4 Planned FastPass+ Test Happening Now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep the more FPs they allow people to prebook the closer they move to an all-reservation system. Whether official or not, the spots have to come from somewhere (standby).
Of course that is their plan and I forget where I had read it, that is what they plan eventually

Every time Disney does any kind of test with FP+, it always comes up that it must be some precursor to an all reservation ride system. I still remember when they did testing at TSMM a few months back and all the hysteria that surrounded that- it surely had to be they were going to an all reservation ride system!! But they weren't and we have nothing to say they are now. There's simply no factual basis to support it and it's pure conjecture.

I'm not surprised that Disney adding availability of reserving additional fp+'s can somehow be turned into a negative, but I'm pleased to see them add it and hope the testing goes well and they make it permanent.

Every time Disney does any kind of test with FP+, it always comes up that it must be some precursor to an all reservation ride system. I still remember when they did testing at TSMM a few months back and all the hysteria that surrounded that- it surely had to be they were going to an all reservation ride system!! But they weren't and we have nothing to say they are now. There's simply no factual basis to support it and it's pure conjecture.

I'm not surprised that Disney adding availability of reserving additional fp+'s can somehow be turned into a negative, but I'm pleased to see them add it and hope the testing goes well and they make it permanent.

That's because every test HAS been something closer to an all reservation ride system. That's what they actually TESTED at TSMM. Seriously, stop with the absolute blind defense of all things Disney. Unless you think moving closer to an all reservation ride system is good. Which, btw, adding a 4th pre-booked FP is a step toward. There is only one place those rides can come from, SB spots. Meaning, fewer SB slots, more pre-booked reserved rides. Therefore, closer to an all reserved ride system.

Will it ever go that far, truly everything pre-booked ? I hope not, I don't think it would ... but its moving in that direction. Even the change to FP+ was a step in that direction.

From what I understand, for those that have FPs already scheduled over the next few days, it is just showing up in MDX. They aren't doing anything special.

Thanks. Nothing's showing up 'extra' for me either on the phone app or on MDE (I guess that's the same as MDX) for our trip in late April, so I guess I'm just out of luck. Oh well, never thought I'd get to WDW in the first place so I'm not going to complain. Life is pretty good as it is.

No matter what changes happen, whether it's some kind of testing of different ways of doing things, or roll-out of a new "something", there will be folks who will be happy, and folks who will be furious - seems that there's no middle ground.

I, for one, would love to see more FP+ available, but it's not the end of the world if we can't ride 7 dwarfs over and over. But then, even though we can only get there every few years, we always stay onsite, and sometimes, we don't even make the rides our priority... :scared:....shocking, I know, but there is so much more to being there than just the rides, that we always find we have a wonderful time just experiencing all there is to see and do.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but that's my two cents...

Thanks. Nothing's showing up 'extra' for me either on the phone app or on MDE (I guess that's the same as MDX) for our trip in late April, so I guess I'm just out of luck. Oh well, never thought I'd get to WDW in the first place so I'm not going to complain. Life is pretty good as it is.

You arent in the testing window so there is nothing to look for. Unless you are walking into a park today, tomorrow, tuesday or wednesday, this test doesnt apply.

I had to manually go thriugh and rebook my FPs for this week to get the extra one. It doesnt cancel your already made ones until you pick a set from what is offered. But it does allow you to repick the ones you already have booked even though you havent yet officially cancelled them. I went all the way through for thursday to see if it had extended to thursday and since I was only offered 3, I just clicked cancel and none of my thursday FPs were changed.

... There is only one place those rides can come from, SB spots. Meaning, fewer SB slots, more pre-booked reserved rides. Therefore, closer to an all reserved ride system.

Will it ever go that far, truly everything pre-booked ? I hope not, I don't think it would ... but its moving in that direction. Even the change to FP+ was a step in that direction.

I think that is a fallacy, in that, those rides could come from the pool of FP+ rides that are still unreserved as well as ones that have been cancelled.

I think that is a fallacy, in that, those rides could come from the pool of FP+ rides that are still unreserved as well as ones that have been cancelled.

You are increasing the TOTAL allotment of FPs. So if there were 50 000 people in the park ... with 3 potential booked FPs, that's 150 000 prebooked rides. INcreased that to 4 FPs, and you now need 200 000 pre booked ride slots.

This is not a fallacy, this is math.

Now its true, on any given day that doesn't mean the capacity is used. But on any given day you still more toward pre-booked reservation system.

If only 25 000 people show up, you used to have 75 000 pre booked rides you now need 100 000 ... still closer to a 100% pre reserved ride system.

As long as overall ride capacity does not go up, insofar as more slots are assigned to pre-booked reservations, you move closer to a 100% pre-booked ride reservation system.

Folks it is time to cool it. Posts that do not remain respectful will be removed from this thread.

It's logical that more prebooked FP+ means less available for standby or even FP+ day of but it would really depend on usage. For example, if people book three at AK and only use one like we did then those other two are still in the standby pool at least.

I'm still cautiously optimistic. I'm not a fan of FP+ but it's here and we might as well get as much benefit from it as possible. I won't ever go for an all-reservation system though. That level of planning literally makes my skin crawl.

When we were part of the Magic Band testing back in August of 2013, we were given a surprise FastPass once you picked your 3 attractions. The surprise FastPass at the time was POC.

I love people who demand a "source" like this is some sort of covert CIA operation LOL

Thanks so much for this info. This is fantastic news!!!!!

This made me chuckle!

I'm glad I was able to help all of you get a chuckle or "LOL", but the truth is if I didn't ask someone else would have. Call me crazy, but I don't believe everything I read and especially if it's something like "I just got word", "I heard", or "the bus driver said". I asked--politely--where you "just got word" from because you didn't include it the first time. I don't lap up every posted rumor as if it were instant fact, and I have a particular interest in knowing the current state of FP as well as I can.

From what I understand, for those that have FPs already scheduled over the next few days, it is just showing up in MDX. They aren't doing anything special.
I have 3 FP scheduled for Monday. Nothing is just showing up?

That's basically worthless. By the time you hop to a 2nd park almost nothing worth getting will be left. There MIGHT be some decent B rides at MK that could save you 20 minutes or so. What we really need is the ability to book the initial FPs at any give park.

But was it any better under legacy FP? I mean, if you hopped to Epcot at 2:00, did you have any shot at a Soarin' or TT FP?

I hope this becomes a permanent feature. I used to get an average of 4 FP per park ore FPP so this would put me back to where I was only better as I won't be criss crossing the park as the FP runner! I've used legacy FP for four trips and FPP for two trips. Now I'm getting used to it I like FPP better. It took me a while to work it out to best advantage though.

Here's what I can confirm:

I'm an AP holder so I can book for any day whether I'll be at WDW or not. We're coming down on Wednesday.

I went into FP+ through disneyworld.com (via Safari on a Mac).
I choose tomorrow (3/30)
I selected the first three attractions (Small world, Buzz, Thunder)
The next screen is the one with 4 options (A-D with different times) and on this screen I had 4 FP listed. Philharmagic was the 4th FP that was added.

I did the same thing for 3/31 and again I had a 4th FP added (but I don't recall which it was).

I did not try for 4/1 because I already have FP+ scheduled for my trip. I did try to "update your FP+" but I only had my original 3 listed. There was no bonus 4th FP.

We are leaving on Monday 4/6. So I tried to add FP+s for Tuesday 4/7. I selected three rides and when I went to the next screen with the 4 time options (A-D) there was not a bonus 4th FP. There were only the three I had chosen.

The Force will be with you....always.

I'm glad I was able to help all of you get a chuckle or "LOL", but the truth is if I didn't ask someone else would have. Call me crazy, but I don't believe everything I read and especially if it's something like "I just got word", "I heard", or "the bus driver said". I asked--politely--where you "just got word" from because you didn't include it the first time. I don't lap up every posted rumor as if it were instant fact, and I have a particular interest in knowing the current state of FP as well as I can.

I was going to ask until I read your post ... very first thing that came to mind. Before judgements about if this was good or bad .... first: what's the source ... is the information accurate.

Here now and want to try this for studios tomorrow. Will I lose my 3 currently scheduled fastpasses if I try for a 4th?
TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter