September 2015 discount watch

Same here! Booked at WL Sept 12-19 and hoping for the earliest of notice on free dining. Is there any way to sign up for such an alert?

Isn't using the Magical Travel agent discount better than free dining at the Wilderness Lodge? Last August we used the Labor Day deal and they were offering rooms for $169 per night. Don't you have to pay rack rate when getting the free dining?

Isn't using the Magical Travel agent discount better than free dining at the Wilderness Lodge? Last August we used the Labor Day deal and they were offering rooms for $169 per night. Don't you have to pay rack rate when getting the free dining?

It depends on the room type and number of people in your family. Rack rate is $292 standard view. Dining is $60pp. Family of 3 (child 10+) would be $180. So the room would only be $112. So for a standard or woods view the free dining might be a great option.

aarcher--do you know what that time frame is? I'm planning to go late september and hoping for free dining discount. Someone once said nothing could be adjusted 60 days prior to travel date...does that sound right? So basically, I need the free dining promotion to come out late July or sooner in order to apply it to my booking?

If theres a promotion, it will come out most likely in May. They usually give you a little time. I would book a trip so you can get your ADR's booked and then worse case you can change the dates up to 60 days beforehand.

We booked for Sept 19-26 at BC. If FD comes out then we are staying there and happy but if 30% comes out we are most likely doing a split stay with BC and Poly.

If both come out, whichever is least expensive.

I posted this in the Resorts sections as well, but think this may be a better place to ask.... :)

Ok experts, I have a few questions...Looking to book 9/12-9/19/15. I am going to book two rooms for my family, and saw that CBR has a room that sleeps five now. I would love to book two rooms that sleep five for a mod resort price so that my teenagers can spread out. BUT I really was not a fan of the layout the last time we went to CBR in 2007? Is the transportation any better at CBR now? I am leaning more towards two at POP or two at POFQ...and paying the upgrade to regular dining if free dining is offered and we have booked POP. My BIG question is....should free dining be offered again in Sept, will they make me move resorts if I go with POFQ? I have a friend that happened to last year?

ALSO, should I book dining into our package now and hope for free dining, and does that increase my chances of not having to change resorts if I do call back later with a free dining discount?

THANK YOU for listening to my rambling!!!

We booked for Sept 19-26 at BC. If FD comes out then we are staying there and happy but if 30% comes out we are most likely doing a split stay with BC and Poly.

If both come out, whichever is least expensive.

We will be your neighbors! We are going the same days and plan to stay at YC, though we will switch to BC if it ends up cheaper. I love the way the refurb looks.

We will be your neighbors! We are going the same days and plan to stay at YC, though we will switch to BC if it ends up cheaper. I love the way the refurb looks.

Yay! I can't wait for September to come. Lets pray for no rain!!

I posted this in the Resorts sections as well, but think this may be a better place to ask.... :)

Ok experts, I have a few questions...Looking to book 9/12-9/19/15. I am going to book two rooms for my family, and saw that CBR has a room that sleeps five now. I would love to book two rooms that sleep five for a mod resort price so that my teenagers can spread out. BUT I really was not a fan of the layout the last time we went to CBR in 2007? Is the transportation any better at CBR now? I am leaning more towards two at POP or two at POFQ...and paying the upgrade to regular dining if free dining is offered and we have booked POP. My BIG question is....should free dining be offered again in Sept, will they make me move resorts if I go with POFQ? I have a friend that happened to last year?

ALSO, should I book dining into our package now and hope for free dining, and does that increase my chances of not having to change resorts if I do call back later with a free dining discount?

THANK YOU for listening to my rambling!!!

Free dining tends to come out in September so you have a good chance of that.

We went to CBR a few years back and I really disliked it not only for how huge the resort was but also the transportation was terrible having to stop 3 times within the resort and then a couple other resorts too!!

I'd go with pop if I were you but the FD will only be quick service yet you can upgrade if you want. I've never heard of them telling you you have to move in order of getting free dining. I think what might have happened to your friend was that since they only have so many rooms with the dining offer, she might have called too late to tack on that promotion and there weren't any left for her resort so she had the option of moving to another resort to get the FD promotion??
Not sure if that's what you mean.
You don't need to add on the dining plan now. Just need to at least 60 days out I think. You might also want to look into renting points for a cheaper 2 bedroom dvc maybe at animal kingdom . Davids DVC rentals is a good place to look at rental prices.

Good luck!

We're booked 9/3-9/8 and are hoping for a nice AP discount. We're currently booked at POP, but would like to upgrade to POR if the discount is nice. I hope the discounts come out soon. I'm itchin' to crunch some numbers!

party:Going to be booking 9/13 to 9/20. Deciding on resort but probably WL. Very excited.

I'm joining this thread, looking for late September and Free Dinng.

Just to be clear for a few posters here, Free Dining is a package deal and if you have already booked Room-Only in hopes of getting Free Dining you will not be any further ahead because you can't transfer the booking, as they are booked with two separate divisions within Disney. You must book the new package (Free Dining)reservation and then cancel the room-only reservation, and then your deposit must be transferred. And all packages must include some days of park admission, usually two or three days, which is the main difference between room-only and packages.

The second point is that if you already have a package booked and then Free Dining comes out it doesn't mean you have an advantage over new bookers because there are only a set number of rooms available at each resort for each promotion and if you are too late in calling or if your resort isn't included in the promotion you will need to make other arrangements. And it doesn't matter if you have booked with a dining package, if you don't or can't apply the discount you won't get it. As a matter of fact, the number of rooms that Disney sets aside for each promotion depends on the number of rooms already reserved, so if you make a reservation now you may very well be taking one more room out of the pool of rooms that Disney will allow for Free Dining. The percentage of rooms already booked determines how many empty rooms they need to discount and if the resort (frequently Port Orleans French Quarter) is at a certain capacity they won't even include that resort in the promotion at all.

My boyfriend and I just booked today for our second trip! September 19-27 at CSR! So excited! I'm hoping for some discount (free dining would be great!).

My boyfriend and I just booked today for our second trip! September 19-27 at CSR! So excited! I'm hoping for some discount (free dining would be great!).

We are there the same dates! I am really hoping for free dining, too. Though a big room discount would also be great!

Joining in! We're planning on the second week of September, at POFQ or Coronado. We'll be AP holders for the first time, so hoping for some nice discounts!

My first post :) Joining in this thread. The Pope is coming to Philly in Sept and my kids have off a few days, so we're headed to Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter