Official 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread.

Oh my gosh! I hope the corrals are the same as last year! I've got 3262, which would put me in F like I was hoping for! I had actually resigned myself to corral G, so that would be so awesome! DH is in the 2000's so would likely be E, but he would start in F with me. Dad's got 322, and Mum's got 1118, so it looks like A and C for them. Mum will be stoked with that - will give her a nice big buffer against the balloon ladies since she'll be stuck walking most of it with her stress fractures.

Last edited:
Well, this is interesting. It appears that the half and the challenge (the highest bib I could find for Dumbo was 26009) are down by a few hundred runners each from last year going by the bib numbers. Interesting since it's an anniversary year and all.

I'm 22202 which is a lower bib number then I had for the PDC (I was 22850). So I'm thinking I've definitely moved up a corral. The question of course being which one am I in now since the PDC and DDD corrals were so different last year. So I'm either in G or going by last year's numbers I maybe in F. God I would love to be in F. But I'm not going to get overly hopeful because I've thought one way about corrals and then turned out to be wrong. Just keeping fingers crossed at this point.

I know quite a few TA's STILL have bibs for Dumbo and the half left - I almost switched from the Half to Dumbo last week but decided against it because the TA couldn't guarantee that they'd keep my PoT.

I have to imagine this is the same case for charity organizations.

I tried maybe figuring out what the corrals were based on other runners results from the DDD group. I got as far as figuring out that H appears to be sub 3 this year before it all became an odd mess and I just gave up.

Oh and H looks like it's as big as last year. I wish anyone in that corral good luck.

That is correct, they do open the corrals at 4:30am. There is really nothing to do once you're there, but I like to be at the front of the corral, so I like to get there early. Last year we planned to arrive right at 4:30am. We were probably 15 minutes late in the end, and managed to get fairly close to the front. This year I hope to be more on time and be in the first few rows. I was quite surprised that everyone just stood. Before the 10k, I just sat down on the road to try and save my legs a bit - they were fatiguing big time from all the walking/standing around on hard surfaces!
thanks that helps! I sat down in the corral before the WDW marathon this past Jan to save my feet too!

Hi Everyone, a few of you have mentioned the 10th Anniversary party~ is it correct that there is a separate (additional) Paint the Night just for the party? I'm really on the fence about attending. We want to go but since we are running the next morning, I'm just not sure about it. However, if there is a confirmed special parade added, I would think about going since I don't want to fight the crowds with all that on another night. Does anyone have any other information about the party other than what's listed on the runDisney site? Thanks!

Hi Everyone, a few of you have mentioned the 10th Anniversary party~ is it correct that there is a separate (additional) Paint the Night just for the party? I'm really on the fence about attending. We want to go but since we are running the next morning, I'm just not sure about it. However, if there is a confirmed special parade added, I would think about going since I don't want to fight the crowds with all that on another night. Does anyone have any other information about the party other than what's listed on the runDisney site? Thanks!

I was told that it does, indeed, include a private showing of Paint the Night, in addition to the 8:35 pm showing that night.

The party also runs until Midnight and everything on the West Side - except for Haunted Mansion - will be running.

I'm planning on riding BTMRR, Splash and Indy about 1 million times that night, if anyone was concerned ...

Ugh if I wasn't flying in Thursday night because of classes I would seriously consider getting a party ticket. As it is, college classes first fun later.

Whaooo got our bib #'s. Ron's is 20931 I guess he is in the corral ahead of me. I'm 21281 !!!
Not sure how this is going to go for Ron, he has a hernia. Got the test last week and results. He is determined to do the runs, he wants his Dumbo medal!
This may have to change our plan of running the races,we may have to walk. Disappointing! But I will not leave his side. Even though he is a faster runner than me!
Plan is listen to his body. Dr. has given him the OK to run. Boy this year has had some tough stumbling blocks.
Ron says he is coming our our 20 km training run tomorrow, we are meeting another girl from our group at 6am. He came with me this morning to do our 6.5km.
Slow and steady that's what I keep telling him, finishing is the goal.

Thanks for the link. Looks like I am in "C" and DW is in "F". I will drop back and run with her whichever corral she's in.

Curious when I look at our posted race history times on the link, none of them include either of our POTs.

Last edited:
This is getting so exciting. It looks like I'll be in B or A for the 10K. (That is good news for character pictures!) And I'm almost done with me and my sisters costumes. I'm going to be Peter Pan and she is going as Tinker Bell. (If the costume isn't enough, I'll also have my Sony Action Cam strapped to the side of my head to record the whole run. So if you see me be sure and say hello!... And eventually I'll post a highlight video from the weekend.)

Also for any of you on Instagram I have an account where I just post Disneyland pictures (attractions, shows, and food). Plus I try and give tips and tricks about how to make the most of your time at Disneyland. (Might be helpful for some of you who aren't as familiar with Disneyland) The name is Disneyland_Eric I'm sure I'll also be posting tons of pictures from the race weekend... It's gonna be great!

I would just like to announce that I did 1.8 miles on the treadmill this morning. Mostly walking but there were three 1-minute bursts of running in there (I started out saying that I'd do the whole thing walking, but I couldn't help myself :upsidedow). I felt stiff, for sure, but no pain. :)

I'm gonna see how I feel today/tomorrow (going to hot yoga, which I'm thinking will feel SUPER good) and may attempt a run on Friday. I'm definitely getting to a point where there is minimal, if any pain in my back...it's just stiff from time-to-time, which I feel like is my body's way of saying that it's time to (cautiously) start moving again. I'm going to build back up suuuuper slowly (start with 1:00 running/1:00 walking intervals for a short run) and go from there, increasing my run intervals by 15-30 seconds each run if I think I can handle it. I thought about starting at :30/:30 intervals...I know lots of people swear by that interval but I think it would drive me insane to stop and start that much. :confused3

Definitely not doing the back-to-back 4-/12.5-mile runs this weekend or trying to make them up...just going to hop back onto the plan as written starting next week, assuming this weekend goes okay. Hopefully the next 2 weeks will go well and I can do the 5-/14-mile runs on the Galloway plan before tapering.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

good luck...it sounds super promising. Glad things are feeling better. you have plenty of time to get back to form by being careful.

I would just like to announce that I did 1.8 miles on the treadmill this morning. Mostly walking but there were three 1-minute bursts of running in there (I started out saying that I'd do the whole thing walking, but I couldn't help myself :upsidedow). I felt stiff, for sure, but no pain. :)/QUOTE]

That's great news @Ariel484.

Now the bad news (LOL). I am kicking you out of the "too hurt to run" Club. :crutches:

Man. Anniversary Party still at 67%! If it stays like that, I may have to rethink my entire pre-party strategy in the park ...

Now, let's see some corrals, the event guide AND some race swag!

Seriously, I'm ready to see some swag! Still haven't decided on the Dooney.

I was told that it does, indeed, include a private showing of Paint the Night, in addition to the 8:35 pm showing that night.

The party also runs until Midnight and everything on the West Side - except for Haunted Mansion - will be running.

I'm planning on riding BTMRR, Splash and Indy about 1 million times that night, if anyone was concerned ...

DH and I will be riding right along with you. The last two times we have been to WDW together, SM has been closed and it's his favorite! So he is super excited about it.

So obviously it took me, like...0.2 seconds to decide on the Dooney. But I wouldn't be mad if they posted a bigger picture of it. :confused3

Yes! Bigger picture and dimensions would be nice. You got the crossbody, right? I feel like if I got something, it would be the tote...just don't know if I want drop all that cash on the bag and then wish I had money to buy more regular DL stuff.

Yes! Bigger picture and dimensions would be nice. You got the crossbody, right? I feel like if I got something, it would be the tote...just don't know if I want drop all that cash on the bag and then wish I had money to buy more regular DL stuff.
Yes, the crossbody...I have bags that are (I assume) the same sizes as the tote and crossbody they are offering for DLH Weekend*, and I do like both sizes a lot. But I also like bigger bags, so there's that (which is why I'm not at all interested in the wristlet). I really had a hard time deciding between the two.

*Yeah, I have purse problems...:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter