November 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread - Bountiful Blessings

Fall is going good so far - I'm in the midwest and other than last week, we have had higher than normal temps. For example today, the high is 78 and the average is typically 64 degrees. That's the problem around here is that we don't get too many days of the truly fall weather, but I'll take whatever I can get. Honestly, with the cooler nights, the warm days are kind of nice!

I'm still getting used to it getting dark so early now, but I do enjoy driving to work in the light again!

Topic Tuesday-How is your fall season going so far? How has your weather been? Are you enjoying fall or missing summer?

I'm all about fall! I love cooler weather, cozy sweatshirts, hot apple cider...the works. I do hate the time change, though. - It takes me ages to adjust (I would make an awful world traveler) and I was up at 4:00 this morning.

I'm looking on the bright side, however, as it will serve me well tomorrow - I have an early flight to Florida to see family for a couple of days. :hyper:

I've been doing some fun classes at the library and such, and our weather has been typical New England:
1699368793116.png
(This is almost too accurate to be funny.)

I also love fall, I think I've mentioned before we're so far north that when the earth starts to tilt back away from the sun, the light slants in a way that wakes something up in me. Our weather has been a bit of everything from lovely sunny days to grey stormy days. It is always windier here, as the weather come across the north end of the Olympic Mountains, and this morning the skies are currently clear but the wind is blowing.

The time change Sunday really turned on the long dark days of winter, and this year I'm here for it. There's something about being embraced by the darkness that is resonating for me.

Cleanse day two is done, phew. Days three and four are usually the "kill all the things" days, but so far my mood seems OK, we'll see how the day goes. Another pound is gone, so hurrah for that.

Last night I had my Walking the Wheel class, first time being in-person and wow it was fabulous. I'd been spinning all day on something I feel like I really need to release and went to class thinking I'd ask the teacher to do a tarot session, because I know hearing what I need to hear from someone else is more powerful than telling myself what I need to do, then during the class got an entirely different answer... it isn't the wrong thing it's the wrong time. I'm still going to do the tarot reading to really get clarity.

IMG_0470.jpeg
And just like that…we welcome whooooohoooooo Wednesday!!!!

What is everyone whooohoooooing today!!!???

Today is my last work day of the week due to the Holiday Friday, since that is my day off my Holiday flips to tomorrow!!

Excited to get back to Awana tonight and see the kiddos!

I stepped on the scale this morning and I have .8 to lose from our Disney trip-which is fabulous! I guess that 30 miles of walking in 3 days really did keep some of the sweet and savory treats from sticking around 🤷🏼‍♀️

I hope everyone has a great day and I can’t wait to hear what you are celebrating!!!

My WooHoo for today -

Last night we went out for DH's birthday and all 3 kids (plus one significant other) were able to come! We had a great time!

Our family is not the best at picking places - some families everyone argues over where to go, in our family, we argue over who has to pick :rolleyes1. We usually eat out for birthdays and the one celebrating their birthday has to pick the place. We typically eat at a "nicer" (ie usually more expensive) place and yesterday DH jokingly said he wanted to eat at Bob Evans. The kids were all excited about it! We reminisced about when we ate there when they were younger and offered free kids meals on your birthday, etc.

I just wished they stayed open past 8:00 because we could have sat there for longer and visited if they would have. We were there until around 8:30 anyway because there were still other tables finishing up their meals, but we wanted to let them get our area cleaned up so it wouldn't keep them longer than necessary from us being there.

Anyway, it was a great night!

Woohoo... it's Friday! I've decided tomorrow I'm going to do a road trip which will involve driving the scenic route along Hoods Canal, shopping for a turkey breast at the closest location of the fancy grocery store I used to shop at, coming back the other route thru the towns with the "modern" shopping, but also stopping in historic downtown Poulsbo, because the fancy shops there are already in holiday mode.

Woohoo... today is day four of the cleanse and it is going well. I need to decide about what to do tomorrow tho, as with the road trip I won't be having the drinks on the recommended schedule. I'd really like to keep going with the cleanse, so need to figure that out.

Woohoo... on Facebook I've found a couple local groups and it feels like a whole new world has opened up to me with visibility into things that are going on around town. Sunday I'm thinking I'll go to a lecture on Western Washington fossils... just the random kind of thing I had in mind with moving up here.

Woohoo... I'll have my tarot reading Tuesday and am really looking forward to some insights into what is coming and what I should be doing.

I've been doing some fun classes at the library and such, and our weather has been typical New England:
View attachment 808419
(This is almost too accurate to be funny.)
I feel this....getting the kids ready for school and me ready for work is such chore! It's like being Goldie Locks and you're dressed just right for about a quarter of the day

IMG_0472.jpeg
Happy Thankful Thursday!!! What are you thankful for today!!

I am so very thankful to be off work today, I had a lot to do from being away last week and I am already making progress with the things I needed to get caught up on.

Thankful that Awana went so well last night and we got some fidget toys for the kiddos to use during the lesson and it really cut down on the 3-4 year old shenanigans and they were listening mush better!!

I hope everyone has a great Thursday!!

Today I'm thankful for the counseling session I had Tuesday because it had me recounting all the positive shifts that have been taking place the past month or so, and to shift my focus from the 'failure' of not having been able to control sugar.

And as much as I detest it, I am thankful to be back on FB because it has greatly opened up my world. I am now "officially" on the class reunion committee and have said "hi" to several former classmates. As with so many things, in my mind this was a huge hill to climb but has actually been very easy.

I am thankful for the extra long weekend. Plans have changed for today because the weather is pretty yucky and not conducive to sight seeing, so I'll be driving the short way to the town with the fancy grocery store, then shopping my way back.

I've decided to end the cleanse at four days because I've started having night cramps in my feet and shins, which indicates I'm not getting enough of something. I'll be going back to low carb calorie counting, which will also get me going exercise wise so I can earn to eat. I'll use a 16/8 intermittent fasting schedule, which is barely like fasting at all, and will be sure to get enough fats.... so kind of combining everything I've tried and learned. I've dropped five pounds, so that's great, and would like to drop another three by Thanksgiving which is a bit aggressive, but we'll see.

Today I'm thankful for many things, but I'll stick with healthwise for this.

I'm thankful that I finally feel like I have a plan again for my healthier living. I just haven't had it in me for the past number of months for some reason, but I feel like I'm ready now!

I've put together (mostly mentally, but a little in my notes) some meal ideas and things I need to remember to incorporate into my daily routines. I'm excited to get with it again because I know I can do it! I'm tired of being tired and I know a lot of it is what I put into my body.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings this morning! I hope everyone has a great day!!

Missed WooHoo Wednesday because I spent it traveling - but WooHoo for on-time flights and a (compared to last time) short rental car line!

DS and I are in Florida for a couple days - no Mickey this time, but visiting with a bunch of relatives I haven't seen in a while, and it's lovely!

Thankful for getting to see them, for beautiful weather, and for some health gains for one of them in particular.

IMG_0474.jpeg
Friday!!!! Happy Friday everyone! We made it!!

Any plans for the weekend?

I get my niece here within the hour until 7pm tonight-have some errands to run and it’s pouring here so we will go have lunch at chick fil a and play in their indoor playground!

Tomorrow is our annual trip to the Delaware farmers market with my in laws! Got the car all cleaned out yesterday inside and out, got a full tank of gas and just have to put some air in the tires today and we will be off!!

Sunday is my coffee bar day at church!

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a great start to the weekend!

View attachment 809377
Friday!!!! Happy Friday everyone! We made it!!

Any plans for the weekend?

I get my niece here within the hour until 7pm tonight-have some errands to run and it’s pouring here so we will go have lunch at chick fil a and play in their indoor playground!

Tomorrow is our annual trip to the Delaware farmers market with my in laws! Got the car all cleaned out yesterday inside and out, got a full tank of gas and just have to put some air in the tires today and we will be off!!

Sunday is my coffee bar day at church!

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a great start to the weekend!

Sounds like you have a great weekend planned!

We don't have much going on, but plan on catching a couple movies - we haven't seen any in a couple of weeks since we were out of town. Last night we saw What Happens Later, tonight I think we're going to The Holdovers and tomorrow the Flower Moon movie.

Otherwise, not too much really. I talked to DD1 yesterday and she said that she might be coming home on Sunday for lunch with my mom and dinner with my inlaws, so that would be great for her to join us for that!

No big plans for the weekend or for today. Just did a short cold blustery walk on the beach and am sitting at the tea shop waiting for my avocado toast to come. I’ve been thinking of seeing What Comes Later, it’s getting mixed reviews but I want to support movies for an “older” audience. Might do that tomorrow.

Last edited:
No big plans for the weekend or for today. Just did a short cold blustery walk on the beach and am sitting at the tea shop waiting for my avocado toast to come. I’ve been thinking of seeing What Comes After, it’s getting mixed reviews but I want to support movies for an “older” audience. Might do that tomorrow.

The movie was ok - nothing spectacular, but very watchable. I do love Meg Ryan though, so that probably helped me like is a bit more!

The interesting thing is that they were the only 2 people in the whole movie with speaking lines (along with the voice over the intercom).

Ended up with an unexpected trip to the eye dr....had what turned out to be an ocular migraine. Scary when it happened by now that I know what it is and that it's nothing "bad" I feel much better.
Came back to a work mess...grand scheme of life nothing major but will make for a headache for a few days.
Those two things turned today into a sugar day....but sometimes you just need to calm the nerves. I did really think and analyze what I wanted as opposed to just blindly grabbing.
Tomorrow is our annual family trip on the polar express. Which should be lots of fun.
Sunday will be starting a sea themed diorama with DS8...goodie. And I have to try to make wreath bows for DS11's scout troop...I am not crafty so this could get ugly. Wish me luck.

The movie was ok - nothing spectacular, but very watchable. I do love Meg Ryan though, so that probably helped me like is a bit more!

The interesting thing is that they were the only 2 people in the whole movie with speaking lines (along with the voice over the intercom).
One of the things I loved in her 90’s films was the set decor, so having it set in an airport is kind of meh, but like I said I want to support so we get more adult romances.

IMG_0526.jpeg
Good Morning Everyone and Happy Sunday!!!

What does everyone have planned for self care Sunday?

I am up earlier than my alarm, which I am not mad about! I am going to bundle up and get a sunrise walk in with the dog once I finish my coffee!

I will spend the morning at church then dog rescue stuff this afternoon!

I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter