June 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread - New Season, New Start

C13A8821-A33C-4329-998C-49333D5B63E6.jpeg
Morning everyone!!

I have never been in a cruise and I’m not sure if I am open to it or not-only because of motion sickness. My entire family becomes motion sick- DH and DD are the absolute most extreme but we all get it to some degree. Motion sickness issues aside-we would all LOVE to go on one!!

This is a 4 day weekend for me as Monday is a federal holiday 🎉

Yesterday DD and I went shopping for updated summer items for her…it was a long long day but she did well and she’s overjoyed with every she found so that is good!

I’m about to be out the door here to walk at the SPCA then assisting with a dog walking class in the afternoon. Should be lots of steps-let’s see what my total ends up being!

DH is taking his dad out for the day then tomorrow we are going to church and attending the Father’s Day picnic afterwards, should be a good time!!

Everyone enjoy your Saturday!

1687013328802.png

As mentioned, I've never done a cruise before because they just didn't interest me. But I'm really looking forward to this one as something new and different to try. Not sure if I'll ever do it again, but a river cruise somewhere in Europe is intriguing.

Got a ton done yesterday and I'm down to washing/vacuuming the car and getting the deer fencing in. I'll tackle both this morning, so will have the rest of the day to get in a good long walk and chill... perfect way to officially kick off vacation. Oh, and a little bit more weight was off the scale this morning, 191.6... so so close to goal. I'm very happy with that.

I'm so sorry I haven't been around at all.

When we returned from the Cape, I had to hit the ground running to prepare for graduation and all of the end of the year paperwork. I had done so much before leaving, and even though I only took 3 personal days, you would have thought I was gone a lot longer. On Monday, we had our final grad rehearsal, and EVERYTHING went wrong. I kept reminding myself that a terrible dress rehearsal usually results in a great show. Nevertheless, I didn't sleep well all week including last night while my brain processed my successful reunion with my beach BFF, my workload, graduation, my principal's last week, preparing my room for the summer, plus baking a birthday cake and decorating the house for DH's birthday yesterday.

Graduation went so well and was worth every bit of work I put into it. When I taught PreK, I had 18 graduates, but now that I am the head Kindergarten teacher, I am in charge of 100 kindergartners' performance, and the entire production.😳 Successful graduation down, I still had so much to do, and everyone was breathing down my back making demands instead of just letting me DO MY JOB. Everyone else had 3 or 4 students return after graduation, but I had 11 students to attend to while I finished up all of my work. In the end, as of 2:30 yesterday afternoon, I was done. SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!!!

I made a pina colada cake for DH on Thursday, and needless to say, I haven't eaten well since I arrived in Cape Cod on the 7th. 10 days of bad eating. I'm afraid to step on the scale. After his birthday celebration and Father's Day are over on Monday, I need to get back on track. I have 9 weeks to focus on myself and my well being. IMG_1318.jpeg

IMG_1324.jpeg

A Mediterranean Cruise isn't on my bucket list, but I wouldn't turn it down if someone else was paying for it. Italy and Greece are beautiful, and I'm sure it would be a wonderful experience. The year after I got married, DH and I took a cruise on the Gota Canal in Sweden where my father's family is from. It was a glorious experience and a perfect way to experience Sweden's culture and it's beautiful countryside. I would definitely do the cruise again with my DD. I love Europe, and I would like to return one day, but first, I want to go to Hawaii. Disney keeps dropping lower on my travel priority list, but I know that we will go again one day when I have grandchildren. Until then, there's so many other places for me to explore, especially places with beaches.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry I haven't been around at all.

When we returned from the Cape, I had to hit the ground running to prepare for graduation and all of the end of the year paperwork. I had done so much before leaving, and even though I only took 3 personal days, you would have thought I was gone a lot longer. On Monday, we had our final grad rehearsal, and EVERYTHING went wrong. I kept reminding myself that a terrible dress rehearsal usually results in a great show. Nevertheless, I didn't sleep well all week including last night while my brain processed my successful reunion with my beach BFF, my workload, graduation, my principal's last week, preparing my room for the summer, plus baking a birthday cake and decorating the house for DH's birthday yesterday.

Graduation went so well and was worth every bit of work I put into it. When I taught PreK, I had 18 graduates, but now that I am the head Kindergarten teacher, I am in charge of 100 kindergartners' performance, and the entire production.😳 Successful graduation down, I still had so much to do, and everyone was breathing down my back making demands instead of just letting me DO MY JOB. Everyone else had 3 or 4 students return after graduation, but I had 11 students to attend to while I finished up all of my work. In the end, as of 2:30 yesterday afternoon, I was done. SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!!!

I made a pina colada cake for DH on Thursday, and needless to say, I haven't eaten well since I arrived in Cape Cod on the 7th. 10 days of bad eating. I'm afraid to step on the scale. After his birthday celebration and Father's Day are over on Monday, I need to get back on track. I have 9 weeks to focus on myself and my well being. View attachment 768416
Glad to see you again… was thinking you must be swamped with end of school stuff, happy to hear graduation went so well.

1687049736788.png

I got River Cruise. I've never been on a river cruise and I'd love to try one some day!

DH and I love cruises, but I completely understand why they aren't for everyone. We are getting ready to take our first Alaskan cruise (I think the week after @Oneanne), but it will be our 18th overall. Since our kids are all out of high school, we've upped our cruise game and have gone on a spring, summer and fall one since sailing began again after covid. The deals were so good at the beginning. The great deals are starting to dry up, so we may have to slow them down a bit, but we have an October and Feb/Mar one already booked and paid for, so we'll have to see after tha. They've all been Caribbean cruises except one we took in Hawaii. I love unpacking one time and waking up in new places every day! The kids always loved them too - we all just felt like there was always something for everyone!

Today my self care is to take a vacation! Last night we watched Princess and the Frog, as I hadn't seen it and felt like we should know the backstory to the restaurant. We also watched a bunch of YouTube video's from people who have done the Alaska cruise on the Wonder. So looking forward to this.

And woohoo of all woohoos... the scale displayed 190.0 this morning! I got on twice just to make sure because I couldn't believe what I was seeing, I guess all that running around getting things done yesterday really helped to burn calories.

We leave for the ferry in just over an hour, stopping at Starbuck's for breakfast and picking up some bug spray on the way. I'll be offline for the next week (woohoo!) and will check in when I get back.

Today my self care is to take a vacation! Last night we watched Princess and the Frog, as I hadn't seen it and felt like we should know the backstory to the restaurant. We also watched a bunch of YouTube video's from people who have done the Alaska cruise on the Wonder. So looking forward to this.

And woohoo of all woohoos... the scale displayed 190.0 this morning! I got on twice just to make sure because I couldn't believe what I was seeing, I guess all that running around getting things done yesterday really helped to burn calories.

We leave for the ferry in just over an hour, stopping at Starbuck's for breakfast and picking up some bug spray on the way. I'll be offline for the next week (woohoo!) and will check in when I get back.
party:

No self care happening today. I had to work at 6 and what should have taken an hour to complete is still going. Ugh. And DD is having a potty training regression which sucks.
Plus side I am home working and not in my office. Small victories.
But working all day has kept my mind from thinking too much about the first father's day without my dad....so....silver lining?

My self care today from the list was limiting screen time and (planning) a vacation! All the kids were home for Father's Day. We ate lunch at my mom's and talked about our trip next week that we are all going on. We were all going to go out to eat, but DH wasn't feeling well, so we ordered from Subway and brought it home instead. Had a pretty good laid back day!

I love it when we're all together, we have so many laughs! I hope it always stays that way!

Good Morning Happy Monday!!

@Summer2018 Congrats on another school year completed, you are the best!

@Oneanne enjoy your cruise I am so excited to hear about it!!

Saturday was great for volunteering, did several things outside of my “normal duties” and “comfort zones” and I was feeling pretty good about all of it. Got 4.9 miles and 12k steps in that day just during my volunteering!

Yesterday was fantastic, I think I enjoyed the day just as much as my husband. DS1 surprised him by coming to church and staying for the Father’s Day picnic after. Then all the kids came back here with their dogs and we had a dog party in the backyard-so hubs got to see all the kids and his grand dogs yesterday ☺️

Today I am off and DD has a youth group outing to a water park all day so after I drop her off I am going to volunteer for a bit then get groceries.

Motivation for this week-staying on track and getting my watch rings closed everyday!!!

No self care happening today. I had to work at 6 and what should have taken an hour to complete is still going. Ugh. And DD is having a potty training regression which sucks.
But working all day has kept my mind from thinking too much about the first father's day without my dad....so....silver lining?
:hug:

Monday Motivation

View attachment 769127

What is motivating you to do something today that you'll thank yourself for later?

I like that quote! This isn't the food or fitness kind of health-related, but it does effect my mood, so I'm going to say it counts: I plan to do some floor cleaning today - vacuuming, mopping, getting the dustbuster into tight spots...It's the kind of cleaning that feels like a big production number to me (so I make excuses to put it off) but isn't actually difficult after I start, so I will definitely thank myself tomorrow!.

Monday Motivation

View attachment 769127

What is motivating you to do something today that you'll thank yourself for later?
I am motivated by summer itself...this is my opportunity to really focus on myself without the usual work stress and time restraints. Let's not forget that last summer I was bombarded by obnoxious, needy, and messy construction morons who took over my house in order to gut my upstairs bathroom forcing me to sleep on my living room couch all summer. During the pandemic, DD did school online and wasn't working, so she was always around which I loved. When she started working again, she always had one or two days during the week home that we would spend together. Now she has only weekends off, so Monday-Friday, I'm on my own. It's sad, but she and I had a good run...25 years!!! Most parents get 17 if they are lucky. One day, I will probably be watching my future Grandkids over the summer, and of course the day that DH retires is LOOMING...God help me. So this summer is actually quite precious. I cannot waste it on being lazy and gaining or even maintaining my weight. I need to make some REAL PROGRESS. This will be the SUMMER OF ME!!!

SUMMER OF ME AGENDA:
1. Find a good YouTube chair Yoga routine and do it Monday-Friday
2. Walk on Treadmill Monday-Friday
3. Eat healthy daily except for special occasions and during trip to Cape Cod
4. Work on a house project for an hour or two daily
5. Read books for pleasure (the easiest on the list since I inhale books all year long)

6. Make plans to see at least one of my friends once a week

:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter