Received email about closings at CBR - help!!

jfranklyn

DIS Veteran
I just received an email from Disney that a bunch of stuff is going to be closed at CBR when we are there from 4/27-5/2. I am so bummed! The food court, Shutters, the Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post will all be closed. This is a girls weekend and we really planned to take advantage of alot of those areas. Do you think Disney would let us re-book at a different resort? Or are we just stuck with the situation the way it is?

I just received an email from Disney that a bunch of stuff is going to be closed at CBR when we are there from 4/27-5/2. I am so bummed! The food court, Shutters, the Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post will all be closed. This is a girls weekend and we really planned to take advantage of alot of those areas. Do you think Disney would let us re-book at a different resort? Or are we just stuck with the situation the way it is?

Call right away and escalate to guest services if you aren't getting help. Have alternate resorts in mind so you can tell them you'd be willing to move to X, Y or Z resort -- for the same price, of course.

I was moved from WL to AKL during construction without any additional costs -- and this was prior to my arrival.

In your case call now before others do.

I imagine POR and POFQ are about to be full, and at least CSR will not lose it's dining options.

When WL lodge announced the construction I called and they were able to move us to Contemporary GV for the same price. Definitely do not let them do nothing to accommodate you. This will be a huge inconvenience for your party and was not a consideration when you initially booked.

Does anyone know when these closings will start? I have a stay booked just before that.

I received the same email, we are going 5/13-5/18. My TA doesn't seem to think Disney will switch us to another resort for the same price. I can deal with refurbishment but not when the food court, table service and merchandise shops are going to be closed. The trip I was looking forward to so much is now almost being dreaded. I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else manages to get switched to another resort for roughly the same price. We're AP's so we got a pretty good deal at CBR. I'd be happy at Coronado or one of the PO resorts. I just hope Disney will help us somehow.

My TA just emailed me and said they are not switching guests to other resort for the same price, YET. Maybe they will later but eventually there won't be much resort inventory available so I really have my doubts.

My TA just emailed me and said they are not switching guests to other resort for the same price, YET. Maybe they will later but eventually there won't be much resort inventory available so I really have my doubts.

I would still urge the OP to call herself, and be persistent. This is my concern with booking with TAs, they have no reason to "fight" -- it's not their vacation.

OP, Keep escalating until you are satisfied.

OK, OP here. Here's what happened. I called the number that was in the email, and first was waiting on a queue, then they said the phones were down and I was disconnected. So I called the regular reservation number and told my sad tale to the person on the phone and the only thing we could work out was upgrading to WL for $400 more. So I took that and made sure the reservation was changed online. Then I continued to call the original number they gave until it came back up, and eventually got a human on the phone. Turns out this number is guest services, not a typical reservation number. She heard my story, and I was very nice but made it clear that I wasn't happy about the additional $400 cost. She put me on hold for a while, and came back and offered to send me a $400 gift card to make up the difference. I was fine with that. So that's where we left it. Assuming that card arrives, I'm satisfied with how it was handled. I know that Roaring Forks is under refurbishment while we are there, but I can live with that.
I have to say that this really annoys me though. I make every effort before I book a location, to make sure that everything is in order, nothing is being refurbished, etc. And then 60 days before they do this? That stinks. But I've never stayed at WL, so I'm happy enough to still have a really nice resort to stay at that isn't ginormous (which is why I had payed for a preferred room at CBR).

I would still urge the OP to call herself, and be persistent. This is my concern with booking with TAs, they have no reason to "fight" -- it's not their vacation.

Who should I ask to speak with when I call?? I've never had this situation, what is the best way to escalate something like this?

Just call the number in the email and speak to the guest relations person that answers. It's not a regular reservation line.

OK, OP here. Here's what happened. I called the number that was in the email, and first was waiting on a queue, then they said the phones were down and I was disconnected. So I called the regular reservation number and told my sad tale to the person on the phone and the only thing we could work out was upgrading to WL for $400 more. So I took that and made sure the reservation was changed online. Then I continued to call the original number they gave until it came back up, and eventually got a human on the phone. Turns out this number is guest services, not a typical reservation number. She heard my story, and I was very nice but made it clear that I wasn't happy about the additional $400 cost. She put me on hold for a while, and came back and offered to send me a $400 gift card to make up the difference. I was fine with that. So that's where we left it. Assuming that card arrives, I'm satisfied with how it was handled. I know that Roaring Forks is under refurbishment while we are there, but I can live with that.
I have to say that this really annoys me though. I make every effort before I book a location, to make sure that everything is in order, nothing is being refurbished, etc. And then 60 days before they do this? That stinks. But I've never stayed at WL, so I'm happy enough to still have a really nice resort to stay at that isn't ginormous (which is why I had payed for a preferred room at CBR).

Ohhhh I would be so pumped about this, virtually same price with $400 spending for eats/drinks. WL is a STUNNING! resort and they just opened the new Geyser Point Bar and Grill .... great spot to relax with your party, and they offer lounge food and quick service food. :goodvibes

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...wilderness-lodge-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Who should I ask to speak with when I call?? I've never had this situation, what is the best way to escalate something like this?

Guest Services. You can find the number online somewhere I'm sure. Guest Services can do much more for you than the reservations people.

My agent gave me the Guest Communications email. Disney Travel Company recommended that she give it to me and that I try there. I wish I had a number I could call.

Heard the same thing from my TA. Does anyone know if I call in will they talk to me, or does it have to be my TA since I'm booked through them?

OP, it sucks that this happened, but really, what's Disney supposed to do? They try to announce closings and refurbs as far in advance as they can. Does it suck that they didn't give the greatest amount of notice? Yes. Could it be far worse? You betcha.

I also wouldn't be happy with Disney sending me a $400 gift card. You bought a $400 gift card. They didn't do anything, you basically got "store credit" for your trouble. They got YOU to pay extra for a different resort, then you called back and got the "store credit" for your stay. Since you were in a panic about all this, it's fine to you. I think Disney has the capability of doing more, but if you're ok with them doing what they did, that's up to you.

I received the same email this morning for our stay at CBR 4/28-5/6. I called to switch to POFQ. They did not have any standard rooms so they are making me pay the extra for the garden view room. POR was completely booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter