VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I am ar the annual DVC meeting now. The only new info on our Lodge:
The cabins will sleep 8
The restaurant will be table service
There will be a community hall.
There will be BBQ pavilions .

Laura

Table service eh? I'm pretty surprised by that. So Roaring Fork survives as the QS?

I guess the building in the view is the new community hall?
I think those are the new restrooms, showers and perhaps lockers. (If Trout Pass is removed, lockers will go from there).
Seems to me the community hall will be the building down the other end of the pool from this.

I think those are the new restrooms, showers and perhaps lockers. (If Trout Pass is removed, lockers will go from there).
Seems to me the community hall will be the building down the other end of the pool from this.

Showers & restrooms would explain all the sanitary sewer piping and the water with pressure control station.

I wonder why they would have showers? I have noticed anyone use the pull chain operators at any other pools!

The other building is smaller though, isn't it? But big enough for a community hall?

Just listened to the presentation on the construction and they said there will also be sports courts added.

Jimmy, it was so nice to see you and your family. Glad Paul is enjoying everything.

Was able to meet up with Granny at the Merry Mixer for a while today, had a good chat with them also.

Now if I can just catch a glimpse of DDad and Di before we catch the bus tomorrow. . . .

Just listened to the presentation on the construction and they said there will also be sports courts added.
Really? I don't recall seeing anything in the original plans that would have indicated such, not that a tweaking of said plans couldn't make it happen. From my perspective, that would seem like an odd choice and waste of space. Few people seem to bother with sports courts at the couple of deluxes where we've noticed them. And laying down asphalt isn't a cheap option. Stay tuned, I guess.

Have a wonderful BHG Meet!!! Remember. . . . .PICTURES!

Jimmy, it was so nice to see you and your family. Glad Paul is enjoying everything.

Was able to meet up with Granny at the Merry Mixer for a while today, had a good chat with them also.

Now if I can just catch a glimpse of DDad and Di before we catch the bus tomorrow. . . .
Safe travels today to you and Kati! Glad you and Granny could catch up with each other.

The other building is smaller though, isn't it? But big enough for a community hall?

Since the cabins sleep 8 they are sounding like a similar design as the bungalows. So maybe they need a pump house too like the one at PVB.
I am thinking that the Community Hall is replacing the Cub's Den which has been closed since construction started.

I am so bummed, as I have a really hard time trying to navigate getting my photos from I phone to photo bucket so I can share pics here. Tammy is busy with work so i don't want to bother her, and I am tech challenged.

Yesterday we went to AK and had a great time. We did TTBAB, FOTLK, met Pochantas, ate at FTBBQ(got to say, a bit disappointing this time), rode DINO, met up with my nephew and his DW, rode KS(had the hyenas out, plus it was so cool, the cats were way more active than I had ever seen, (Cheetahs were up and moving a lot), then we hit Everest twice and wrapped up day watching the new Tree awakenings, really cool effects. Finished off the night at ESPN. Tears, our Mich. relocated to Clermont FL friend joined us for the day. Even though she spent most of her life in MI, near the lake effects of winter, she still felt cold in sunny FL as it was quite cold and breezy yesterday:D

Today, its our 1st day at MK. We were going to ride Splash Mt but its way too cold for that so we changed FP times, and we are good to go. Headed to Kona for lunch, then be at MK by 2, hanging around till Wishes.

Got to say, hitting the parks with young folks, very rough on this old guys knees and calfs:crutches:

Hi Groupies! Still having a devil of a time with this laptop crashing websites all the time. Should have packed a small sledgehammer in my Owners Locker! :crazy2:

In any event, before this crashes again, here's a picture of Princess Kati, TwoKats and Granny from our mini-meet yesterday.

Mini2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2304.JPG
    IMG_2304.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2305.JPG
    IMG_2305.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 10

The boat and bike rental needed more space from what I understand. Glad they took this opportunity to add onto it.

WD, what in the world is your second pic of? The way the scaffolding loops around, it almost looks as though they're creating a second geyser, which would be awesome and might make up for some of the lost trees. Somehow I doubt that though. Hope there's an unrevealed good surprise in store.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter