t know how you do it…you are an angel! Enjoy your break!!

We were having horrible rains all day and night. Around 8pm my neighbor called and said-there’s an amazon truck stuck in your yard and he’s going to hit your house. DH ran out and sure enough-he slid down our driveway backwards, down hill, into our yard…if I reached out from where I was sitting on the couch I could have touched the truck (if the wall was not there of course)

I certainly don’t expect that we all share the same beliefs, but as a follower of Jesus, I will say the Lord was with me last night. I was less than a foot away from being ran over by a truck, while I was sitting on my couch.

Whoooohoooo does not really do this justice-but know I am beyond thankful this thanksgiving!!!
Wow! Thank God you are safe and the truck didn’t crash through your house. That must have been frightening for all of you including the driver.

…and I agree. I also wonder how I do my job. I feel like I’m on a crazy reality show sometimes.

Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving
!

So glad to hear you are ok @PAsFab5 that is so crazy! You all and the driver were definitely being watched out for!

Currently watching the Macy's parade with the fam before finishing the veggie assignment for the day. Holidays are a bit weird right now considering recently losing my parents and my mother's "unique" siblings. Trying my darndest to nicely wish happy Thanksgiving without opening up the good old can of drama worms!

Since my kids are...well kids...and likely won't eat most of Thanksgiving dinner we may make Charlie Brown Thanksgiving dinner before heading to my brother-in-law's.

Wow! So happy y’all are safe!

Happy Day After Thanksgiving everyone... also known as stretchy pants day.

Yesterday was lovely and emotionally fulfilling. I really enjoyed having two gatherings, it stretched the day out and I wasn't left with the "is that all it is" feeling that often comes after weeks of preparation for just a couple hours of getting together.

There are clear skies out there this morning, so after my next meeting I'm going to head down to the beach for a walk. Other than that the only thing for today is to finish decorating the tree. Well, its never really finished but I'll be bringing in the tall ladder so I can get stuff on the top.

Yesterday was a great Thanksgiving. It was just us, so there was no pressure to perform.

We watched the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade. Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s employees are able to participate, and DD’s merchandiser was in it. DD was off for Thanksgiving but will be working from Black Friday until the following Friday. We took the opportunity to decorate the main living room Christmas tree earlier than usual so that she could do it with us.

Dinner was delicious. Having a new kitchen really helped me a lot. We watched “A Christmas Story,” which is a Thanksgiving evening tradition.

I did a lot of online Christmas shopping today. Shop Disney had some good deals, but it was disappointing that the legos weren’t marked down at all.

Tonight we have a colleague’s birthday party to attend. It will be nice to get dressed up for an evening out.

I had a good day too - tiring, but got together with lots of family and a few friends, so it was nice!

I haven't decided exactly what all to do this weekend. Tonight, I'm debating between decorating the house or trying to get a little shopping done after work. I'm tempted to go with staying home and decorating, but I know myself and I'll probably just lounge around and not accomplish anything, so I'm just not sure lol!

Tomorrow morning, our town has a Downtown Country Christmas where there's a lot going on. Most of the stuff is aimed at kids, but there's also a vendor fair. In the evening, there's a lighted parade and they officially light the town Christmas tree. It's a fun event, so we'll probably stick around for parts of it. It's supposed to be pretty cold tomorrow though, so will have to break out the coat!

Thanksgiving was nice! Went to my brother-in-law's where the kids of course ate only rolls. They did enjoy their own post dinner tradition of mac and cheese while the adults cleaned and started taking down Thanksgiving decorations. Managed to get in an almost mile long walk between dinner and dessert. I usually have company but this year it was just me. The walk made me feel better about indulging in an espresso martini during dessert!
Today I worked and tried to keep an eye on the Littles while DH and DS11 hung lights outside. Will be making some turkey grilled cheese sandwiches soon before we watch Friday night live care of resort TV 1. I'm dragging tonight hopefully I can perk up a bit tomorrow as DH and I have a party to attend and dozing at the table would be pretty tacky. Sunday will likely be baking and decorating.
I have Monday off and will be making some soup for DH's aunt who will be starting on the chemo pill fairly soon. Unlike other family who have been ill her husband does not cook (at all) so I want to make sure she has a meal or two and some snacks so her daughter does not have to do ALL their cooking.

DH and I got the Christmas stuff down from the attic today, and I put up the outdoor lights and a couple of easy indoor things (and packed up the fall bin). I'm going to take the rest a box at a time as I'm in the mood. He put away the final pool equipment (ladder, vacuum, etc) that was still on the deck, and put some new parts on the grill.

I officially started listening to Christmas music. :santa:🎶💚❤️

It’s amazing how quickly I shift from Thanksgiving to Christmas! There’s still some pumpkins lying around, but the outdoor lights and decorations are up and one tree is up. Yesterday was mostly shopping and socializing. Last night’s party was fun. My friend who turned 40, was surprised. I almost blew it every day for the last 2 weeks in school every time I saw her. Since her classroom is right next to mine, it was tough.

Today I have a big headache, but wine will do that to me. I’m done with shopping, so my focus will be to continue decorating.

Have an enjoyable Saturday everyone!

1700938989943.png

I got Christmas lights!

Today DH and I went to our downtown Christmas where there were craft vendor set up in one of the local church gyms. We got one Christmas gift and ate a quick lunch. We're at home right now (DH is napping) and I think we're going to go shopping later this afternoon and evening. Hopefully will get a few more gifts bought and then maybe do some online shopping later tonight when we get home.

This morning before we left, I got the Christmas pictures hung up and our travel tree put up, so got a little of the decorating done. I hope to get that finished up this weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter