Official 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread.

Last year...
slide131.jpg

DDD-corrals-14-650x342.jpg

Disneyland-10k-Corrals.jpg

Obviously no guarantees that it'll be the same this year but it should be somewhat similar, I'd think. And no solid way to know what the 10K corrals are for Dumbo runners.

HOLY! If it goes by last year, my husband is in B (jerk), M is in E and I'm in G (which, honestly, is better than I thought for me!)

Also, because I don't really care - I'm number 3981. I put in a proof of time at 2:58, so ... the times from last year compared with what I put in this year don't really line up.

Carp!!! I'm likely in A, but I sure as heck can't run that fast yet...oh well, I'll have to try. I figured B or C is what I'd get.

I don't think the placements will be the same, because when I submitted my time, it had me finishing at 3.10 or something ridiculous. And this has me in G, but time says <2:30. A girl can dream though!

I don't think the placements will be the same, because when I submitted my time, it had me finishing at 3.10 or something ridiculous. And this has me in G, but time says <2:30. A girl can dream though!

This!

I had mentally prepared myself for corral H or I with a bib number in the 7000s or so. I guess not so many people submitted Proof of Time? The highest Half Marathon bib number I came across was 11772, but then I got bored and stopped.

This!

I had mentally prepared myself for corral H or I with a bib number in the 7000s or so. I guess not so many people submitted Proof of Time? The highest Half Marathon bib number I came across was 11772, but then I got bored and stopped.

You know, that is something I had not considered. A lot of people who only do RunDisney races think it's automatic. Although, I do have a friend who never submits proof of time and gets really into the first 3 corrals every time. So does RunDisney take into account your previous races automatically? I know they say no, but it's weird that he's never submitted POT.

For anyone doing the DDD, I just took a look and the number range appears to start at 20005 and go to 260009 ... a couple hundred less than last year, but close enough from a numbers perspective. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic that the corrals for Dumbo will be close to last year. It's a good point that some people may not have submitted times ... could be they didn't have one or they forgot too. I've read that the CA races contain generally a more relaxed group of runners than that of the FL race groups ... but not sure if that blog was accurate either.

Either way, I am perfectly content with 21949! :)

Crazy to look at last year's corrals and see that over half of the 10K entries went to Dumbo runners...no wonder that race sells out quickly.

Last one I found was 11778. So pretty close to what you found. I too am also surprised about my potential corral placement. I thought I would be in 7000s or so too. Anxious for the official corrals.

Man. Anniversary Party still at 67%! If it stays like that, I may have to rethink my entire pre-party strategy in the park ...

Now, let's see some corrals, the event guide AND some race swag!

So at Disneyland what time is a good time to head to the corrals (10k & half so 5:30 start)? We're staying at the Grand Californian & was thinking to walk over at 4:15, but maybe that's too early. I read they open the corrals up at 4:30, anyone know if that is right? Are there any photo ops before hand or anything special? thanks!

That is correct, they do open the corrals at 4:30am. There is really nothing to do once you're there, but I like to be at the front of the corral, so I like to get there early. Last year we planned to arrive right at 4:30am. We were probably 15 minutes late in the end, and managed to get fairly close to the front. This year I hope to be more on time and be in the first few rows. I was quite surprised that everyone just stood. Before the 10k, I just sat down on the road to try and save my legs a bit - they were fatiguing big time from all the walking/standing around on hard surfaces!

**UPDATE** Feeling much better today. Getting out of the car after driving in to work was the worst, I think just because I tightened up a bit. But I am starting to forget about the back issues a lot, so I'm taking that as a very good sign. Hoping to make it to yoga on Friday right now and then go from there. :)

So glad that you're feeling better :goodvibes

Thanks @zanzibar138 :goodvibes

Wanted to show y'all this shirt I just ordered. This is a Facebook shop that has been around for awhile and she does limited runs of Disney-inspired shirts. I picked the cotton version of this one since I have approximately 1,000 short-sleeved tech shirts and will be getting 3 more that weekend already...But I think one is super cute.
image.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter