June 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread - New Season, New Start

Context: DD's friend is a foster parent who specializes in emergency placements. DCF just placed a 16 year-old 8th grader with her. She was being abused by her foster parents in ways I cannot put into words. This child is an orphan and has been mistreated her entire life and suffers from PTSD as a result.

I am thankful that this child and her foster siblings were rescued by an observant person who insisted that she go to the hospital and followed through until a medical professional intervened.

I am thankful for foster parents with a mission to rescue and truly care for children and are not doing it to get paid as many neglectful foster parents do.

I am thankful that the system actually works sometimes.

I am thankful that I am able to make a difference in my students' lives whether they just need to be seen and appreciated or they need someone to intervene.

I am thankful that my DD genuinely cares for complete strangers and not only actively helps others, she also gets others involved to help too.

I am thankful that even though my family had it's issues, I always felt safe and loved, and I was blessed with an outstanding Mother who provided me with the best example enabling me to be a good mother to my child.

I am thankful for goodness in this sometimes scary world.

I am thankful I tested negative for covid. I am also thankful I turned the corner last evening and got several hours of good sleep last night. And I am thankful that this is tracking like a "normal" cold, so I should be in much better shape for the coming weekend.

I am thankful for the beautiful summer we're having this year. Now that the cruise has happened I feel like I have the next two months open and clear to do other fun summer stuff... I'm going to be putting together a list to make sure I do a couple special things each week, not just walking and yard work.

Catching up here after a hectic week!!!

Whoooohooooo for a 5 day weekend for me starting…now!! My day off, the weekend, one vacation day and 4th of July Holiday give me 5 days off from work!!!! Work has been HECTIC and I am so so glad to be off!!!

Thankful that DH and I came to the decision to adopt our foster puppy ❤️🐾 you may recall she was adopted and returned. She got a 2nd approved adopter who seemed…uncommitted and not urgently interested in meeting her and I had a absolute emotional breakdown in my car, alone, last weekend at the thought of her being adopted and returned again. So I immediately went home and told DH-I don’t think I can live without her-he said-me neither ❤️ So here we are! Welcome Gemma 27AF3A5E-E339-4FEC-8757-742CE585A5D9.jpeg

Catching up here after a hectic week!!!

Whoooohooooo for a 5 day weekend for me starting…now!! My day off, the weekend, one vacation day and 4th of July Holiday give me 5 days off from work!!!! Work has been HECTIC and I am so so glad to be off!!!

Thankful that DH and I came to the decision to adopt our foster puppy ❤️🐾 you may recall she was adopted and returned. She got a 2nd approved adopter who seemed…uncommitted and not urgently interested in meeting her and I had a absolute emotional breakdown in my car, alone, last weekend at the thought of her being adopted and returned again. So I immediately went home and told DH-I don’t think I can live without her-he said-me neither ❤️ So here we are! Welcome Gemma View attachment 772938
Awwww... what a beauty.

Thankful I am on vacation. Not thankful DH didn't do some scrubbing and now I have to. :(
Thankful that in two hours we will be on the road to the airport.

I'll be gone 2.5 weeks so will just be reading everyone's journeys. I'm hoping for some inspiration because I'm very close to leaving onederland. AGGGHHHH I'm glad work is done and I won't be eating my stress all the time. I think I'm finally getting my head around just being healthier in general and I'm going to love my traveling!

Well, I'm a bit bummed out. The Canadian wildfires which are affecting the midwest, and mid Atlantic states have made it to the the entire eastern seaboard. Yesterday was 84, in the yellow, and today was predicted to be 102, in the orange, which my lungs can tolerate. Overnight it went to 151, red. My school BFF was supposed to come over for lunch and a pool day today. Earlier in the week, Friday was the only day with 30% chance of thunderstorms, so it seemed like the safest day. Too bad we didn't get together yesterday because once again, there were no thunderstorms and the air quality was okay. I stepped outside for under a minute this morning and couldn't breathe. I quickly used my albuterol and cancelled our plans. 😡

Except for my 4 days in Cape Cod in June when the air quality was outrageously dangerous (over 400) in Connecticut and NYC, I have been trapped inside since April because of severe allergies and dangerous air quality due to these wildfires which apparently continue to burn uncontrollably. Climate change seems to be the cause of both, and I'm really concerned for the future. I can already picture myself carrying around an oxygen tank when I leave the house.

I know many of you are dealing with the terrible breathing conditions as well, and I pray that it gets better for all of us. I just needed to vent my frustrations.

Hopefully there will be more healthy days than unhealthy days this summer...At least for one week in July, I should be safe. Where we go in Cape Cod is surrounded by the bay and ocean, so the breezes seem to keep the air clean.🌊🌊🌊🌬️

The idea of retiring on Cape Cod is becoming more and more attractive...

We've had several summers impacted with wildfire smoke, so I understand the stress it causes. Hopefully things will clear up some time soon.

No really big or exciting plans for the weekend, still hoping to get past the coughing and drippy nose so I can feel comfortable being out-and-about.

I'm on version 3.0 of my deer deterrent plan... evidently the wire fencing I put up wasn't high enough because many things were eaten while I was away. So I'll be working on that over the weekend.

I've barely gotten any steps in this week, so need to get in a couple long walks, starting today, in order to make my minutes goal for June.

And of course there is always housework to delight and amuse ones self with.

Happy Friday!!

@Oneanne i hope you feel better
@Summer2018 i hope you feel better too!

We are also suffering from the wildfire smoke. I am not impacted by it and I know I am blessed for that. I know it’s not good to breathe in though and it causes so many issues for others, it’s terrible.

I babysat my niece today and we had a great time. She’s so fun, 18 months is my most favorite age!!!

I hope everyone has a great Friday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter