FEBRUARY 2024 W.I.S.H thread-full of gratitude, grace and love

I also wanted to say, I've never heard of paczkis (must not be a midwest thing), but they look yummy!!

They are a Polish doughnut eaten on Fat Tuesday, the day before Ash Wednesday. There are many Polish immigrants living in my area, so they are widely available.

Also this time of year there is an Italian treat eaten especially on St. Joseph's Day. Zeppole is an Italian fried dough filled with custard, ricotta, or chocolate topped with powdered sugar and a cherry.
I am not sure if we have a huge polish population by us but we do have a lot of Ukrainian immigrants. Around here they are just regular doughnuts but a bigger focus on cream and jelly filled ones. There is a doughnut shop in my home town (the only one we had near us growing up) and they make fresh mad doughnuts. They are a big deal in the town. They sold over 5000 paczkis yesterday and with just pre-orders sold another 100 dozen. For walk ins today, it was about an hour or more wait. They started last year having them order when they get their and then they call you when they are ready so you don't have to wait around.

I am Italian and I have never heard of this treat. Sounds good though.
During the pandemic, I joined a thread on the DisBoards called, "Funny Memes." It helped me so much during my darkest days. I haven't been on it in a while, but I should make it a point of visiting and posting more often.
I love this thread.

I don't like confrontation either and will avoid it at all cost. I never say anything to the person and run my mouth to any of my friends/family/husband on what happened. I talk a mile a minute until I calm down. I also cry. Like I have no control over it. My mom is the same way. I have cried a few times at work because I got made at something. When that happens I just step put of the office and talk a walk around the building. I usually end up at a store and get a candy bar or something. I work in a building that used to be a big time mall but has more office space. In the main area we still have a food court and some stores.

I am a confrontation avoider but when I am angry or frustrated enough to confront watch out. It's either going to be loud, short and intense or it's going to be quiet, logic based and a loooonnnnggg confrontation.
I don't laugh as much as I did pre-covid which is bad. While I can find humor in most any situation that actual physical laugh isn't as frequent which is sad for me. I do follow the funny memes board and if I look at it early I get my day started with a smile at least.
Never heard of a paczik but zeppoles are a big deal in RI. I am not a fan as i dont like filled pastry but i can see the appeal. Fat Tuesday is usually a takeout night for us but the snow put a damper on that. We didn't get a ton but it was enough for a lot of businesses to close for the day.

I am woohooing that I feel like I am finally getting back on track. I have logged my food every day since Saturday (I do need to work on stay under my calories) and I has gotten more steps (close to 10,000 a day) since Saturday.

Yesterday I was under my calories. Not sure how. I had a doughnut for breakfast, one for lunch and a good dinner (pork chops in the air fryer, mashed potatoes and broccoli). I also had the last piece of the cookie cake (so glad this is gone). I know I was way over on my fat though so still a work in progress.

Yesterday I tried to get my 10,000 steps but since I made dinner I didn't get on the treadmill until about 8. I made it to 30 minutes and 9,000 steps before I just felt I couldn't do anymore. Today I am going to go for a walk at lunch, like I do most days, and get on the treadmill right after work. I am hoping that helps.

Woohoo... I woke up in an honest to goodness good mood this morning, can't even remember when the last time that happened was.

Woohoo... the changes I've made in my skin care are starting to pay off, my skin is looking and feeling like new.

Woohoo and well done me... yesterday was so work-busy that I all I had time for at lunch was to grab some carbs, and I spent the afternoon thinking that after work I needed to go somewhere to go eat some protein, but I ended up cooking the chicken tenders in the fridge. I've done much better lately with not tossing as much food, partly by curbing impulse buying but also thru actually eating what I have on hand.

And of course how can I not woohoo... five days till I leave for vacation! It's starting to feel really real!

1707929538869.png

Woohoo that a questionable situation turned out favorable for DS. I've done a lot of worrying and praying about it, so Woohoo that it is resolved!

Woohoo that middle DD texted me a pic of the two of us from this past summer's vacation. It's a picture I'd never seen and just made me happy that she saw it and texted it to me!

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!!! ❤️

Whooohoooo DH called me and said “don’t cook dinner I am bringing us home a Valentines dinner”…what could it be…?!? I know one thing for certain-it’s not gonna fit into the 510 calories I have left for the day 😂 but that’s ok I have not had any candy or sweets today!

Whooohoooo one more work day left after today then a long 4 day weekend for me!! Can’t wait!

I’m thankful to be home for my winter break.

I am thankful that DD will be back home this weekend. She had mild cold symptoms last weekend which turned out to be Covid. I insisted that she test even though she felt fine. Well, DD tested positive for Covid in Florida shortly after arriving for her work trip. She just wanted to come straight home but had to quarantine in her hotel. Soon, she will be home safe in her own bed recovering. Let’s hope that I can once again avoid getting it. She is much better about isolating and masking than DH, so I am not too concerned.

I am thankful that we’ve been getting a good amount of snow which will help me when allergy season begins. Last year we had such a mild winter that my symptoms were off the charts

Rejoice, rejoice, rejoice... it's Friday! The last three weeks have been challenging at work and I am ever so grateful to be getting a break with vacation... two and a half weeks of vacation, the most I've ever taken at one time.

Last night when I was doing household chores I felt so proud of myself over how much I've improved in taking care of things, doing little bits all the time. Seems like a pretty simple concept, but it has taken me a lifetime to get to this point. The pre-vacation list is very short, a few more cleaning things and a few more errands to pick up things. One of which is to make the long trek to JJill to pick up a few cuter tops, because what I have feels old-lady frumpy and I'm not in to that vibe at all.

The temps have been very cold, there was snow yesterday around us but none right here in town. I am really looking forward to being warm, as it is currently 70 to 80 degrees in Marrakesh and just thinking about it feels so good.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter