June 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread - New Season, New Start

Today's hike was 9.5 miles. I'm pooped! DH asked if there was a lot of climbing--to which I replied, both ways! It was lovely to be with some girlfriends and just walk and talk and walk some more! Two of them walked quite slow and I found that a huge bother. In fact, one of them I walk with frequently and she was so much slower on this hike. Not sure why. But we got some exercise in, had good catch ups and a lovely lunch afterwards. All excellent self care!

Today's hike was 9.5 miles. I'm pooped! DH asked if there was a lot of climbing--to which I replied, both ways! It was lovely to be with some girlfriends and just walk and talk and walk some more! Two of them walked quite slow and I found that a huge bother. In fact, one of them I walk with frequently and she was so much slower on this hike. Not sure why. But we got some exercise in, had good catch ups and a lovely lunch afterwards. All excellent self care!
Wow! 9.5 miles is impressive! That's one heck of a calorie burn! You would not have wanted me with you on that hike. The farthest I have walked in recent years is a very relaxed pace of 6 miles. I used to do the CROP Walk for hunger and I can remember my knees being shot for the next day or two. Anyway, good for you being in such excellent shape!

Yay! I maintained over the weekend, which is all I can really ask for this time of year. After accepting that my healthy eating plan must become a permanent lifestyle change in order for me to live long enough and be healthy enough to enjoy my life, travel, play with my future grandchildren, and not be on the sidelines watching the world go by for the rest of my days, it has been easier to manage. On the weekend, I eased up a bit and allowed myself some candy during the movie. Yesterday I enjoyed a delicious muffin with my eggs for breakfast. I didn't go nuts though. I just allowed myself a few extras resulting in me maintaining my weight.

Now I'm back to the weight loss portion of the week. So, no candy or muffin today. Yes to 30 minutes on the treadmill. My future self will most definitely thank me for my smart choices!

How about you?

Not exercise-related, but I straightened up the pantry this morning (got rid of expired stuff, grouped like items, etc.) My future self will find it easier to plan meals, since I know what I have now!

I have a bag to take the food pantry as well, of stuff we won't use before it expires, so someone else will benefit too!

Not exercise-related, but I straightened up the pantry this morning (got rid of expired stuff, grouped like items, etc.) My future self will find it easier to plan meals, since I know what I have now!

I have a bag to take the food pantry as well, of stuff we won't use before it expires, so someone else will benefit too!
We are like-minded today! I was doing some reorganizing and stumbled upon our hurricane rations, all of which except for one can of stew are expired. So, disposing of them became part of my morning. We have lots of water, but I need to get to the store at some point before the next hurricane comes and replace all of the expired non-perishables.

Today's motivation is all about resetting. I weighed in this morning and I'm looking at trying to drop 6lb. Current plan is to try to do it now when I'm feeling good but still don't have enough immune system to eat out. (So much easier to watch my calories when I'm the one cooking!!) It would be 2lb a week, which is aggressive but not outside of my capacity from prior weight loss attempts.

I started the morning with 30 minutes of pilates and then I'm resetting the office for a couple hours while the kids have morning enrichment camp at school. The office becomes our dumping room when things get busy, so it's pretty bad right now!!

Got back from the cruise yesterday, altho I still feel like I'm on the ship... either that or the house has started floating. We had perfect weather the entire time, Alaska really put on a show. Our seat mates for dinner were two older couples who were delightful. Loved the ship and the nightly entertainment was fabulous.

I made good food choices all week but felt like I was eating the entire time and did not want to get on the scale this morning, but amazingly I'm only up two pounds.

I've decided to start working with a personal trainer a couple times a week starting as soon as I get over this bug. I want to make sure I'm doing things correctly and I need more input than doing YouTube at home. Plus I want to drop around 10 pounds before I go to WDW in September which will come up super fast... my dining window opens up next week!

-and it’s pretty 🤩

It's definitely pretty!

What do you think about this graphic? Do you agree or disagree?

I like some of it, especially consistency and patience! The 80-20 thing feels right to me, but I think sleep might deserve an even bigger position.

Hydration is the piece I really need to work on. - I know that it worked for me in the past, but somehow I've still let it slip lately.

Last edited:
WOO HOO! It's summer!

WOO HOO! I have the summer off! There were many years before I was a teacher that I had to leave the family beach cottage to work every day in office attire, including pantyhose (it was the 80's!); the years I was changing my career path and worked multiple part-time jobs running from my day job working at a summer camp for children with special needs...no A/C...to my night job doing telemarketing in a very smoky room with too much A/C (🤢cough cough); attending summer classes during the day to finish my degree and at night, managing a group home for adults with special needs...Thank God for A/C; working in retail to supplement my income at the group home after graduation before getting a teaching job, again, Thank God for A/C; teaching summer school and working the afternoon recreation program as a new teacher, no A/C; summer classes for my Masters, A/C. All of those years of working multiple jobs and attending school led me to finally being able to enjoy summers off, and I appreciate every single day.

WOO HOO! The weather is improving soon.

WOO HOO! We are returning to Cape Cod in 3.5 weeks!

It's that time of the month when we need to plan for next month. Since I will be leaving for vacation in a few weeks, and I will be busy the second half of July, I will continue into next week. Please choose a week that you would like to host. Thank you in advance.

July 3-9: Summer
July 10-16: Oneanne
July 17-23: TheOneWithTheTriplets
July 24-30: PollyannaMom
July 31-August 6:

Last edited:
It's that time of the month when we need to plan for next month. Since I will be leaving for vacation in a few weeks, and I will be busy the second half of July, I will continue into next week. Please choose a week that you would like to host. Thank you in advance.

July 10-16:
July 17-23:
July 24-30:
July 31-August 6:
I can take the second week.

July 17-23:
July 31-August 6:

I can do the 24th-30th.

July 17-23:
July 31-August 6:
I can do 17-23

July 31-August 6:
July 31-August 6:

Only one week left!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter