Internet Question

HopperFan

"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."
We have three cabins, we are connected and I can see all three on my log in.

A person in each cabin needs internet ~ two have dogs at home they need to be available to sitter and one starts an online graduate course while on cruise.

It has gotten very pricey since we last cruised and it looks if just I book the 3 device package it would be much less than if we booked a 1 device package per cabin.

Will this work out okay even though we are not in the same cabin?

As long as you share the login and password it will work. You will get only one. You can share it with anyone you wish no matter what cabin they are located in.

I forgot to add that if all three don’t need simultaneous access, that you can buy a one or two device plan and share that as well.

Is the internet package good enough to support checking Ring cameras and watching those videos. We have our 1st cruise booked with Royal and usually cruise Disney. I usually get internet to check on my dogs between the dog babysitter coming over.

Is the internet package good enough to support checking Ring cameras and watching those videos. We have our 1st cruise booked with Royal and usually cruise Disney. I usually get internet to check on my dogs between the dog babysitter coming over.
I have not cruised since 2018 so I can't speak to current internet.

I have heard it's good, depending on whether the ship has Starlink(?- whatever the upgraded version is). I'm not sure it's on every ship yet.

We're currently on Icon (about to debark 😥) and the internet connection has been great! You should definitely be able to check a Ring cam and/or watch videos with no problem!

I think, at this point, all of Royal's ships have been upgraded to Starlink internet.

We're currently on Icon (about to debark 😥) and the internet connection has been great! You should definitely be able to check a Ring cam and/or watch videos with no problem!

I think, at this point, all of Royal's ships have been upgraded to Starlink internet.
Good to hear, hopefully the same for us on Allure. DS found out his first graduate class starts during the cruise so he'll need to be online for that.

The OP did not mention which cruise/ship/itinerary they were sailing. For example, historically, Alaska cruise were some of the worst due to being so far north and that was an issue.

I'll add that Royal adding Starlink has made things even better than they use to be, but there are still spots that might not be as good and weather or location can impact performance. If the Starlink satellite system doesn't have as good coverage things still might be little less than expected. I haven't heard any updates on how good the coverage is since they are still adding satellites. If you are in the Caribbean things should be pretty good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter