September 2015 discount watch

Got FD at CBR for our family of 6.. Had it figured pretty closely. I upgraded to Deluxe DP and now owe $35.05 to pay off my trip in full!

Got FD at CBR for our family of 6.. Had it figured pretty closely. I upgraded to Deluxe DP and now owe $35.05 to pay off my trip in full!

VERY nice! I know others aren't fans of Deluxe DP but we love it. If it were in the budget this year we would not hesitate to do so. Enjoy!

Thanks!! I'm not familiar with how it works -- would different rooms be available for the different discounts?

It works the same way as Free Dining, there are only so many rooms available for the discount. There are different room categories available for the discount, depending on resort. We ended up at POFQ (our favorite) with a Garden view. Normally I wouldn't pay for Garden view, but it ended up costing less than a standard view so that worked for us. And we'd rather stay at our preferred hotel than get FD dining, which is why we went with the Room Only discount.

Hope this helps.

It works the same way as Free Dining, there are only so many rooms available for the discount. There are different room categories available for the discount, depending on resort. We ended up at POFQ (our favorite) with a Garden view. Normally I wouldn't pay for Garden view, but it ended up costing less than a standard view so that worked for us. And we'd rather stay at our preferred hotel than get FD dining, which is why we went with the Room Only discount.

Hope this helps.
Yes, thank you!

If anyone here is still interested in FD, it was open this morning for CBR, Pop, and some others. I was able to switch from the room only discount @CBR to FD in late September. Good luck!

Second that. Looked both last night and this morning and POR and Pop were both open. They were both unavailable by 9 a.m. the day FD was announced. Not sure if Disney holds rooms for later or if people change/cancel.

We switched from a room-only discount at POP in a regular room to FD at POP in a Preferred Room. Much happier now. :yay:

Does anyone have any guesses as to when the AP rates for September will be released? It's gotta be pretty soon right? I hope? :wave2:

I'm new to this thread but hubby and I are seriously thinking about a late September/early October stay. We spent 10 days December 2012 at POR and 8 days December 2013 at Disneyland......Food and Wine is in full swing late Sept, right? The free dining is what caught my attention (we upgraded to the Deluxe Dining in 2012). We loved that deluxe dining.

Since we are doing this spur of the moment we're not prepared to do a deluxe resort. Never stayed at Pop Century. Do you guys have any experience with Pop Century? We're empty nesters who really enjoy Disney :)

So between Pop Century and Carribean Beach, which would you choose? No kids, just us two adults (i use that term loosely)......we're having to choose between those two for the free dining during our time end of Sept/begining of Oct.

Last edited:
I'm new to this thread but hubby and I are seriously thinking about a late September/early October stay. We spent 10 days December 2012 at POR and 8 days December 2013 at Disneyland......Food and Wine is in full swing late Sept, right? The free dining is what caught my attention (we upgraded to the Deluxe Dining in 2012). We loved that deluxe dining.

Since we are doing this spur of the moment we're not prepared to do a deluxe resort. Never stayed at Pop Century. Do you guys have any experience with Pop Century? We're empty nesters who really enjoy Disney :)

So between Pop Century and Carribean Beach, which would you choose? No kids, just us two adults (i use that term loosely)......we're having to choose between those two for the free dining during our time end of Sept/begining of Oct.
My vote would be moderate because the beds are bigger. I haven't been to POP in over 5 years so I don't remember much of the stay. Plus I went during flower and garden and coming from the snow of winter.....yikes my allergies lost it on me. So I was sedated on cold meds at sleep time.
But my friend and her husband stayed this January at Pop (just two adults) and they liked POR better.
Also Moderate has the TS dining but POP will only have QS meals so you would have to upgrate two levels at POP if you go with deluxe dining.

Just my thinking it through. Go with the number crunching Personally I don't sleep well on a double bed as my home bed is King, so that is a factor for me. I assume POP has King rooms but mostly double.
Happy deciding. I hope it works out for you.
Oh and not sure when Food and Wine starts but I think you are right that it starts by that point.

Are there any chances more rooms will open for Room Only discount? I seem to recall that they limit the free dining deals to a certain number of rooms, but, do they do that for Room Only discount?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter