Received email about closings at CBR - help!!

The email stated that the pool bar is also closing - has anyone heard that the main feature pool will be affected? Just curious.....

It states online under reservations, that the main pool will not be effected.

We booked CBR last June for a 2 week stay starting thanksgiving this year . With the recent construction news .. that probably explains now why we got an email from our TA last September advising that Disney had advised the standards rooms were overbooked and we were being moved to a preferred room. (Effectively Right next to the construction area)

This will probably put a dampener on the trip which was for my 50th birthday and our 15th Wedding Anniversary.

Finally talked to a lady who said they couldn't do anything for anyone because the resort has not authorized them to do so.
If you ask me it's a tad ridiculous that a company as big as this has the last chain of command in guest relations who can't do anything compensate for such a big thing.

Finally talked to a lady who said they couldn't do anything for anyone because the resort has not authorized them to do so.
If you ask me it's a tad ridiculous that a company as big as this has the last chain of command in guest relations who can't do anything compensate for such a big thing.
That doesn't sound right. I would call back or try again tomorrow.

I would think they would want to avoid a scene at check in and get us taken care of before we arrive.

Yep. So far my options are to stay at the resort and suck up the major inconvenience, or change my dining plan option and use that price change to absorb the cost of changing to AoA

OP, it sucks that this happened, but really, what's Disney supposed to do? They try to announce closings and refurbs as far in advance as they can. Does it suck that they didn't give the greatest amount of notice? Yes. Could it be far worse? You betcha.

I also wouldn't be happy with Disney sending me a $400 gift card. You bought a $400 gift card. They didn't do anything, you basically got "store credit" for your trouble. They got YOU to pay extra for a different resort, then you called back and got the "store credit" for your stay. Since you were in a panic about all this, it's fine to you. I think Disney has the capability of doing more, but if you're ok with them doing what they did, that's up to you.

Pretty harsh. Good Luck

Not that I think being ru
Yep. So far my options are to stay at the resort and suck up the major inconvenience, or change my dining plan option and use that price change to absorb the cost of changing to AoA
I'm giving serious consideration to changing resorts tonight, at my cost of course, before the economical rooms are all booked. It beats being disa
Why would there be a scene?
Not from me. But I've seen my fair share of disgruntled people expressing their feelings for all to hear. A cm is more likely to difuse the situation by giving in to calm the situation down, in my experience

Why would there be a scene?

Some people aren't happy with the way this will impact their vacation. I personally didn't choose to go here knowing that it wouldn't have a food court (They're bringing food trucks instead), or a gift shop.
My vacation cost 5800USD. To some people that isn't a small amount and while it may be minor inconveniences, it's still not great on their part to spring this on people 2 months before the vacation with not retribution at all.

Just my opinion.

A cm is more likely to difuse the situation by giving in to calm the situation down, in my experience

CM's do what they're told. CM's are not going to be the ones that decide with you at the front desk, what compensation you'll be given. You'll have to deal with the managers and such for that. Also, choosing to wait in this scenario is not going possibly get you moved somewhere else as you stand at the check-in counter. Other resorts are booked or are getting there.

Some people aren't happy with the way this will impact their vacation. I personally didn't choose to go here knowing that it wouldn't have a food court (They're bringing food trucks instead), or a gift shop.
My vacation cost 5800USD. To some people that isn't a small amount and while it may be minor inconveniences, it's still not great on their part to spring this on people 2 months before the vacation with not retribution at all.

Just my opinion.

When do you want Disney to announce things? No matter when they announce these things it's going to inconvenience someone. You even got off the phone with them and at this time they aren't authorized to do anything. Will that change? Maybe, maybe not. Also, this issue apparently has been known for some time among certain circles:
We booked CBR last June for a 2 week stay starting thanksgiving this year . With the recent construction news .. that probably explains now why we got an email from our TA last September advising that Disney had advised the standards rooms were overbooked and we were being moved to a preferred room. (Effectively Right next to the construction area)

This will probably put a dampener on the trip which was for my 50th birthday and our 15th Wedding Anniversary.

So last September stuff was known. Doesn't make anything right, just pointing out that others got weird correspondence some time ago.

Also, to the OP. You were booked for $400 extra in a deluxe.. The Wilderness Lodge... someone remind me what things look like there right now.... oh yeah, it's a construction zone! It's an upgrade, but still a construction site... I just remembered that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter