First "Home" stay - VGC - June 2024

ClaraOswald

DIS Veteran
We don't go on our trip until next month but I'm just so excited and wanted to start my thread now.

This will be our 2nd time staying at the Grand Californian and our first time in the Villas. We'll be in a studio villa for 6 nights. We have 5-day park hoppers. We'll be driving so it's a fairly long trip, overall. Here's what it will look like....

Saturday 6/15 - Drive 550 miles to the Denver area.
Sunday 6/16 - Drive 570 miles to Cedar City, Utah.
Monday 6/17 *our 18th wedding anniversary* - Drive 430 miles to the Grand Californian.

Once we arrive, we'll get checked into the hotel. Then we'll do our usual Target run for bottled water and snacks.

We'll be in the parks Tuesday 6/18 - Saturday 6/22. We have park reservations at Disneyland on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday and DCA on Wednesday/Friday. But we'll park hop a lot, I'm sure. We aren't going to the Pride events that occur on our dates. But we'll probably try to wear some LGBTQ shirts or something those days for fun anyway.

Sunday 6/23 - Drive 550 miles to Richfield, Utah
Monday 6/24 - Drive 545 miles to Fort Morgan, Colorado
Tuesday 6/25 - Drive 460 miles home

We did this same route for our trip in June 2022. Though we took an extra day on the way there last time so we could stop at some museums and parks. But this time we likely won't stop nearly as much. Just bathroom and meal breaks. If our son (he's 10 and autistic) gets too antsy, we'll try to find some parks for brief stops.

(Hopefully we don't catch Covid on this trip like we did in 2022!)

My husband does all of the driving and I'm just a passenger princess, relaxing and eating my little snacks. So I'm really looking forward to it. I plan to do a lot of Instagram posts and stories throughout the trip so that's always fun. Well, for me, anyway. Probably bores my few followers to tears since a lot of them aren't Disney people. Most of them don't even know we're DVCers because some are already a bit judgmental about how often we travel to Disney parks. But I'm not going to let them ruin my fun! (If anyone wants to follow along, just let me know.)

This trip will mark 20 years since my very first visit to Disneyland. In June 2004, my husband and I were newly dating and lived 1500 miles away from each other at the time. I made my first trip to California for a visit. We did 1 day at Disneyland and 1 day at California Adventure. I didn't have a digital camera at the time so I have very few photos (and the quality is just crappy but maybe I'll scan them or just take some pictures of the pictures to share.)

As I mentioned above, our wedding anniversary is also the day we arrive. We don't have anything planned to celebrate at all. I wish we could swing by our wedding chapel for fun but I doubt we'll get around to it. But it's such a cute chapel. I took this last time we visited (June 2017.)

chapel1.jpg

We have no dining reservations so we'll just do what we always do, which is eat at quick service places. We haven't talked about what we'll do for breakfast yet. When we stayed at the Grand Californian (hotel side) in 2023, we ate at Craftsman Grill every morning. I suspect we may do that again, even though eating cereal or something in the room would be quicker and cheaper. But we'll see, I guess.

That's all for now! We leave in 38 days!

I'm excited just reading your pre-post and I'm not even going, haha!

We still haven't made it to DL (I'm hoping we can swing an AUL and DL combo next year) so I'll be here for all of your details!

And Happy Anniversary!

We don't go on our trip until next month but I'm just so excited and wanted to start my thread now.

This will be our 2nd time staying at the Grand Californian and our first time in the Villas. We'll be in a studio villa for 6 nights. We have 5-day park hoppers. We'll be driving so it's a fairly long trip, overall. Here's what it will look like....

Saturday 6/15 - Drive 550 miles to the Denver area.
Sunday 6/16 - Drive 570 miles to Cedar City, Utah.
Monday 6/17 *our 18th wedding anniversary* - Drive 430 miles to the Grand Californian.

Once we arrive, we'll get checked into the hotel. Then we'll do our usual Target run for bottled water and snacks.

We'll be in the parks Tuesday 6/18 - Saturday 6/22. We have park reservations at Disneyland on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday and DCA on Wednesday/Friday. But we'll park hop a lot, I'm sure. We aren't going to the Pride events that occur on our dates. But we'll probably try to wear some LGBTQ shirts or something those days for fun anyway.

Sunday 6/23 - Drive 550 miles to Richfield, Utah
Monday 6/24 - Drive 545 miles to Fort Morgan, Colorado
Tuesday 6/25 - Drive 460 miles home

We did this same route for our trip in June 2022. Though we took an extra day on the way there last time so we could stop at some museums and parks. But this time we likely won't stop nearly as much. Just bathroom and meal breaks. If our son (he's 10 and autistic) gets too antsy, we'll try to find some parks for brief stops.

(Hopefully we don't catch Covid on this trip like we did in 2022!)

My husband does all of the driving and I'm just a passenger princess, relaxing and eating my little snacks. So I'm really looking forward to it. I plan to do a lot of Instagram posts and stories throughout the trip so that's always fun. Well, for me, anyway. Probably bores my few followers to tears since a lot of them aren't Disney people. Most of them don't even know we're DVCers because some are already a bit judgmental about how often we travel to Disney parks. But I'm not going to let them ruin my fun! (If anyone wants to follow along, just let me know.)

This trip will mark 20 years since my very first visit to Disneyland. In June 2004, my husband and I were newly dating and lived 1500 miles away from each other at the time. I made my first trip to California for a visit. We did 1 day at Disneyland and 1 day at California Adventure. I didn't have a digital camera at the time so I have very few photos (and the quality is just crappy but maybe I'll scan them or just take some pictures of the pictures to share.)

As I mentioned above, our wedding anniversary is also the day we arrive. We don't have anything planned to celebrate at all. I wish we could swing by our wedding chapel for fun but I doubt we'll get around to it. But it's such a cute chapel. I took this last time we visited (June 2017.)

View attachment 857903

We have no dining reservations so we'll just do what we always do, which is eat at quick service places. We haven't talked about what we'll do for breakfast yet. When we stayed at the Grand Californian (hotel side) in 2023, we ate at Craftsman Grill every morning. I suspect we may do that again, even though eating cereal or something in the room would be quicker and cheaper. But we'll see, I guess.

That's all for now! We leave in 38 days!
This sounds like a great trip!
Maybe you two can just re-write your own vows to each other and recite them somewhere cool when you arrive :)

Hope you have a great time at VGC. It's the most magical resort in the system (IMO).

I think you will also love that entrance into DCA. The VGC wing of the Grand Cal is so close to that :) I've even been known to run down with my boy and grab a few corn dogs for the room because it's so close.....

When we stayed at the Grand Californian last year, we were on the far west side of the DVC wing in one of the regular rooms. At the time, I didn't know about the 2nd DCA entrance....so I'm excited to use it this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter