November 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread - Bountiful Blessings

DS8 has a birthday party so I'll be there. It's rollerskating so will either be great or a disaster. Also need to get to the market to avoid it during the week. Not sure about self care. If I have the energy maybe I'll paint my nails tonight the wire from the bows is messing them up.

DH and DS are both sick, and I felt like I was coming down with it Friday night, so I did a lot of self-care yesterday: sitting in front of the the TV, popping the Zicams, etc. I felt a lot better in the afternoon. A tiny bit stuffy this morning, but I'm hoping I fought it off! Today will be a little laundry and more TV!

My self care is more focusing on my house. We cleaned a lot yesterday, and we are fully recovered from the birthday weekend. I want a clean slate for Christmas decorations, so the cleaning continues. DH got up on a ladder and took down the curtains in the living room and dusted up high where I can’t reach. I washed the curtains and he hung them up for me. I am tall, but I tend to avoid any jobs that require me getting on a ladder. This morning I steam cleaned my upstairs bathroom before showering.

I still have projects to do today, but at least it’s holiday cleaning and preparation which I am very motivated to do.

I don’t know if I told you all, but my nephew who’s a chef/restaurant owner has relinquished Christmas to me. He is more interested in going skiing and leaving Christmas night, so I finally have Christmas at my house!!! As the youngest in my family, and the aunt of a chef, it took me 59 years to finally get to host Christmas. I am beyond excited!!!

Now it’s time to get to work!

Welcome to self-care Sunday - sometimes we just have to remember to take care of ourselves first. What are you doing today to fill your cup?

View attachment 811723
I love this!

Even though I am doing a lot today, I am still taking many breaks. I have parent conferences Monday and Tuesday which will take a lot out of me. I have some real characters this year, and I’m not talking about my students. How these children turned out as well as they did is truly a mystery to me.

Traditionally the Wednesday before Thanksgiving is a half day…a challenging one due to ALL of the faculty and staff taking the day off to travel, no subs willing to work, and those of us who are there taking on extra students and responsibilities. The district smartened up and gave us the day off!!! So even though I am not really relaxing today, I don’t have to go crazy because I have Wednesday-Sunday off. Somewhere in there will be self-care.

Glad you're getting a chance to take it easy @PollyannaMom - hope your family starts feeling better soon!

I went to church this morning and then DS and I went to my mom's for lunch. We had carryout with my sister's family and then we started getting my mom's Christmas decorations out and prepping some of the food for Thursday. We got the bread torn and celery cut up for the dressing and also cut some veggies so mom can make some veggie soup. She loves cooking, but all of the prep is getting harder for her, so we try to take a little of the work so she can still do the part she loves.

Back home for the day - we're not going to my inlaws because DH is prepping for a colonoscopy tomorrow :( so has to stay close to home! I think I'm going to take this as my sign to start getting my Christmas things out too. I will say, I'm not looking as forward to it as you are @Summer2018, but I hope when I get started, I will enjoy it and become more motivated about doing it!

I am wearing pants today - yay!

Yesterday I finally built the new book case and got books all sorted. And I also finally went back thru most of the kitchen cupboards re-organizing and putting down the new shelf liner... that I bought when I moved in last February.

Today its more cleaning, mostly just vacuuming, dusting and fluffing... I should be mostly done today. I'll be making the cranberry sauce tomorrow, then the cake (not going with pie, trying a Lemon Olive Oil cake) will get baked Thursday morning before I go to brunch and stuffing will bake along with the turkey in the afternoon. I'm taking beverages to brunch, so easy to make but I think I'm going to drive over to my Niece's (even tho she's just one house away), so I don't have to make three trips carrying a pitcher each time.

Motivation this week... all focus is on the holiday!

I'm at the hospital with DH while he has his procedure done, so I brought a few things from home that I'm working on. So, my motivation is that I know I'll feel much better getting some things organized and in a better state than they have been.

First thing was to organize my to-do list for work. I had about 7 or 8 sheets of paper with old lists on them, so I reduced them all down to one piece of paper at least. I don't know why I don't just put it on the computer, but I still like my paper list for work things. I sectioned it off by periods of time I want to work on each item. I've found it helps me focus when I jot down things that would be nice to do at a later date. Therefore, I have lots of things on my list that will probably not be done for a number of months, but I still want them on my list if that makes sense.

I also organized my Christmas list and my shopping list for foods I need to make for Thursday. I'm pretty lucky that I don't have to make anything too complicated!

I also searched facebook to get all of my great niece and nephew's birthdays - I now have 12 of them on DHs side and am losing track. I searched all of their mom's facebook pages and got the dates and years put in my calendar. It will make buying Christmas gifts so much easier knowing the age for sure!

I ticked all of the boxes from today's meme! Had a WTH moment at work but I kept my cool and my boss and I will get through it, or rip our hair out trying! It'll be fine regardless but made for a weird afternoon.
Yesterday DS8 did a great job trying to roller skate...and I got 20 minutes of excersize trying to help him! Tomorrow is a fundraiser pick up at the Littles school and making more bows after a half day at work. Then Wednesday is another half day followed by prepping the veggies and sausage bread for Thursday. Friday I'll be working at home and it's one of my favorite days to work because most people are on vaca and I just need to make sure nothing goes bump.

Thankful to be almost ready for the holiday... just a few more things to do and get. I've done so much better about keeping up with housework that its been quite easy to get ready for the holiday. Strangely easy.

Now the big question... my new taller Christmas tree arrived yesterday. I need to move the living room chairs around so that everyone has a place to sit and watch the football game, which I just realized is in the afternoon. That is also how I was going to move them around to make space for the Christmas tree, so, do I go ahead and put it up now? Do I take on the last minute chore of getting it at least partly decorated by Thursday? Hmmm....

Great topic - I think being thankful for everyday things helps us to take the pressure off of trying to be perfect with everything, including our eating and exercise habits. If we can be thankful for what we are able to do, we can realize that it's better than it could be and worth putting our efforts into.

Today, I'm thankful that we are having our Thanksgiving luncheon at work. We are just having soup and some pulled pork sandwiches with salad, so it will be pretty simple, but fun acknowledging all that we're thankful for!

Oooh...I must know more. :-) That sounds delicious!
Super easy! Grab some sausage (i like sweet), a pound works well. Remove from casing if there is casing and brown and crumble. In the meantime unroll crescent rolls...either traditional or sheet and par cook them, about a third of the time on the wrapper, poking a couple holes in the dough before it goes in the oven so it doesn't puff fully. When the dough is a third done take it out of the oven and spread the sausage out in it. Throw a bunch of shredded cheddar or any other melty cheese on it then roll up the dough...you can either do it calzone style or kind of criss cross the triangles. You can even do individual kind of like pigs in a blanket. Pop it back in the oven for the remainder of the cooking time. Slice and serve warm (not hot) or even room temp.

WOO HOO for Thanksgiving break! I certainly need this time off.

Monday’s conferences were super busy back to back but very typical. Yesterday all of the strange people and suffering mothers showed up, and the meetings weren’t really about the kids. There was a lot of crying and drama due to divorce talks, court proceedings, fathers abandoning the family and not paying child support. The broken hearts over these scum bags was so sad. People were high on drugs. One parent wouldn’t leave until I got administration involved.

I should get hazard pay.

Thank God that’s over.

Five days away from all of it!!!
WOO HOO!!!

Last edited:
Woohoo... today is a half day and Friday I'll be "working" but very few people I directly work with will be, so the long holiday weekend officially starts in a couple hours.

Woohoo... the tree is up and I love it. With the tippy-top bit folded over to look like a branch it fits the ceiling height perfectly. The base is slightly bigger than the little tree, so I've had to order another basket to set it in which will come at some point today... I can't decorate it until then but should have plenty of time this evening and tomorrow, while things are in the oven.

Woohoo... we're having beautiful weather this morning and the next few days are forecasted to also look pretty good. Saturday I'll be making my wreaths, I'm planning on putting one on each gate, and I have a faux wreath that can go on the front door where it is protected from the weather.

1700676077060.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter