4 Planned FastPass+ Test Happening Now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how that magical fourth FP+ would really help all that much. There just isn't much to go for in a park like Epcot..

I suppose it could save one 15-20 minutes in a kiosk line for an attraction with a 10 minute SB line.

Just like Paper FPs weren't going away ? Because they said nothing about that.

Just like pre-booking wouldn't be extended to offsite guests ? Because they said nothing about that.

Just like they wouldn't expand this to more than 3 FPs ? because they said nothing about that.

Just like everything else when people speculated about they were told, by the Pixie Dust Crew, "That will never happen, Disney wouldn't do that, they haven't said anything about that" etc etc.

It would be quite simple I'd imagine to "freeze" one bonus FP. Great way to spread the crowds out further, and maximize the capacity of under utilized rides at under utilized times.

Back before this new reality rolled, out, there was a lot of talk about Disney using "bonus" FPs to "surprise and delight" guests. Supposedly the system would see a lull on POTC (which is where this scenario goes crazy because there aren't any more lulls!) then issue "surprise and delight" FPs to a number of guests in the area to move them over there. The supposition was that it would be for that ride only as it was designed to redistribute guests according to Disney's current needs.

It would be quite simple I'd imagine to "freeze" one bonus FP. Great way to spread the crowds out further, and maximize the capacity of under utilized rides at under utilized times.

Very insightful. Looking at wait times during the busiest of times there are still under-utilized attractions as evidenced by their chronically low SB wait times. WDW needs to divert demand to those attractions, and if giving guests the option to choose them as part of their 3 FP's doesn't do it, then "assigning" them will.

As far as possibly not extending to non resort guests, I think that is a good thing. Disney should offer more incentives for resort guests.

There's a little revisionist history going on here. The way I recall it, some of the most vocal opponents of FP+ were the ones saying that Disney would never expand prebooking to offsite guests or allow more than 3 FPs while others were saying that changes to the FP+ system were inevitable as it evolved and they got more experience with it.

There's a little revisionist history going on here. The way I recall it, some of the most vocal opponents of FP+ were the ones saying that Disney would never expand prebooking to offsite guests or allow more than 3 FPs while others were saying that changes to the FP+ system were inevitable as it evolved and they got more experience with it.

Incorrect.

It was indeed those in favour of FP+ who were looking at this as an onsite advantage and when those who were worried about the impact of Pre-booked FPs on wait times and availabilities etc, they were told there was no reason to think FPs would be extended to offsite guests. All part of the myth that "FP-" wasn't going away either.

Its possible that someone who didn't like the idea of FP+ also thought it wouldn't be extended, these two aren't mutually exclusive. But indeed the proponents of FP+ also argued in response to the concerns of others there was no reason to think this would be an offsite thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter