4 Planned FastPass+ Test Happening Now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, earlier this month Disney scheduled a Space Mountain refurb for April, well after many of us had made FastPass reservations. Here's the thread about it.

Thus the "generally" ... its pretty bogus to announce a major refurb on short notice. They also did so for Pirates I think. This really isn't cool to the customer.

Thus the "generally" ... its pretty bogus to announce a major refurb on short notice. They also did so for Pirates I think. This really isn't cool to the customer.

I think I would rather have them take an attraction off line and fix it, rather than it continually breaking down. FP+ or SB - people are going to be disappointed if the thing is constantly stopping, or dark...sucks big time for those who are expecting to ride it, but Disney and life are not always "fair".....

I think I would rather have them take an attraction off line and fix it, rather than it continually breaking down. FP+ or SB - people are going to be disappointed if the thing is constantly stopping, or dark...sucks big time for those who are expecting to ride it, but Disney and life are not always "fair".....

I don't think that's what this debate is about. It is about planning ahead more than a couple of months or so. An attraction should never get to the point where it is "continually breaking down", a little forethought is usually all that's needed to prevent both frequent breakdowns and last-minute refurbs.

I don't want to rehash all the old arguments, but no one in that 14 page thread said that Space Mountain was/is currently going off line a lot. Lots of theories (some crazier than others) as to why they're scheduling a refurb with what appears to be surprisingly short notice, but no hard data.

I don't think that's what the debate is about. It is about planning ahead more than a couple of months or so. The ride should never get to the point where it is "continually breaking down", a little forethought is usually all that's needed to prevent both frequent breakdowns and last-minute refurbs.

Mesaboy2, I agree that is what is SHOULD be...but the last several times I've been there (and granted I don't go that often) either POC or Splash or something else have either had an unplanned "down", or have been up and down all day (week)...my point is, "stuff" happens, and we all need to take a deep breath and move on so the "stuff" doesn't mess with our minds!

Mesaboy2, I agree that is what is SHOULD be...but the last several times I've been there (and granted I don't go that often) either POC or Splash or something else have either had an unplanned "down", or have been up and down all day (week)...my point is, "stuff" happens, and we all need to take a deep breath and move on so the "stuff" doesn't mess with our minds!

Then I would expect Disney to be equally accommodating if my plans change just before my trip. Stuff happens. ;)

Then I would expect Disney to be equally accommodating if my plans change just before my trip. Stuff happens. ;)
Yes...I agree. That would be nice, but it like saying that the IRS should pay YOU interest and penalties if they screw up, the way they expect US to pay interest and penalties if WE screw up... LOL

That's my problem. We, as guests, are expected to make ADR's 6 months out and FP+ reservations 30-60 days out so why isn't Disney holding itself to the same standard? The Space Mountain planned closure was not an emergency, so why did they schedule it to occur when people already had FP's booked? Same with this test. Why didn't they plan it for 60 days out?

I feel that Disney ignores their guest satisfaction. Perfect example: Universal implemented a new rule that banned all bottled water from entering their parks. Consequently, there were a lot of complaints about the new policy. 2-3 weeks later Universal rescinded the policy. I just don't see Disney reacting to complaints as quickly as Universal, and it's disappointing.

Within reason, they do. You can change your fp+ selections anytime. You can choose an on site reservation that allows you to cancel the entire trip with 5 days notice and pay no penalty. You can cancel ADR's without penalty within 24 hours. This particular refurb was made public many weeks before anyone would arrive. The additional fp+ is available to anyone and I really don't see how that's a change that is negative. I doubt this would cause anyone to say- nope, wouldn't have gone had I known they were doing that.

And it's quite often that businesses make requirements of us that they don't demand of themselves. I make an appt with my Dr and he takes an hour to see me. I should get paid for my time, but I don't. Then again, if I'm more than 15 minutes late I get charged for the appointment and they won't see me that day. Of course I could choose another Dr, but then I could choose another vacation destination too.

Universal implemented a new rule that banned all bottled water from entering their parks. Consequently, there were a lot of complaints about the new policy. 2-3 weeks later Universal rescinded the policy.

Universal said from the beginning it wasn't permanent. Most people believe it was implemented due to guests sneaking in booze during Mardi Gras parties. I don't believe they rescinded the policy due to guest complaints.

Within reason, they do. You can change your fp+ selections anytime. You can choose an on site reservation that allows you to cancel the entire trip with 5 days notice and pay no penalty. You can cancel ADR's without penalty within 24 hours. This particular refurb was made public many weeks before anyone would arrive. The additional fp+ is available to anyone and I really don't see how that's a change that is negative. I doubt this would cause anyone to say- nope, wouldn't have gone had I known they were doing that.
Except that several people in the linked thread, which you certainly read and posted to, said they would have gotten MK fastpasses on a different day if they knew SM would be closed that day. By the time the news came out, the best MK fastpasses were already gone for any other days that were available to us and many other posters. For us, the choices were - stick with that day and our existing A&E & SDMT FPs, adding on basically pointless replacement & additional FPs for Peter Pan & BTMRR, or change MK to another day and not have FPs for SDMT & A&E at all. Both of those are inferior to my original plan of one MK day with SM, SDMT, and A&E fastpasses. Absolutely a negative change.

Except that several people in the linked thread, which you certainly read and posted to, said they would have gotten MK fastpasses on a different day if they knew SM would be closed that day. By the time the news came out, the best MK fastpasses were already gone for any other days that were available to us and many other posters. For us, the choices were - stick with that day and our existing A&E & SDMT FPs, adding on basically pointless replacement & additional FPs for Peter Pan & BTMRR, or change MK to another day and not have FPs for SDMT & A&E at all. Both of those are inferior to my original plan of one MK day with SM, SDMT, and A&E fastpasses. Absolutely a negative change.

I don't want to re-hash an old subject. It's unfortunate you were inconvenienced.

Didn't read through all pages but is there a way to add the 4th without losing your current 3?

Leave Thursday and have all my FP but if I can prebook the 4 th now that would've great. Don't want to lose what I have though

Thx

Didn't read through all pages but is there a way to add the 4th without losing your current 3?

Leave Thursday and have all my FP but if I can prebook the 4 th now that would've great. Don't want to lose what I have though

Thx
Reports have been that the test is only running through Wednesday. But to get the 4th via the app, yes, you need to rebook. You can see what's available for Thursday without losing your existing FPs by using the modify option instead of cancel....you won't lose your existing choices until you confirm the new ones.

Universal said from the beginning it wasn't permanent. Most people believe it was implemented due to guests sneaking in booze during Mardi Gras parties. I don't believe they rescinded the policy due to guest complaints.
Originally the no bottled water was implemented for the Mardi Gras celebration. The celebration continues through April 18th, so why wasn't the liquid ban continued until it's conclusion? Because Universal listens to their guests! They knew their guests were unhappy, so they rescinded the policy.

Originally the no bottled water was implemented for the Mardi Gras celebration. The celebration continues through April 18th, so why wasn't the liquid ban continued until it's conclusion? Because Universal listens to their guests! They knew their guests were unhappy, so they rescinded the policy.

Actually, you have no idea why they implemented that ridiculous policy and why they ended it. You can believe it's because they listen to the majority of their guests, just as I believe Disney listens to the majority of their guests. But neither of us have facts to back it up- just our personal experiences.

I feel that Disney ignores their guest satisfaction. Perfect example: Universal implemented a new rule that banned all bottled water from entering their parks. Consequently, there were a lot of complaints about the new policy. 2-3 weeks later Universal rescinded the policy. I just don't see Disney reacting to complaints as quickly as Universal, and it's disappointing.

Isn't that exactly what happened when Disney tried to do the Soarin FP+ only test? Weren't they inundated with complaints that they pulled out of the test just hours later?

Isn't that exactly what happened when Disney tried to do the Soarin FP+ only test? Weren't they inundated with complaints that they pulled out of the test just hours later?

I believe that was the assumption. It's not often that businesses will admit they cave to customer pressure, but they all do at one time or another.

I believe that was the assumption. It's not often that businesses will admit they cave to customer pressure, but they all do at one time or another.
If that were true Why did the FP only test go on for so long on Toy Story?

I can only guess- and that guess would be because they needed to. But we're getting a bit far afield of the subject of the additional fp+ being issued so rather not continue discussing a test Disney ran months ago.

On the additional FP+. for now it would seem it's not really a test at all but more of a way to reduce lines at the kiosk during a very crowded time. Question is, will this become something they do often during busy times. I sure hope so! Hopefully we'll get some reports from those that are actually there as to what, if any effect it's having.

Sorry, I think I misspoke earlier. Weren't the Soarin and TSMM two completely different tests. The Soarin test wasn't announced in advance and still allowed SB up until a point and then issued return times for SB. While the TSMM test was announced in advance and didn't have a SB queue at all?

Not sure how you can compare the two. It seems like they learned from their Soarin mistakes to make the necessary TSMM test go smoother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter