June 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread - New Season, New Start

As summer starts, I am thankful for free childcare. I work part-time and my mom and in-laws split the days watching the kids so that I don't have to pay for summer camps. (Which, omg, camp is bonkers expensive!)

Also, I'm thankful that I work only 2.5 miles from home. My brother is tagging in for my in-laws watching the girls today. I had to leave him my van to fit three booster seats, but then I also couldn't drive his car to work because it's a stick shift. Since it's so close, I was able to bike.

Thankful today that I am 90% work from home.

I had a project today that was extremely time sensitive and after working on it for 5 hours and finishing I thought-my gosh this would have taken me DAYS in the office with visitors-long walks to the bathroom-team mate interruptions…I just get so much more done at home it amazes me!!

Thankful it’s my last work day of the week as well 🎉

Thankful for another school year wrapped up. I have not looked at report cards but I did see DS8's diagnostics and while he is still "below grade level" he showed amazing improvement since January.

Thankful for work flexibility. I did part of the day in office and part at home so I could greet the kids to officially start summer as soon as they got off their busses.

Thankful for fun little perks from DH's work. He does not get them often but when he does they are pretty niffty...scored a pair of sponsor tickets to this year's zoobilee which is a major fundraiser full of dancing, raffles and free tastings from local resturants. Since we didn't have to buy tickets I'll buy some extra raffle tickets. The food will be....a lot but fortunately that is countered by lots of walking. And I'll probably only do one adult beverage....a cheeseburger slider beets a cocktail 99% of the time in my book! Plus I was able to sneak in a half mile walk tonight while DS10's troop mowed the lawn at their adopt a spot.

Thankful for cellphone cameras! Check out the macaws that showed up at the fifth grade graduation (they have safely returned to the zoo, they got a bit outside their typical 1/4 mile radius) and the fox near the adopt a spot!

20230621_105319.jpg20230622_184119.jpg

My plans - we finally arrived in Seattle! It ended up being about 2 hours late. We had connections through Denver and they had bad storms, so everything going in and out of there was delayed. Our first flight took off late, then there was a medical emergency, so when we arrived in DEN, everyone had to stay seated so that EMTs could come onboard and tend to someone. Luckily, everything ended up being ok. When we finally deplaned, we hoofed it to our connecting flight which was already loaded, but we made it on! The pilot then came out and said one of the monitors that is required wasn't working, so they had to replace it - that took about another 30 minutes, but we finally took off and everything else was smooth sailing lol!

So, Friday and Saturday, we're going to explore Seattle before leaving on our cruise on Sunday! Very excited! Tonight DH, DS and I came out. Tomorrow afternoon, my mom, my sister, her husband and 2 kids will arrive and then around 11pm, my 2 DDs will get here. We'll have all day Saturday together to sight-see!

I woke up sore (not injured) from yesterday’s zumba, but that only means that it worked😁. I walked on the treadmill today for 30 minutes, and felt great afterwards.

DD and I are huge Wes Anderson fans, so tomorrow we are seeing his new movie, “Asteroid City!” I can’t wait!
IMG_1357.jpeg

Tomorrow we drive three hours to attend our niece's wedding, then drive three hours home. We'll see the twins which we basically haven't done since they lived with us. That'll be fun.

Sunday I am going on a hike with a group of friends. Don't know exactly where (somewhere in Silver Falls State Park) and I know we're having lunch afterwards. Then I'll probably collapse. I hope the trail isn't muddy because I am wearing my Keens. I have a pair of sneakers, but they're a tad too small and wouldn't feel good for any long period of time.

FB2DD3B4-FDD0-4A88-B573-A8D69408AC7E.jpeg
This was fun!!

My weekend has been laid back which is odd and was also unexpected!

My niece was sick yesterday so my sister stayed home with her so I was freed up for most of the day. Took DD to/from work, did some cleaning, reading, worked out, laundry, got to walk the dogs at like 7pm when the rain let up a bit-we still got super wet though!

Today I slept in until 9am-it was wild!!! The rain had finally stopped so I walked the dogs, cleaned and took DD to from work and to and from a graduation party.

I didn’t volunteer this weekend due to a high volume of trainees that were walking mostly independently today…adding more people to the mix just would have been too much. I feel almost like a retiree 😂

Tomorrow DD and I are taking my niece to the zoo, we go every year and she starts asking in January what day we are going to go in June LOL so I am looking forward to that!

Self-Care Sunday - What are you going to do today to take care of yourself?

1687669074682.png

Sometimes I have trouble remembering the ideas above. I tend to be a people pleaser and sometimes that is opposite of some of these things. I'm very fortunate that today, I get to lead my extended family onto a cruise ship that we will (hopefully) enjoy for the next week. We have been planning this trip for quite awhile and it is finally here! I think it will be a busy and relaxing day all at the same time!

What are you going to do today to take care of yourself?
Good "Things to Remember" today - I really like that one!

I have lunch and dinner plans to look forward to (a graduation party and a fish fry) so I'm counting a break from cooking as self-care! I'm also up before the guys, so quiet time with coffee and a cuddly cat is starting out my day.

Self-Care Sunday - What are you going to do today to take care of yourself?

View attachment 770675

Sometimes I have trouble remembering the ideas above. I tend to be a people pleaser and sometimes that is opposite of some of these things. I'm very fortunate that today, I get to lead my extended family onto a cruise ship that we will (hopefully) enjoy for the next week. We have been planning this trip for quite awhile and it is finally here! I think it will be a busy and relaxing day all at the same time!
Love this! I’m also a people pleaser…youngest child and sibling of an alcoholic…peace keeping…entertaining…mask wearing while pushing down my own feelings…UGH!!! My 40’s and 50’s were a true growth and healing experience for me.

Have a wonderful vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter