November 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread - Bountiful Blessings

❖ If you could hang out with any cartoon character, who would you choose?
I'm going to say Pooh, even tho he is more than just a cartoon character

❖ What superpower would you like to have?
Time travel

❖ Crunchy peanut butter or smooth?
Crunchy

❖ If you could bring back any fashion trend, what would it be?
Seems like they all come back sooner or later, but I'll say early prairie from Ralph Lauren

❖ If you had 25 hours a day, how would you spend your extra hour?
Seeing as we've just re-entered hibernation season, I'll say sleep

❖ What’s your favorite breakfast?
One of the places here that does breakfast makes a Crab and Shrimp Eggs Benedict that is very good

❖ Are you a morning person, night-owl, or somewhere in the middle?
Morning

❖ What fictional world or place would you like to visit?
Hmmm... since I've been virtually hanging out there a lot lately, I'll say the Aunt's house in Practical Magic which is technically a real place they just don't actually live there.

❖ Have you ever lived in a different state than you do now?
Yes, also Illinois and Virginia

❖ What movie can you rewatch over and over again?
Practical Magic

The kittens from The Aristocats

Teleportation!!

Crunchy

Jean jackets with pins/buttons all over them

I'd like to say I'd do something productive, but I have a feeling I wouldn't know where it went. :laughing:

Mickey Waffles :earsboy:

Morning

Hogwarts Castle!

Yes, New York

Soooo many :laughing: - I'll go with the Harry Potter films

The storybots

Healing powers

Smooth to eat crunchy to bake with

Wide leg jeans with tight (not cropped) tops

Something just for like me time...read, watch TV, knit

Not a breakfast person but something with bacon.

Morning person but not by choice I live with three little morning people

Either hogwarts or ardendalle

no

Crazy stupid love

Yesterday it was a month since the prednisone debacle, so I was finally able to get my Moderna Spikevax. I was concerned that I didn't wait long enough to get it, but I clearly had a strong immune response. I ended up feeling nauseous later in the day, then came the headache, body aches, chills, and fever. It was rough overnight, but I feel better today with just some residual body aches and a headache. I'm glad I waited to get the flu shot. That's tomorrow after school.

I was okay early in the day, so I finished my painting before I started to feel crappy. Today, I did some cleaning and laundry, but now I'm going to rest and save the rest of my chores for Tuesday when I'm off for Election Day.

Yesterday was shambles day, the house was an absolute mess with stuff scattered every where so I started today by picking tings up, vacuuming etc... good thing I hadn't read that it was a do nothing day because it really did need to happen.

Yesterday was also go-outside-and-prune-while-it-isn't-raining day. I've had another whack at the big bush outside the dining room window because it just feels so oppressive. The side facing the house is very chopped into but I managed to keep the street side looking OK. Today there is just one more branch I want to cut back.

And today is the start of the juice cleanse, going in cold turkey without a good reduction/transition period, so we'll see how it goes.

Hellllloooooo friends!!!! We are back!!!

We had a great trip-I am getting misty eyed thinking about it!

We were in the back of the 80s section at Pop which honestly on the first walk to the room I considered asking for a room change but after looking at the map, I thought I found a shortcut. Tried it out and it was an awesome short cut so we stayed and it was a good call. So quiet back there, we slept so well!

I race went great!! DD did so much better this year, the improvement in her physical health was great to see! I have to share our end of race photo:IMG_0466.jpeg
Seeing Happily Ever after again was so great, watching Fantasmic for the first time was wonderful, we walked out of a completely empty Animal Kingdom a little after closing which was so neat…we just had a great trip!

Our trip home was hectic but we survived. We were the last 2 people to get onto the MEARS bus and had to sit in different rows, which was fine. We both had (very nice) seat neighbors with toddlers (also very sweet) on their laps and that is…a tight squeeze. We asked to wait for the next bus and they said no. Frontiers personal item is smaller than other airlines (my fault should have done my research) and I had to pay $99 at the gate for one of our personal items(which we have taken on 20+ other flights as a personal item). That flight was chaotic and full and we were the last ones on due to the bag debacle. Anyways lesson learned-the size of personal item on frontier has NOTHING to do with the space under your seat-it’s about half that size-incase you ever need that information.

Back to work tomorrow!! All good things must come to an end!!

A few more pics of me and my girl ❤️
IMG_0481.jpegIMG_0480.jpeg

IMG_0468.jpeg
Welcome to another week and happy motivation Monday!!!

What’s motivating you this week!?

Personally I am just getting back on track-I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted Wednesday-Saturday at Disney and got myself back on track yesterday. Hoping to continue through the rest of the week!

Whatever your goals are-have a great Monday!!!

The weekend was not great and neither was the end of the week. Jeff's grandmother has refused PT and as soon as OT is up she won't renew that either. She is unstable walking and was told to use a cane but is refusing that too. She doesn't think she has a falling problem (she has had 2 falls and a few that she was able to catch herself with a wall in her apartment). She also doesn't think she has any issue walking. She has an aid for 11 hours a day and won't try to do anything for herself to be able to cut down the time they are their. At this rate she will be out of money by late winter early spring and they won't even have money to stay in her apartment. We have done everything we can do to help but she is still of sound mind so we can't force her to do anything. It just sucks watching her decline like she is.

Band ended on Friday. The football team lost in the second round of playoffs. I was ready for it to be done but sad at the same time. I have been knee deep with Nick on College stuff. It has been stressful but he got all the applications in on time. So now it is just a waiting game to see where he gets accepted.

Here are my answers to the questions on Saturday.

If you could hang out with any cartoon character, who would you choose?
Piglet

To go back in time

Smooth

I don't know. I was never really into the trend. I am really liking that overalls are back.

I would like to say clean the house and be productive but I am sure it would be either watching TV or sleeping

I don't really eat breakfast. If we go out it is eggs and potatoes. Fast food would be a ham, egg and cheese croissant and at Disney it is Mickey Waffles.

Neither but if I had to choose one I would say a night owl. I hate waking up in the morning.

I am going to go with the 100 acre woods.

Only ever liver in Ohio and all in about the same area. There are lots of talk right now about moving south when kids are out of college or when re retire. It is just so cold and snowy here.

Grease. As a kids I watched this over and over and over again. I drove the family nuts with it. I also made all my watch it when they slept over. I even got my kids watching it at one point.

The weekend was not great and neither was the end of the week. Jeff's grandmother has refused PT and as soon as OT is up she won't renew that either. She is unstable walking and was told to use a cane but is refusing that too. She doesn't think she has a falling problem (she has had 2 falls and a few that she was able to catch herself with a wall in her apartment). She also doesn't think she has any issue walking. She has an aid for 11 hours a day and won't try to do anything for herself to be able to cut down the time they are their. At this rate she will be out of money by late winter early spring and they won't even have money to stay in her apartment. We have done everything we can do to help but she is still of sound mind so we can't force her to do anything. It just sucks watching her decline like she is.

Band ended on Friday. The football team lost in the second round of playoffs. I was ready for it to be done but sad at the same time. I have been knee deep with Nick on College stuff. It has been stressful but he got all the applications in on time. So now it is just a waiting game to see where he gets accepted.

Piglet

To go back in time

Smooth

I don't know. I was never really into the trend. I am really liking that overalls are back.

I would like to say clean the house and be productive but I am sure it would be either watching TV or sleeping

I don't really eat breakfast. If we go out it is eggs and potatoes. Fast food would be a ham, egg and cheese croissant and at Disney it is Mickey Waffles.

Neither but if I had to choose one I would say a night owl. I hate waking up in the morning.

Only ever liver in Ohio and all in about the same area. There are lots of talk right now about moving south when kids are out of college or when re retire. It is just so cold and snowy here.

Grease. As a kids I watched this over and over and over again. I drove the family nuts with it. I also made all my watch it when they slept over. I even got my kids watching it at one point.
I am so sorry to hear about your husband’s grandmother ☹️ I know this varies by state-however after my grandmothers 3rd fall the state would not allow her to leave the hospital until she was admitted into a nursing home with skilled nursing, due to her fall risk. There were no spots in a 50 mile radius for months and she sat in the hospital for all those months. The bills were outrageous. She had to go into the first available home and it was absolutely awful. Eventually a spot opened up at a higher quality facility and we moved her but that year of hospital stay/waiting for a spot at a good facility was heartbreaking. Perhaps if his grandmother knows this may be her next step she will make different choices…sorry I know this is so hard we have been there 😭💔

Hellllloooooo friends!!!! We are back!!!

We had a great trip-I am getting misty eyed thinking about it!

We were in the back of the 80s section at Pop which honestly on the first walk to the room I considered asking for a room change but after looking at the map, I thought I found a shortcut. Tried it out and it was an awesome short cut so we stayed and it was a good call. So quiet back there, we slept so well!

I race went great!! DD did so much better this year, the improvement in her physical health was great to see! I have to share our end of race photo:View attachment 807901
Seeing Happily Ever after again was so great, watching Fantasmic for the first time was wonderful, we walked out of a completely empty Animal Kingdom a little after closing which was so neat…we just had a great trip!

Our trip home was hectic but we survived. We were the last 2 people to get onto the MEARS bus and had to sit in different rows, which was fine. We both had (very nice) seat neighbors with toddlers (also very sweet) on their laps and that is…a tight squeeze. We asked to wait for the next bus and they said no. Frontiers personal item is smaller than other airlines (my fault should have done my research) and I had to pay $99 at the gate for one of our personal items(which we have taken on 20+ other flights as a personal item). That flight was chaotic and full and we were the last ones on due to the bag debacle. Anyways lesson learned-the size of personal item on frontier has NOTHING to do with the space under your seat-it’s about half that size-incase you ever need that information.

Back to work tomorrow!! All good things must come to an end!!

A few more pics of me and my girl ❤️
View attachment 807906View attachment 807907
Beautiful happy pictures!

Piglet

To go back in time

Smooth

So sorry to hear about the struggles with grandma in law... sending hugs.

Day One of the cleanse is complete and my body isn't mad about it. At the same time I've started a new tincture and massage routine for my legs, to get the facia to release and help the circulation to my feet. I'm surprised by the immediate improvement because this type of thing usually takes time to build up. I've also started a gua sha and jade roller routine for my face, another thing that take time to see results, but it feels good to do it.

I've lost two of the five pounds I want to drop this month, and more will come off with the cleanse so I have a higher stretch goal in mind. These are all pounds that I'd put on during vacation and being off the rails afterwards, so I'd like them gone as quickly as possible.

So motivation this week is to keep going with the cleanse. I got a kit for seven days but would be happy to do even four right now and save three days for another session. I'm contemplating going back to keto for a while after I finish, but need to really think on it. And I'm also motivated for a short work week, we have Friday off for Veteran's Day and I'm going to add Thursday, so am starting to think of fun road trip things to do.

I am so sorry to hear about your husband’s grandmother ☹️ I know this varies by state-however after my grandmothers 3rd fall the state would not allow her to leave the hospital until she was admitted into a nursing home with skilled nursing, due to her fall risk. There were no spots in a 50 mile radius for months and she sat in the hospital for all those months. The bills were outrageous. She had to go into the first available home and it was absolutely awful. Eventually a spot opened up at a higher quality facility and we moved her but that year of hospital stay/waiting for a spot at a good facility was heartbreaking. Perhaps if his grandmother knows this may be her next step she will make different choices…sorry I know this is so hard we have been there 😭💔
Thank you. She has only gone the ER once for the falls. The other two she just scrapped up her arm. We are trying to have some of these hard conversations with her but she is refusing to listen and just shuts it down. Jeff's mom did make an appointment with the lawyer for her will (she has one just needs to be updated) and she will also talk about getting her funeral paid for before she runs of of money. She already has her plot but we want her to have everything planned. My grandparents had everything planned and my aunts and uncles and my mom said it made a difficult time so much easier for them. Also, with talking to the lawyer we are hoping to understand too what happens next for her. Who has power over what (no one really knows) and how all this works.

I'm back after being gone for all of last week - we were on a cruise, so I knew I'd be gone, but I thought I'd sign in some in the evenings, but really didn't end up getting online much at all.

I read through everything I missed, but will probably just jump back in here, but just wanted to say that your treats you made for your students are so cute @Summer2018 and the pics of you and your daughter are just great @PAsFab5!

My motivation for this month is just get back in the game. I've done nothing but go up and down this whole year basically and I'm ready to get back to it. I know I can do it because I've done it before - I know it's hard, but it's hard being overweight too!

My goal for this month is to lose 5 pounds by logging my food and doing at least 30 minutes of some type of exercise every day. I'll probably mostly walk each day, but if the weather is bad, I might try something else. I have a lot of you tube shows that I've seen recommended in different groups, so I'd like to try a few of them at some point too.

IMG_0469.jpeg
We made it through Monday! Whew!

Topic Tuesday-How is your fall season going so far? How has your weather been? Are you enjoying fall or missing summer?

I have enjoyed fall! I do miss summer already but I am a summer person. Our leaves are about all down which is a bummer but they were gorgeous while they lasted! We are going to Delaware this weekend for the day with my in-laws so looking forward to a nice drive and looking at the last of the leaves!

You all know that I am obnoxious about being a summer person, but once it’s truly autumn I will embrace it. I love going pumpkin picking and enjoying treats from the farm store. Unfortunately I have been quite unwell, and even if I was feeling better, we have had several rainy weekends in a row. I did enjoy Halloween with my students.

I’m off for Election Day (don’t forget to vote!) which is a new phenomenon since that magical year of 2020 when school shut down and we were virtual until the spring. Prior to that, we had full day trainings. For many years I presented workshops, and Election Day was exhausting for me…teachers are the worst students! Eventually I chose to use those full days to renew my CPR and First Aid certifications.

Now it’s just a glorious day off!!!

After feeling miserable most of the weekend, I will use today to get everything done that I was unable to take care of on Saturday and Sunday…and of course, I will get out there and VOTE!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

I love fall. The temps are mild but not cold. I also love the colors. I hate that it is short lived before the weather gets cold and I hate the winter. I am already dreading it. If I could stay in the house and never leave during the winter I would be happy.

Today is going to be a rough day. Elizabeth was up with a really bad stomach ache. She called me at 12:30 because it was so bad. Nothing like getting a wake up call from your kid. I was up until about 2 last night and slept on the couch so she could get me easily if she needed too. She woke and is doing good so she is going to school (her choice). I think it was something she ate last night. I am guessing Mac and Cheese. I have had these issues too like this when I eat mac and cheese. I am in the office too today so Jeff is dropping me off at the train so if she calls and needs to come home he can get her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter