VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

WD, what in the world is your second pic of? The way the scaffolding loops around, it almost looks as though they're creating a second geyser, which would be awesome and might make up for some of the lost trees. Somehow I doubt that though. Hope there's an unrevealed good surprise in store.
I think the scaffolding is for the rock wall being constructed around Boulder Ridge Cove. If you look at the artist drawing released by Disney, the scaffolding is right where part of the rock wall will be:

BRV%20Pool%20Photo_zpsaoivhf1k.jpg

I think the scaffolding is for the rock wall being constructed around Boulder Ridge Cove. If you look at the artist drawing released by Disney, the scaffolding is right where part of the rock wall will be:

BRV%20Pool%20Photo_zpsaoivhf1k.jpg
Ah, yes. The angle of the picture threw me off. I thought we were looking at it from the side. Rats.
Still hoping there are unrevealed surprises. I hate it when they give everything away.

Really? I don't recall seeing anything in the original plans that would have indicated such, not that a tweaking of said plans couldn't make it happen. From my perspective, that would seem like an odd choice and waste of space. Few people seem to bother with sports courts at the couple of deluxes where we've noticed them. And laying down asphalt isn't a cheap option. Stay tuned, I guess.

Have a wonderful BHG Meet!!! Remember. . . . .PICTURES!

I rewound and listened again because I too was surprised. But I'm also not certain where the BBQ pavillion is going either? I actually have seen people using the sports courts at both AKV and VGF so it does happen now and then.

I have a knack(or curse depending on how you see it)for seeing celebs at WDW. 2 days this week I have seen the actor William H. Macey and his wife(sorry can't remember her stage name)who played Lynette in Desperate Housewives(my wife forced me into watching it, we will leave it right there)and a lady who is on The Chew. So anyways, tonight as we were moseying up the trail from our beloved Villas back to the main Lodge, I ran into some Real Celebrities. Granny and Mrs. Granny and DiznyDad and DiznyDi!! Now that made my day:-)

I have a knack(or curse depending on how you see it)for seeing celebs at WDW. 2 days this week I have seen the actor William H. Macey and his wife(sorry can't remember her stage name)who played Lynette in Desperate Housewives(my wife forced me into watching it, we will leave it right there)and a lady who is on The Chew. So anyways, tonight as we were moseying up the trail from our beloved Villas back to the main Lodge, I ran into some Real Celebrities. Granny and Mrs. Granny and DiznyDad and DiznyDi!! Now that made my day:-)
Very cool! Especially the Grannys and Diznys sightings! By the way, it's Felicity Huffman. Never saw her in DH, but she was in one of my favorite, short-lived shows--SPORTS NIGHT.

Jimmy, we always see celebs too! We've seen many over the years.....Tim Matthews is here at the BC, (or his doppelgänger) was in the club lounge earlier. I'm hoping to run into Robby Benson, :love: he was fantastic tonight as the Candlelight Processional narrator. We're having a wonderful vacation, the weather has been great, really looking forward to the BHGM tomorrow night! :yay:

And we were so happy to run into Jimmy, Tammy and the gang tonight out on the covered walkway outside of WL. It was one of those very fun moments as we broke into the guys huddle and the ladies huddle. Don't know what the ladies were talking about...most likely bragging about us guys, don't you think! :duck:

Looking forward to the BHGM tomorrow night...and happy to see the participants checking in here!

Jimmy, we always see celebs too! We've seen many over the years.....Tim Matthews is here at the BC, (or his doppelgänger) was in the club lounge earlier. I'm hoping to run into Robby Benson, :love: he was fantastic tonight as the Candlelight Processional narrator. We're having a wonderful vacation, the weather has been great, really looking forward to the BHGM tomorrow night! :yay:
Very cool you see Celebs too, my family half the time brushes me off as I just see people. I think its a thing about certain facial features that jumps out for me, then I recognize them. Heck, just yesterday I saw our head football coach from my HS days(graduated 1983)at Epcot. Haven't seen him since 83, so I think for me, i recognize those features on a face that my family passes off as Im just crazy o_O

Hey guys... remember me??? :wave2: I keep in touch on Facebook, but it's been probably about 3 years since I have actually been on the Disboards. :scared1: Scanning through the thread, I am remembering all the names like it was yesterday though!

My husband and I are planning a trip back to our beloved VWL next year and as I was scouring the internet trying to get construction updates, I figured why not come back to the source and check in on everyone in the process!

Okay, here's a shot of some of the BHGM attendees. Unfortunately, we were a little slow to get the camera out before WildernessDad and company, and TCRAIG & company departed. So add in about 7 more people that showed up in total.

Groupies 12-12-16.jpg

Back row, Jimmy, Jimmy's DSIL , Jimmy's DS, Granny, DiznyDad, Corinne's DH
Front row: TammyNC, Jimmy's DD, Mrs. Granny, Bobbiwoz, DiznyDi, Corinne

I apologize for any misspelling or misidentifications. I tried to stick to screen names and relation identifiers since I didn't tell the innocent bystanders that they would be getting pushed out on the interwebs. If anyone wants to me edit to add actual names just let me know.

What a treat to spend such an enjoyable evening with everyone. Not surprisingly, the time flew by and many of us stayed to watch Wishes. Lots of fun and always great to meet Groupies in person. Thanks everyone, and a special thanks to their families for allowing the Groupies to make the time to attend the meet. :)

Yeah!! It was a great meet, and I look forward to others! Thank you all!

As I walked around the WL area last night, I took this picture.
The area will always be my favorite at WDW.

image.jpeg

This was too large, and I had to modify it, but you get the idea.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
What a great night spent with Groupies! I finally had the pleasure of meeting bobbiwoz! Tcraig and hubs found their way to TOWL and joined in the festivities. To re-acquaint with JT and family, Corinne, and WildernessDad and family was a joy. Loved meeting JT's SIL and spending time in conversation with him and his beautiful bride. So special.....

We're off to Animal Kingdom this morning and will end with dinner at Sanaa.

Hey rusafee, nice to see you here again!

What a great night spent with Groupies! I finally had the pleasure of meeting bobbiwoz! Tcraig and hubs found their way to TOWL and joined in the festivities. To re-acquaint with JT and family, Corinne, and WildernessDad and family was a joy. Loved meeting JT's SIL and spending time in conversation with him and his beautiful bride. So special.....

We're off to Animal Kingdom this morning and will end with dinner at Sanaa.

Hey rusafee, nice to see you here again!
I will be at AK today too!

Great time at the BHGM!! It was great to meet bobbiwoz and TCraig and her DH and to reunite with old friends Di, Dad, Granny and Mrs., Corinne and DH and WildernessDad and Jesse. Not sure how I missed WDs wife, and we sure missed not being able to spend more time with you folks. Hopefully next time we can navigate to the groupie meet earlier and spend more time with all.

Granny, thanks for the great shot! The young lady who took the pic sure knew what she was doing and made us all look 10 yrs younger IMO :-)

One more celeb sighting, Mandy Patinkin. Saw him in Sweet Spells shop yesterday as we went in he was headed out. Mainly remember him from his days on Chicago Hope...saw a bunch of celebs last night that excited me even more, Groupies at the BHGM:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter