VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I am ar the annual DVC meeting now. The only new info on our Lodge:
The cabins will sleep 8
The restaurant will be table service
There will be a community hall.
There will be BBQ pavilionsauce.

Laura
I hope its spicy and has a bit of a kick to it!

LOL...corrected.

Thanks for posting (although I still hope they have spicy BBQ sauce at the new resort)!

Did you notice that at the start of the meeting Ken Potrock said he was looking forward to the "launch of a spectacular property in 2017?" It looks more and more like Copper Creek will be open and doing business by this time next year, if not sooner.

The cabins will sleep 8
There will be BBQ pavilions .

Laura

Thank you for the news Laura. The barbecue with picnic table pavilions will be a most welcome addition by many families. Community hall is a hit or miss with folk, but having had kids just the right age for it, I'm so glad they're adding one. Nothing like occupying the kids on a rainy day by coloring and creating buttons. :)

The cabins will sleep 8
There will be BBQ pavilions .

Laura

Laura...this is a very nice report straight from the source!

So the cabins will be 2BR after all.

I had heard a rumor that they will be 2BR lock-off villas. Now that makes sense given the multiple entry doors that @sleepydog25 has pointed out.

Laura...this is a very nice report straight from the source!

So the cabins will be 2BR after all.

I had heard a rumor that they will be 2BR lock-off villas. Now that makes sense given the multiple entry doors that @sleepydog25 has pointed out.

I still seriously hope that it isn't "sleeps 8" like the Poly bungalows. A king bed, 3 in the second bedroom and 3 in the living room.

They also said the resort will have villas that will sleep up to 12 guests. But since they specifically said the cabins sleep 8, the lodge must be getting grand villas.

Those of you arriving soon, prepare yourself for a lack of holiday decorations as you approach the lodge. The only thing they have up at the entrance are lighted garlands around the medallions overhead. BWV was the same way, they had nothing. Poly was done up beautifully, lots of garlands on the rafters and planters of poinsettias. I wonder if those resorts under exterior refurb, just does not get much. Sure hope it is only for this year.

Laura

They also said the resort will have villas that will sleep up to 12 guests. But since they specifically said the cabins sleep 8, the lodge must be getting grand villas.

Those of you arriving soon, prepare yourself for a lack of holiday decorations as you approach the lodge. The only thing they have up at the entrance are lighted garlands around the medallions overhead. BWV was the same way, they had nothing. Poly was done up beautifully, lots of garlands on the rafters and planters of poinsettias. I wonder if those resorts under exterior refurb, just does not get much. Sure hope it is only for this year.

Laura

Thanks for the report Laura. I was just going to follow up to ask if they gave any info on the new CC units but you've answered my question. If there will be units that sleep 12 that means it won't be an all studio resort. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Thank goodness. Not that I really have plans to stay on the new side. I prefer the original, never to be duplicated, quiet side, but glad to know a 1 BR is at least an option.

Less than 24 hours until take-off. Although we will hit the sack early tonight, I doubt DiznyDi will get any real sleep . . then the alarm will sound off - - M . .I . .C; K . .E . .Y; M.O.U.S.E. Now tell the truth; the music was playing in your head when you read that, huh? :music:

And speaking of Magic Bands, I was glad to see the new design allows you to use the RFID medallion as a key fob. I cut a band down right after they came out and attached it on a key ring. I had lots of comments from CMs about it. I just didn't like the plastic band on my wrist. I don't wear a watch, so having to put up with something on my wrist was the second blow to the band idea for me. So glad they are going to make the change!

Laura

That is so sad about the decorations. Isn't the construction the best reason of all to give a little extra?!

It's just another thing I totally don't understand. Disney used to wow with decorations - way above and beyond most. Now as many places really up their decorating Disney is removing. Are they trying to see how far back they can fall before people decide it isn't different enough? Have they already started hitting that and is why they had lowered attendance and needed to offer things like 13 month AP's and specially priced 4 day tickets? Last year I think I spent the most time at the Dolphin looking at their decorations. And the Swan had a great display made out of chocolate. I think I read that VGF doesn't have anything more than a tree in their lobby and the garland that I remember and enjoyed a few years ago that was hung in the walkway going over to GF is not up this year. We're at the Poly so I guess we picked the spot this year although WL/VWL lobbies always wow just from their design. Sad they aren't getting all the Christmas love though.

And speaking of Magic Bands, I was glad to see the new design allows you to use the RFID medallion as a key fob. I cut a band down right after they came out and attached it on a key ring. I had lots of comments from CMs about it. I just didn't like the plastic band on my wrist. I don't wear a watch, so having to put up with something on my wrist was the second blow to the band idea for me. So glad they are going to make the change!

Nice idea DDad! Maybe Mickey was watching you and decided the idea was too good to pass up!

Hey Folks! We arrived at BWV around noon yesterday, headed to Epcot, got APs and TIW card,got to the UK, RnC pub for refreshment:drinking1, pics with Mary Poppins and got room ready text, back to room to get settled in, back to Epcot, rode Spaceship Earth(DSIL Paul walked underneath in amazement with the gaze in his eyes, I think he is hooked:banana:), FP for Soarin(for those who have yet to experienced the new version, amazing IMO, way better than the 1st version)and Living with Land, Biergarten(oh so tasty) and a few other in and outs at WS. But the big surprise of the day...a mini meet with twokats! We met Kathy and Kati before Illuminations near UK at the bridge, got to chat before and after the show and it was so great seeing them. After hearing Kathys take on the the construction around the Lodge, and esp. the colors, feeling a little more at ease to see for myself.

Granny, sounds like you folks and twokats are in same wing of VWL, she has a pool view(or lack thereof). Hope y'all can catch up! They are otw home tomorrow

Laura, thanks for the great report, a bit excited about a community hall. Really hope for a pool table, Captain D and I like to mess around with seeing who can keep the eight ball on the table:goodvibes

I have pics on my phone and excited that I can now download iPhone photos to my mac(why did I not know this) so hope to post soon. For those who know me via FB, our daughter has tagged me with a few shots from yesterday. Anyone who wants to friend me via FB, please PM me, would love to make the connection!

Laura

According to CM's, Christmas decorations at all of the resorts had their budget cut. A couple of years ago they cut back and many of the people installing the decorations were outside contractors.

Okay, all you BHGMers, we'll need a) pics; b) reports on decorations, construction, etc.; c) pics; and d) more reports. Some of us couldn't make the trip and will be living vicariously through you. . .just sayin'. . .pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter