Room for ECV at Copper Creek Villa Dlx studio?

nanalisa

DIS Veteran
We have a deluxe studio with walk-in shower reserved at Copper Creek Villas at WL. I've looked at the room through a virtual tour and I don't see a space for my scooter. Is this something I should worry about? Also, can I take a boat to the Magic Kingdom? Seems like I remember there being steps down into the boat. Thanks!

I can't speak to the room, but there are boats that can take you to Magic Kingdom. Not all of them can as some are smaller and require a step down but most of the boats do support ECVs. One thing to note, we found sometimes the boat was not completely level with the dock. They would try what they could to make it level but you might have to get off and push the ECV on or off the boat. Or have someone in your party help with that. It might require lifting the front up a little to get it started. We're just talking a couple inches.

We have stayed at CCV in a studio a number of times. It is one of our favourite resorts.

We have been able to fit an ECV in. If I recall correctly, we put it alongside the bed between the bed and the wall.

We have stayed at CCV in a studio a number of times. It is one of our favourite resorts.

We have been able to fit an ECV in. If I recall correctly, we put it alongside the bed between the bed and the wall.

BTW, I just want to point out that I did NOT put the ECV hyperlink in in my post, Disboards I guess automatically does that ? <is this a thing now, automatically editing people's posts to add links to advertisers without any indication that was done ?>

As for the boat, two types of boat alternate on the run between MK and WL: a small one that CANNOT take an ECV (it is small with not enough space + you MUST step down into it), and a larger boat that almost always CAN take an ECV.

For the larger boat, they have a ramp they will deploy to let you drive on and off. Sometimes the water level in the lake is a little low or high so they will make the passengers on the boat shuffle to one side or the other to compensate so the ramp can be properly deployed and the ECV can safely load/unload. I have found it can be a bit tricky maneouvering because there is limited space, but entirely doable, just have patience and listen to the direction of the crew (also, sometimes they can help).

What we sometimes do is take the bus TO the park and the boat back from the park (or the reverse). The bus to MK from WL is so quick and easy... BUT I ***LOVE** that boat ride. If we decide in a trip we are just going to do the bus, we will go ride the boat back and forth without the ECV just to ride the boat :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter