September 2015 discount watch

yes, you can book ahead, but from what I have seen in the past if we book our trips now it may reduce options for when the free dining promotion comes out. I am trying very very hard to wait for the promos but it's almost killing me. I have flights already booked for 9-19 to 9-26.
This - If you book now and you don't get any promos for the resort in which you booked, you can blame yourself. The discounts apply to resorts short on bookings only.

I was going to say WL if you think your kids will prefer it...especially since it might be your last chance to stay there. Assuming you have one under 3? And did you book with the magical exclusive deal? Let's hope that deal continues for the next few years as well and then you can stay at the Poly! I am dying to stay at WL with our kids...but with #4 expected in June we may not be able to swing it unless we can convince other family to go and get a room so one of ours can stay with them.

Yeah, once I saw the lobby, waterfall, trains, etc. I knew I made the right call. If these magical deals continue *fingers crossed!* we'll try the Poly when we count as five (our youngest will still be under three for our next two trips). Congrats on #4! My husband and I compromised on three. :)

Yeah, once I saw the lobby, waterfall, trains, etc. I knew I made the right call. If these magical deals continue *fingers crossed!* we'll try the Poly when we count as five (our youngest will still be under three for our next two trips). Congrats on #4! My husband and I compromised on three. :)

Wow! 2 more trips before your youngest turns 3...how fun! We just took our first family WDW vacation last September and 2 weeks after returning discovered that #4 was on its way. So if you are only set on 3, stay away from the GF! ;)

I have also been reading a lot about Orbitz discounts...they seem to have really good ones too. But we are still 2.5 years from being able to make it back to WDW!

Wow! 2 more trips before your youngest turns 3...how fun! We just took our first family WDW vacation last September and 2 weeks after returning discovered that #4 was on its way. So if you are only set on 3, stay away from the GF! ;)

I have also been reading a lot about Orbitz discounts...they seem to have really good ones too. But we are still 2.5 years from being able to make it back to WDW!

Ha! We are just planning to do a character meal at GF, so we should be safe. ;)

Our upcoming trips are just short MK/water park visits, because we live a state away and bought a bunch of no expiration tickets. We probably won't do another proper vacation until the new attractions open.

The Orbitz deals I've seen shared here sound fantastic! I'm also looking out for those.

We are planning on Sept 15-20 and hoping for free dining! Deciding between CSR and AKL (if FD frees up some money).

We're going on our first ever disney trip September 26th-October 4th. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for free dining.
Too bad we are gonna miss each other-fellow Bucks fans here! We are going in the middle of September and fingers crossed as well hoping they will announce free dining plan.

I've read what feels like a thousand posts on the subject but still not sure what I should do. I am hoping for free dining. I am really flexible on resorts as I have about as I have about 5 or 6 I'm still strongly considering for my 40th bday trip with my bf. I want to hold off on booking if I can so that more availability comes out for the discount but since my 180 mark for my ADR's is coming up in a week and a half, I'm wondering if I shouldn't wait? Anyone have an opinion? I'm concerned reservations will be hard to get for dining especially once the free dining is released.

Ok - so if I'm looking to go the 3rd week of September -- do I go ahead and book now? So how does it work if they offer any discounts later on? Sorry if this has already been answered! I'm finding that it takes a lot of work to plan a Disney trip!
The issue us that not all rooms are offered in the plans. You would have to cancel and then re-book to see if they have rooms available. They will not apply the deal to an already existing vacation unless the room is part of the packages.

We stayed a All Star Sports last year Sept. 2014, and we looked for a bounce back offer and never did get one. Is there something you need to do to increase the likelihood you will receive an offer.

We stayed a All Star Sports last year Sept. 2014, and we looked for a bounce back offer and never did get one. Is there something you need to do to increase the likelihood you will receive an offer.

I stayed the 3rd week of September 2014. The bounce back offer was available and is listed in the information booklet in your room. You need to call before the end of your vacation and book for the following year for the free dining bounce back.

You don't have to have an offer in your room to book. Just call the number from your room and they will give you the offer and book it!! The extension from the room is 8844.

You don't have to have an offer in your room to book. Just call the number from your room and they will give you the offer and book it!! The extension from the room is 8844.

That is the extesion number in the booklet. Some of us do not have it memorized. Lol. I always have to look in the booklet.

That is the extesion number in the booklet. Some of us do not have it memorized. Lol. I always look in the booklet.

I would assume you could also ask the front desk. Many people do not know that the bounce back is in the booklet. My first return trip I didn't know about it. Stumbled across it reading the booklet in the evening :) I have used it ever since. Love the bounce back offers and I love going in September! :)

Thank you. I would assume the booklet you are talking about is one of the things I am too excited about Disney arrival day to read that they give us when we check in?????

I have done this every year for the past 6 years. I book now and pay for my trip , when free dining is announced [usually May 1st or so] I then call the reservation line and speak to a cast member and tell them I would like the free dining added to my trip. If I had another discount on the package they will inform you that the discount will be removed and the free dining will be applied. There will be a monetary difference I will have to pay [usually a couple hundred bucks] because I originally had a room discount. Which is no problem at all, I would rather have the free dining and not have to worry about money for food. If I do not have a reservation at a participating resort I simply ask them to switch me to the one I can get in on the deal for. I have had no problems doing it this way in 6 years. Not gonna say I never will but so far so good. Hope this helps the previous posters question.

Ok -- more questions!! We are looking at staying at the AoA, however, when I spoke with the lady at Disney today she said that the standard rooms would not be included in an offer if one should become available. Typically, what resorts are included in any discounts? Is it the same deal for free dinning? Are there specific resorts you have to stay at to snag up that offer, if it becomes available?

Hello! We are hoping to go Sept 6-13 or the following week. We will be celebrating our 8th anniversary (we honeymooned in disney) and our daughter's first visit. No idea where we want to stay. Waiting to see what discounts come out... If any... :)

That is the extesion number in the booklet. Some of us do not have it memorized. Lol. I always have to look in the booklet.

I don't have it memorized but have it in my contacts on my cell phone. I also have the direct number in my contacts in case I want to call while laying by the pool, hahahaha 1-407-939-1923. You don't have to call from your room just have to be staying in a Disney resort when you call.

Thank you. I would assume the booklet you are talking about is one of the things I am too excited about Disney arrival day to read that they give us when we check in?????

It's usually laying on the table in your room.

Ok -- more questions!! We are looking at staying at the AoA, however, when I spoke with the lady at Disney today she said that the standard rooms would not be included in an offer if one should become available. Typically, what resorts are included in any discounts? Is it the same deal for free dinning? Are there specific resorts you have to stay at to snag up that offer, if it becomes available?

In the past AOA standard room have been excluded. AOA is very popular and many people pre book. AOA doesn't have very many standard rooms so they go fast. Pre bookings say to Disney you plan on visiting discount or not. If occupancy rates are high Disney has no need to offer discounts to fill empty rooms. The resorts typically offered during a discount promotion are those Disney needs to fill rooms. The excluded ones already meet Disneys expected occupancy for certain dates or room categories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter