4 Planned FastPass+ Test Happening Now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Disney isn't considering changing the number of prebooked FPs based on anticipated crowds. Isn't the system already complicated enough to understand? Just keep the number constant, whatever it winds up being, and go with it year-round.

I actually wouldn't have trouble with them doing so, as long as the times are well known in advance. I can also see where this might be advantageous to Disney if they wish to increase crowds at a particular time. ie: book for Jan get 5 fp's, summer 3 etc. I have far more difficulty with what they're doing now, that is, extras but only for those who book last minute.
I have to be honest though Im looking at this purely from our own perspective. We've decided to only do our fp's and 1 more attraction per day because of what we've seen with fp+ .I've booked us in this manner for our May trip. If we can get a further fp or 2 for the trip I'd prefer that.

Last edited:
I actually wouldn't have trouble with them doing so, as long as the times are well known in advance. I can also see where this might be advantageous to Disney if they wish to increase crowds at a particular time. ie: book for Jan get 5 fp's, summer 3 etc. I have far more difficulty with what they're doing now, that is, extras but only for those who book last minute.
I have to be honest though Im looking at this purely from our own perspective. We've decided to only do our fp's and 1 more per day because of what we've seen with fp+ .I've booked us in this manner for our May trip. If we can get a further fp or 2 for the trip I'd prefer that.

I see your point and considered it, but in my opinion Disney doesn't have the best track record regarding planning ahead as much as they like their guests to. ;)

Last edited:
I'm glad I was able to help all of you get a chuckle or "LOL", but the truth is if I didn't ask someone else would have. Call me crazy, but I don't believe everything I read and especially if it's something like "I just got word", "I heard", or "the bus driver said". I asked--politely--where you "just got word" from because you didn't include it the first time. I don't lap up every posted rumor as if it were instant fact, and I have a particular interest in knowing the current state of FP as well as I can.
I can relate to your cautiousness. I remember when the 7DMT caught on fire and some of the posts made it sound like the ride had burnt to the ground.

New to this forum and honestly surprised by some of the posts. I would think most would be a little upset if this happened as they were headed into the World.

Not willing to try the mock rebooking I am afraid may loss everything.

I might give an update to how it goes on Monday.

Peace out

New to this forum and honestly surprised by some of the posts. I would think most would be a little upset if this happened as they were headed into the World.

Peace out

:welcome: to the DIS Chitownpeeps91!

Best of luck with it. I understand your hesitation.

Peace out
It is a very narcissistic point of view. When I go to WDW, a ride can close suddenly or a ride under refurbishment might open back up early the day after we leave. Heck, 7DMT opened for previews the day after my visit a while back - the day after. I was disappointed, but I didn't feel victimized. I don't log onto the Dis to tell the world that WDW didn't think of ME when they made these decisions.

I guess I just keep remembering that Disney is always open - every day of the year - except for weather related closings. At some point, they need to close attractions for rehab, and to try new stuff...how else could they do it except by "live testing"? they can only do so much "in the lab" kinds of testing before they have to see if it works for real situations. If it doesn't work, then back to the drawing board, but they don't close....and everytime they do take something off line, or something goes dark, SOMEONE'S (many SOMEONES') vacations is going to be affected....

There is more to Disney than rides....try the water parks, try some of the "around the world" EPCOT games, try the monorail hotel lounges, try your hotel pool, try some water activities, try some horse backriding, try some golf, try some fishing, try a backstage tour, try Downtown Disney, try something ELSE if your day is affected by the rides or FP+ availability....

Any new info?

From OTPN:

Bonus FastPass+ Entitlement to Be Available Today
Monday, March 30, 2015 | Posted by OTPN Administrator

In order to help Guests make the most of their Walt Disney World Resort visit during the upcoming peak period, a bonus FastPass+ entitlement will be granted to Guests making selections for Monday, March 30. This "surprise and delight" entitlement for a pre-selected attraction will only be granted to Guests visiting Magic Kingdom Park, Disney's Hollywood Studios, or Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park. The bonus FastPass+ entitlement is modifiable.

Here is a screenshot showing what Guests will seen when making their FastPass+ selections today:

WboR407.png

Guests who have already made FastPass+ selections and have not received the bonus may be issued a non-standard entitlement for one of the following attractions within the same park the Guest is visiting:

Magic Kingdom Park
-"it's a small world"
-Mickey's PhilharMagic
-Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
-Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid

Disney's Hollywood Studios
-Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage
-Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
-Star Tours - The Adventure Continue

Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
-It's Tough to be a Bug!

Guests are eligible for additional FastPass+ selections (more than four) only after they have redeemed the FP+ set and the bonus, or after the arrival windows for all unredeemed selections have passed.

Wait times look crazy high today but maybe that is normal for this week.

I did a quick comparison to the Monday before Good Friday/Easter last year (4/14/14) using Touring Plans and the wait times this year are higher. Shifting spring break dates make an true comparison difficult though.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who is in one of the 3 parks today, and who made FP+ selections in advance, if and how they received this bonus entitlement. Did they get a message telling them that a new FP has been added to their MDE accounts, or did they have to request it somewhere?

On the surface this seems like the functional equivalent of letting you get your 4th FP through your phone instead of going to a kiosk since the bonus one can be changed to something else.

Sounds to me like a no lose proposition. It may not be a huge benefit depending on FP+ availability on some of the busiest days of the year. But it beats having to go to a kiosk to see what's available.

As is often the case on these boards, I read this thread and came to the conclusion that I'll have to wait until I book our FPs next week to see what's true and what's not :)

From OTPN:

Bonus FastPass+ Entitlement to Be Available Today
Monday, March 30, 2015 | Posted by OTPN Administrator

In order to help Guests make the most of their Walt Disney World Resort visit during the upcoming peak period, a bonus FastPass+ entitlement will be granted to Guests making selections for Monday, March 30. This "surprise and delight" entitlement for a pre-selected attraction will only be granted to Guests visiting Magic Kingdom Park, Disney's Hollywood Studios, or Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park. The bonus FastPass+ entitlement is modifiable.

Here is a screenshot showing what Guests will seen when making their FastPass+ selections today:

WboR407.png

Guests who have already made FastPass+ selections and have not received the bonus may be issued a non-standard entitlement for one of the following attractions within the same park the Guest is visiting:

Magic Kingdom Park
-"it's a small world"
-Mickey's PhilharMagic
-Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
-Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid

Disney's Hollywood Studios
-Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage
-Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
-Star Tours - The Adventure Continue

Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
-It's Tough to be a Bug!

Guests are eligible for additional FastPass+ selections (more than four) only after they have redeemed the FP+ set and the bonus, or after the arrival windows for all unredeemed selections have passed.

Those choices kind of stink; however, you can always try to modify it.

I did a quick comparison to the Monday before Good Friday/Easter last year (4/14/14) using Touring Plans and the wait times this year are higher. Shifting spring break dates make an true comparison difficult though.

That's interesting. I know it's not an exact comparison of dates but the dates of Easter are relatively close.

Indeed, it's like when the old Fastpass system would spit out a "bonus" Fastpass to Mickey's Philharmagic.

At first, yes, but with the surprise FP that was all you got. With this you can change that FP to anything that's available, and that might include something much more desirable, like POC, HM, or one of the mountains.

That's interesting. I know it's not an exact comparison of dates but the dates of Easter are relatively close.

I think there is a big difference between Easter being on April 20, like it was last year, and having Easter on April 5 like it is this year.

When Easter is as late as it was last year, a lot of schools have their spring breaks in mid to late March and early April instead of waiting until Easter. When Easter is earlier, more schools will build their spring breaks around it. Even some state universities around here are having their breaks this week, which is later than usual.

I am not surprised that it is significantly more crowded today than it was the Monday before Easter last year. But, I would also suspect that it will be a lot less crowded on Monday, April 13 and Monday, April 20 than it was on the second and third Mondays in April last year.

Touring Plans predicted a crowd level 10 for the MK today; there aren't that many of those in a year.

Indeed, it's like when the old Fastpass system would spit out a "bonus" Fastpass to Mickey's Philharmagic.

Does anyone know if you can change the 4th? I remember with the bonus FP during early testing you could change it after, but it tried to give you something first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter