FEBRUARY 2024 W.I.S.H thread-full of gratitude, grace and love

Woohoo, I'm so thankful it is Friday!

This has been a good healthy living week. No pounds off the scale yet, but for some reason they usually drop off over the weekend, so still hoping. Even more important is feeling so much better.

As for weekend plans... tonight I'm going to the play at the community theater. Tomorrow is my pre-vacation haircut. The yard waste gets picked up today, so after that I'll be filling the bin again with more clippings which should be the last of them. There's a beach clean up thing Sunday that I think I'll attend. And the serious packing starts this weekend.

I recalculated and if I average 7500 steps today, Saturday and Sunday, that will complete my London walking challenge, so there will be plenty of steps the next three days. This morning I'm walking along side of Buckingham Palace, and I've actually been there so that's cool.

This weekend is the party my sister and I are hosting for my mom's 80th birthday! I've very excited about it and hope everything goes smoothly. My mom is the person who does everything for everyone, so I think we'll have a good turnout from the people that we invited.

We are going to decorate the church hall tonight after work so we won't have as much to do tomorrow morning. We are providing lunch, so that's the only thing that makes me a little nervous since we don't know for sure how many to expect. We didn't require RSVP, but we mailed invitations and also make a facebook party invite so we have a general idea based on facebook resposes. A lot of her friends are not on facebook though, we don't really know about them.

Anyway, I'm excited and I know it will be a good weekend for her
❤️

It's been another long week at work.. my least favorite project goes live in mid-January every year and carries through to mid-end of Feb. Its the same every year yet people have the same questions and we answer the same way and it's just...ugh. But a more interesting project starts next week so that should help things.
Hope to watch the season premiere of Abbott elementary tonight and maybe work on my blanket for project Linus.
Tomorrow DH and I are going to a play and Sunday will be Super Bowl viewing.
Had some colleagues reminiscing today about the blizzard of 78 (IYKYK) and I was able to share a nice story about my dad with 100+ people. The blizzard was before I was born and my parents lived in Pawtucket which is on the RI/MA border. At the time 4 wheel drive was not common but my dad had a jeep, one of the only 4 wheel drive vehicles in the city. Once he knew my mom was safely home he went out with the police department, driving kids home who had gotten stranded on a school bus. The last drop off of the night was a child who did not speak English so he and the police drove around turning when the child got excited and pointed. By the time they found where he lived it was late in the night. Dad and the officers walked the boy to his door and into a prayer vigil, the family thought the boy was dead...
My dad always recalled that story fondly, I think it was one of the best nights of his life being able to reunite that family. It was so nice to share it with my colleagues today.

Event: Anne Frank got her diary on her 13th birthday. I remember I learned we shared a birthday date when I read the books as a girl.

Today has started off with jumping right into chores, deep clean in the kitchen is well under way along with a couple loads of laundry and general picking up.

When I got home from the play last night I only had 5000 steps but I sucked it up and did another walking video and got to my 7500 goal. So I get a hearty “well done me”.

Event: Anne Frank got her diary on her 13th birthday. I remember I learned we shared a birthday date when I read the books as a girl.

Today has started off with jumping right into chores, deep clean in the kitchen is well under way along with a couple loads of laundry and general picking up.

When I got home from the play last night I only had 5000 steps but I sucked it up and did another walking video and got to my 7500 goal. So I get a hearty “well done me”.

How do your walking videos work? Are they through youtube? They sound interesting and I need to find something to do in the house!

How do your walking videos work? Are they through youtube? They sound interesting and I need to find something to do in the house!
Yes they are on YouTube. I’ve been using Fabulous 50’s. She has a nice 8 minute stretching video and then I’ve done several of the 15 minute walking videos. They are a mix of walking in place and other movements, including for arms and core. Nice and easy and she’s got just the right amount of energy. She’s got quite a few different things to choose from.

Yes they are on YouTube. I’ve been using Fabulous 50’s. She has a nice 8 minute stretching video and then I’ve done several of the 15 minute walking videos. They are a mix of walking in place and other movements, including for arms and core. Nice and easy and she’s got just the right amount of energy. She’s got quite a few different things to choose from.
Thanks!

Self-care this morning started with getting much further on cleaning up the back porch. Next is a trip to Home Depot to get some storage totes that aren't see-thru and are all the shape size and shape... despite all the sorting and clearing it still looks chaotic because I'm currently using all sorts of different things to store in. The back door is actually the way most often used to enter the house and walking past the clutter and disorganization on the back porch is stressful, so this is going to feel really good when I get it done.

I'm going to try some knitting while I watch the Super Bowl this afternoon, I'd really like to finish at least one of the hats I set aside. We'll see if the wool makes me sniffly and weepy. If I can tolerate it, keeping my hands busy will be more self-care.

Happy Happy Sunday to everyone!!

I have been absent this week due to DS1 our daughter in law getting some test results back weeks sooner than expected which moved up a party I was planning to this weekend instead of next… so I have been busy planning, shopping and cleaning but without any further delay I want to share the most wonderful news our family could ask for….
IMG_1419.jpeg

DS1 and our wonderful daughter in law are expecting a baby girl late this summer! We could not be happier for them! This has been such an emotional week for me and even a more emotional weekend, I am just overjoyed for my kids and can’t believe how blessed we are to share this time with them.

After eating and celebrating all weekend I am getting on track starting tomorrow!

My self-care for today was going to my mom's for lunch and reading through all of her cards with her. It was a fun and relaxing lunch that we all shared.

After that, I had an afternoon bridal shower for one of DD1s best friends form high school. It was good to catch up with some of her friend's moms that I hadn't seen in awhile.

Now, I'm sitting watching the super bowl with DH and DS. Usually we're at my MILs and there is so much chaos. It's kind of nice this year just being able to watch the game and commercials! (Although I do miss watching with family too)

Happy Happy Sunday to everyone!!

I have been absent this week due to DS1 our daughter in law getting some test results back weeks sooner than expected which moved up a party I was planning to this weekend instead of next… so I have been busy planning, shopping and cleaning but without any further delay I want to share the most wonderful news our family could ask for….
View attachment 833346

DS1 and our wonderful daughter in law are expecting a baby girl late this summer! We could not be happier for them! This has been such an emotional week for me and even a more emotional weekend, I am just overjoyed for my kids and can’t believe how blessed we are to share this time with them.

After eating and celebrating all weekend I am getting on track starting tomorrow!
BEST NEWS EVER!!!💕💕

Congrats @PAsFab5

My self care was trying to eat right yesterday and getting 10,000 steps. Then watching the Superbowl.

I got 10,000 steps on Saturday and Sunday and tracked my food each day. My mind is focused on losing weight before the cruise.

I also drank 32 oz of water yesterday. This is a big deal. Normally I don't drink much. We got new water bottles that keep your water cold for a long time. The bottles are 16 oz. I put 4 ice cubes in it and it stays ice cold all day and really all night too. I don't have to put more ice in it either. I drink so much more water when it is really cold.

Yesterday wasn't really a self-care day. We went to church which was not great for a few reasons, one of which was that our Pastor was out of town so we had the lay leader preaching. She makes it a point to identify herself as a "Certified Lay Leader" as if she needs to prove that she is legitimate. But the problem is she stinks. I would have rather had a non-certified anybody else get up there and give it a shot. It was Scout Sunday, and it was disappointing to see that our Boy Scout troop has only 5 boys. I remember the days that we had a huge group.

Anyway, after lunch, I prepared my valentines for my students. I got them miniature teddy bears that came with plastic hearts, so I had to put each bear in each heart and tape them shut since they kept opening. I signed all my cards, and also signed each box of conversation hearts for them. I still need to get cupcakes. I had planned on doing it tomorrow since I'm off for my physical, but now we're getting snow, so...I don't know when that will get done...obviously before school on Wednesday.

I'm not into football, so while DH was watching the festivities, I watched surfing videos.

I went to the lab this morning to get my bloodwork done before my appointment tomorrow. I had a hard time scheduling so I just walked in. I was first in line, but of course there were a bunch with appointments. Well the staff opened late, and then I noticed the kiosks to sign in were unplugged. It was a whole thing, and come to find out, the location had been closed for a month which is probably why I couldn't get an appointment for last week. Anyway, I finally left because the staff clearly didn't know what they were doing, and my stomach was acting up. I barely made it home, and basically without too much information, I had to take a sick day because my stomach just isn't right.

So I'm home, and I wonder how much snow we will get and if my appointment will get cancelled tomorrow. I have an SUV, so I probably won't have an issue getting there. I guess we shall see...

DD is in the air. She will be in Florida this week on a work trip. I'm so glad she got out before it started snowing.

Edited to add: Well apparently we are getting 8-12 inches of snow from the Nor'easter, Lorraine! I called the doctor's office and was able to reschedule my appointment. Then I ordered cupcakes from the bakery around the corner. I was able to make it to the bakery and back without incident. The pretty pink, white, & red cupcakes are in my freezer for Wednesday since clearly I won't be going anywhere tomorrow.

DD made it to Florida and has to report directly to work without stopping at the hotel first. The weather there is gorgeous, sunny and in the 80's! I'm so happy she arrived safe and sound without having to deal with the Nor'easter.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter