VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Bobbi, love the photos! I believe I saw those same sights last night too. Always a great place to be. Its time for me to be back home, its time for me to be Lodge bound:love:

Hey guys... remember me??? :wave2: I keep in touch on Facebook, but it's been probably about 3 years since I have actually been on the Disboards. :scared1: Scanning through the thread, I am remembering all the names like it was yesterday though!

My husband and I are planning a trip back to our beloved VWL next year and as I was scouring the internet trying to get construction updates, I figured why not come back to the source and check in on everyone in the process!
Welcome back, stranger!! You know the saying, "Once a Groupie, always a Groupie!" Glad you could drop by and hope you will make it more of a habit going forward. If you've scanned the last, ohhhh, 5 dozen pages, then you're likely caught up on the construction aspects at our home. If not, here's a short refresher:
1) We will never call our "home" Boulder Ridge Villas except with sarcasm.
2) "Hey, bring back the topiaries!" (DVC Mickey made it at least. . .)
3) "They're not bungalows; they're 'cabins.' "
4) Zero entry. Not zero entry. Zero entry. Not zero entry. Zero entry. Not zero entry. . . . .Zero entry.
5) "What do a quarry, boulders, and a jarring, geometric patterned pool have to do with the Northwest, woodsy theme?"
6) Table service. Quick service. Signature. Quick service. Quick service. Quick serv--wait, Table service?
7) Spicy BBQ pavilions. pirate:
8) Chimneys!?
9) Studios, 1BRs, 2BRs, and reportedly, GVs. . .
10) Yellow? Let's hope not.

That about does it. Again, welcome back. . .home.

I have a knack(or curse depending on how you see it)for seeing celebs at WDW. 2 days this week I have seen the actor William H. Macey and his wife(sorry can't remember her stage name)who played Lynette in Desperate Housewives(my wife forced me into watching it, we will leave it right there)and a lady who is on The Chew. So anyways, tonight as we were moseying up the trail from our beloved Villas back to the main Lodge, I ran into some Real Celebrities. Granny and Mrs. Granny and DiznyDad and DiznyDi!! Now that made my day:-)

Was it Carla or Daphne? I tend to see celebrities too. Usually at my favorite place. Crews Cup Lounge. ::yes:: I'm a bit of a celebrity there myself. Ok maybe celebrity is the wrong word. Someone that goes there probably too often & all the bartenders know. :laughing: I walk in the bartenders yell out Julie's here! then they pour me my usual wine. :thumbsup2 Kind of like Norm! but at Disney instead of Cheers. Come to think of it I tend to sit in the same spot every time too. :laughing: I have to go to Florida to find a place everyone knows my name. ::yes::

Hey guys... remember me??? :wave2: I keep in touch on Facebook, but it's been probably about 3 years since I have actually been on the Disboards. :scared1: Scanning through the thread, I am remembering all the names like it was yesterday though!

My husband and I are planning a trip back to our beloved VWL next year and as I was scouring the internet trying to get construction updates, I figured why not come back to the source and check in on everyone in the process!

Well hello there my friend! Nice to see you here again.

Love the BHGM picture! So wish I could have been there. Maybe next time.

One week from today or as Di would say 7 more sleeps! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

One and 1/2 more sleeps!

Big storm coming in tonight though and huge winds predicted when we are supposed to take off. I'm never very fond of airplanes going sideways. :eek:

Okay, here's a shot of some of the BHGM attendees. Unfortunately, we were a little slow to get the camera out before WildernessDad and company, and TCRAIG & company departed. So add in about 7 more people that showed up in total.

View attachment 210029

Back row, Jimmy, Jimmy's DSIL , Jimmy's DS, Granny, DiznyDad, Corinne's DH
Front row: TammyNC, Jimmy's DD, Mrs. Granny, Bobbiwoz, DiznyDi, Corinne

I apologize for any misspelling or misidentifications. I tried to stick to screen names and relation identifiers since I didn't tell the innocent bystanders that they would be getting pushed out on the interwebs. If anyone wants to me edit to add actual names just let me know.

What a treat to spend such an enjoyable evening with everyone. Not surprisingly, the time flew by and many of us stayed to watch Wishes. Lots of fun and always great to meet Groupies in person. Thanks everyone, and a special thanks to their families for allowing the Groupies to make the time to attend the meet. :)
Sorry I missed it by 2 days. Maybe someday!

We moved to the 2-br dedicated and still have a construction view. I'll post more pics when I return home. We've moved our flight home earlier due to threat of snow and ice.

Yesterday, we had a great day at MK! Much more manageable crowds. Its amazing how much you can accomplish with a plan but wow it is taxing on the ol body:crazy: We did FP on Splash, SDMR and HM. We were able to fit many more attractions in along with these, snacked a bit(BTW, the Pot Roast Mac n Cheese is really tasty at Friars Nook, thanks Lou Mongello for the tip)and ate meal of day at LTT. Its been awhile, but it did not disappoint. Today, we are at HS again, then catch Candlelight Processional before calling it a day.

Yesterday, we had a great day at MK! Much more manageable crowds. Its amazing how much you can accomplish with a plan but wow it is taxing on the ol body:crazy: We did FP on Splash, SDMR and HM. We were able to fit many more attractions in along with these, snacked a bit(BTW, the Pot Roast Mac n Cheese is really tasty at Friars Nook, thanks Lou Mongello for the tip)and ate meal of day at LTT. Its been awhile, but it did not disappoint. Today, we are at HS again, then catch Candlelight Processional before calling it a day.

I hear you Jimmy - I'm trying to figure out when I can rest during our trip - the youngsters are go getters (like I used to be, and still wish to be, but wow!) and I think we may have to do some early starts with the expected crowds as we have a newbie who needs to see things! I'm already exhausted!! :rotfl:

Jimmy - do you guys do a dining package for the processional or go standby?

I think the scaffolding is for the rock wall being constructed around Boulder Ridge Cove. If you look at the artist drawing released by Disney, the scaffolding is right where part of the rock wall will be:

BRV%20Pool%20Photo_zpsaoivhf1k.jpg
Pardon me if this has been addressed already, but it looks as if there are cabanas in this photo. Anyone know about that?

So to add to the celeb sightings, Chris Matthews ( I think I called him Tim the other day), and Meredith Veira were both staying at the BC, and having breakfast in the lounge on two different days this week.

We are back home in Antarctica errrr Massachusetts. We actually booked the same time next year before we left! Woo!

So to add to the celeb sightings, Chris Matthews ( I think I called him Tim the other day), and Meredith Veira were both staying at the BC, and having breakfast in the lounge on two different days this week.

We are back home in Antarctica errrr Massachusetts. We actually booked the same time next year before we left! Woo!

Were you in club level at BC Corinne? First time? What did you think? I've tried all 3 Epcot club levels now. I think BC has the nicest lounge. It's certainly the largest. Food is the same across all of them. I liked my room the best at BWI. YC is my favorite non DVC Epcot resort though. Just a calmer more serene atmosphere there & a closer walk to Crews Cup Lounge. :laughing: Funny I've seen some celebrities at Disney but never while staying on the club level.

What a great night spent with Groupies! I finally had the pleasure of meeting bobbiwoz! Tcraig and hubs found their way to TOWL and joined in the festivities. To re-acquaint with JT and family, Corinne, and WildernessDad and family was a joy. Loved meeting JT's SIL and spending time in conversation with him and his beautiful bride. So special.....

We're off to Animal Kingdom this morning and will end with dinner at Sanaa.

Hey rusafee, nice to see you here again!
So excited to meet everyone! Truly the highlight of our trip - this really is the friendliest bunch around - looking forward to seeing everyone again in May!

I have an anytime fastpass good at the Studios (excludes TSM) for 5 guests that expires 12/31/16.

If anyone can use it, PM me and I will get in the mail.

Laura

Was it Carla or Daphne? I tend to see celebrities too. Usually at my favorite place. Crews Cup Lounge. ::yes:: I'm a bit of a celebrity there myself. Ok maybe celebrity is the wrong word. Someone that goes there probably too often & all the bartenders know. :laughing: I walk in the bartenders yell out Julie's here! then they pour me my usual wine. :thumbsup2 Kind of like Norm! but at Disney instead of Cheers. Come to think of it I tend to sit in the same spot every time too. :laughing: I have to go to Florida to find a place everyone knows my name. ::yes::

Sorry it took me so long to reply :confused3
Tammy says it was Carla. She had shades on and her hair up but it was her. We were shoulder to shoulder so I got a very good look at her. Had it been from a distance, never would have a had a clue, she did a very good job of disguise::yes::
As for being recognized, we get that too. Once we were at Tune In Lounge at 50s and the lady working behind the bar says "hey, I know you guys"! We go in for shakes when we don't have a ressie and drinks from time to time. So it makes us feel a bit special that they see these thousands of people each year, and they remember us

I hear you Jimmy - I'm trying to figure out when I can rest during our trip - the youngsters are go getters (like I used to be, and still wish to be, but wow!) and I think we may have to do some early starts with the expected crowds as we have a newbie who needs to see things! I'm already exhausted!! :rotfl:

Jimmy - do you guys do a dining package for the processional or go standby?
Last night we winged it, and we were able to snag a spot about 15 mins before showtime just left of a taped off area that is just left of a small building that is in from t=of American Adventure building. Great spot for seeing and hearing. But I have to say, after being on our feet since 10:30 am, it was tough. The line for Package folks was crazy long. They almost completely filled the place. There may have been 3-4 rows left at back that standby folks filled. If you don't want to stand, Package is my advice. It will be my go too from this point forward because my feet the whole time were screaming at my brain like this:furious: :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter