Received email about closings at CBR - help!!

We're going for Easter and to celebrate my parents' anniversary. My sister and I are treating them for the weekend and we're basically on a budget at CSR.

Just called. Spoke to Guest Services and was routed to reservations.

Was offered Riverside for $100 more. Normally I'd do it, but 1) we're also going for Christmas. I'm not spending $100 more (when we could grit our teeth and bear it and just do CSR then save the money for Flower & Garden) and 2) I don't believe you should have to pay more for a comparable resort. It should be an even exchange.

I plan to keep trying. I wrote Disney but haven't heard back.

Back in 2009 when CBR was opening up the "Pirate Rooms" we had booked a 9-night trip with my kids looking forward to the brand new Pirate Rooms. Well, the construction fell behind schedule and we were to arrive on a Wednesday. The Sunday before, we received a phone call from Disney Guest Services telling us they did not have any Pirate Rooms and were going to offer us other accommodations. They offered us, at no extra charge, Animal Kingdom Lodge. My wife was at work and so I called her and she was not overly satisfied with that option. So, I called and talked to the same person again and asked if they had anything closer to MK as we would be spending our time mostly there and AKL was so far way etc etc etc. Well, they gave us the POLY for no extra charge! If you ask and are polite, you are going to have a shot at even something more than you wanted. This was also during the "Stay 4 get 3 free" promotion and we also got a $200 Disney Gift Card too. Be persistent and see what you can get.

Personally, I would have made the call before I booked another resort, but I do understand why you hedged your bets. WHen you do call, I suggest that you be honest. Tell the CM that you understood that rooms were booking fast since people were unhappy about the refurb at CBR, and you decided to be proactive, book a room so that there would be one in the inventory for you. I have no idea if the CM will be able to match your rate with CBR now that POR has already been booked, but I do believe it is worth a try. I fully get the concern you had though. I wont stay in a resort under any construction.
Well I chickened out and cancelled the POR reservation until I get some satisfactory outcome over this CBR closures. I have not received any email reply for my request to either be moved to another resort or provided compensation for staying at CBR and prefer to go through the email channel for now, but will be picking up the phone shortly if it takes much longer

Well I chickened out and cancelled the POR reservation until I get some satisfactory outcome over this CBR closures. I have not received any email reply for my request to either be moved to another resort or provided compensation for staying at CBR and prefer to go through the email channel for now, but will be picking up the phone shortly if it takes much longer

I always call. If I want results immediately I have no patience for email. I do think that guest relations are good at responding, but I bet that they are getting a lot of email to go through right now

Is everyone certain there won't be ANY dining at the resort? Haven't the others all set up temporary options when doing construction?

There will be a full service food court setup with seating and A/C, food stations in Jamaica, Aruba and Trinidad South with grab and go items. They only thing that will be non-existant is a Table Service restaurant. The pool bar itself will be down, but there will be a place to get drinks by the pool.

Last edited:
I always call. If I want results immediately I have no patience for email. I do think that guest relations are good at responding, but I bet that they are getting a lot of email to go through right now
I don't readily see the contact phone number. Can someone point me in the right direction please

Back in 2009 when CBR was opening up the "Pirate Rooms" we had booked a 9-night trip with my kids looking forward to the brand new Pirate Rooms. Well, the construction fell behind schedule and we were to arrive on a Wednesday. The Sunday before, we received a phone call from Disney Guest Services telling us they did not have any Pirate Rooms and were going to offer us other accommodations. They offered us, at no extra charge, Animal Kingdom Lodge. My wife was at work and so I called her and she was not overly satisfied with that option. So, I called and talked to the same person again and asked if they had anything closer to MK as we would be spending our time mostly there and AKL was so far way etc etc etc. Well, they gave us the POLY for no extra charge! If you ask and are polite, you are going to have a shot at even something more than you wanted. This was also during the "Stay 4 get 3 free" promotion and we also got a $200 Disney Gift Card too. Be persistent and see what you can get.

WOW.

If I were going to book a "just in case" room, I would put it in another adult's name at the very least.

There will be a full service food court setup with seating and A/C, food stations in Jamaica, Aruba and Trinidad South with grab and go items. They only thing that will be non-existant is a Table Service restaurant. The pool bar itself will be down, but there will be a place to get drinks by the pool.
That's a significant difference from just grab and go. Curious to see what that entails exactly. Sounds like a very reasonable replacement on the surface. Maybe even better to have 3 spread out places to eat instead of 1.

Long story short.

I requested POFQ or POR at no additional cost, but with some circular logic applied, I wasn't eligible unless I paid the extra. Something to do with the deeply discounted rate I was already taking advantage of and it wasn't possible to move over without paying extra.

No worries though, I did manage to get $75/night discount. I know someone else posted that they also got free FPs, but the CM was so pleasant I did not want to push my luck.

So in the end I'm satisfied with the result......Not entirely happy they wouldn't move me for free to POFQ or POR, but overall a decent discount.

Long story short.

I requested POFQ or POR at no additional cost, but with some circular logic applied, I wasn't eligible unless I paid the extra. Something to do with the deeply discounted rate I was already taking advantage of and it wasn't possible to move over without paying extra.

No worries though, I did manage to get $75/night discount. I know someone else posted that they also got free FPs, but the CM was so pleasant I did not want to push my luck.

So in the end I'm satisfied with the result......Not entirely happy they wouldn't move me for free to POFQ or POR, but overall a decent discount.
If you can handle the closures the way they are coming out a $75 credit a night is a great bargain. With what PP has posted about temp food court options it doesn't sound so bad as it did when there appeared to be no food options but for grab and go

We had no TS plans at the resort and most days will be spent in the parks until 7-8pm, so not likely to have used the QS meal options either for dinner. I'm still waiting for DME to be updated to show my new balance.....Then I'll be able to relax.

That's a significant difference from just grab and go. Curious to see what that entails exactly. Sounds like a very reasonable replacement on the surface. Maybe even better to have 3 spread out places to eat instead of 1.

On phone so not in front of me but I believe what they said was breakfast and dinner options at main hub (discussed possibly with food truck or trailer and large temp control tent) then grab & go plus drink dispensing in villages. Probably to keep less folks around construction if that's all they want.

We had no TS plans at the resort and most days will be spent in the parks until 7-8pm, so not likely to have used the QS meal options either for dinner. I'm still waiting for DME to be updated to show my new balance.....Then I'll be able to relax.
DME revised showing my new balance owing..... my savings are near $800, which is almost our food budget for the duration of our trip.....

If you can handle the closures the way they are coming out a $75 credit a night is a great bargain. With what PP has posted about temp food court options it doesn't sound so bad as it did when there appeared to be no food options but for grab and go

You know, that is not a bad deal at all, $75 per night credit would be fine with me if I was booked here. Plus, it sounds like there will be a food court?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter