Official 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread.

Don't worry, you aren't the only one.
Seriously...it got bad this year. I discovered a couple of Disney Dooney groups on Facebook and went on a little buying binge - NOT GOOD.

Eventually I had a little talk with myself and knew there were a few bags I still REALLY wanted, so I sold a bunch that were admitted impulse buys to get those coveted bags. Once I get the last one I REALLY want (the D23 tote that is coming out in a couple of weeks - same size as the DLH tote, which helped me decide on the crossbody) I'm leaving those FB groups...they are just way too enabling. I realize it still sounds ridiculous that I have 2 bags coming (the D23 and the DLH bag), but seriously...it's an improvement over where I was a couple of months ago. :eek: :crazy2: :guilty:

What are these groups?? I feel like this may be some place that I belong, lol.
Oh man...are you sure you want to know?!

Seriously, being in these groups hasn't been good for my bank account. The big reason is because I discovered the park shoppers - people who are locals to Disneyland/WDW and can get bags that are only in the parks. The catch is that in order for them to profit from this (as it's a job for them), they charge a shopper fee, PayPal fees, shipping, etc. So it can really add up (i.e. my D23 bag). And if I wasn't in these groups I wouldn't even know these bags were available since I wouldn't see them otherwise, unless I happened to be in the parks.

So do you really want to know?! :teeth:

Seriously, being in these groups hasn't been good for my bank account. The big reason is because I discovered the park shoppers - people who are locals to Disneyland/WDW and can get bags that are only in the parks. The catch is that in order for them to profit from this (as it's a job for them), they charge a shopper fee, PayPal fees, shipping, etc. So it can really add up (i.e. my D23 bag). And if I wasn't in these groups I wouldn't even know these bags were available since I wouldn't see them otherwise, unless I happened to be in the parks.

You're right. It's probably best I stay away. If I don't know about, I can't want it. I did google the D23 bag though.. That is SUPER cute!!!

You're right. It's probably best I stay away. If I don't know about, I can't want it. I did google the D23 bag though.. That is SUPER cute!!!
RIGHT?! :faint: I saw it and was like....just take all of my money.

But yeah, I do think that the tote they have available for D23 is the same silhouette as the DLH tote (if not very similar), so that should give you some idea of the dimensions. In case they never ever official release them. :mad:

That's like 150 days if you're a dog, right?
Still plenty of time.

Ugh, right?

Between getting hurt and then a stomach virus and then friendscation at the beach last weekend, I've definitely got a little catching up to do.

My 3-miler yesterday was pretty much the worst run of my life - like, after the first mile I was all "This is so stupid. Let's go back to the cabana bar".

But I'm trying to ramp back up pretty fast - back to the gym for 4 miles after I finish meeting with a contractor here at the house. The real key will be getting in a nice, long run when I'm in New Orleans in two weeks (Gack! Who does that?! I'm such a dummy!).

Ugh, right?

Between getting hurt and then a stomach virus and then friendscation at the beach last weekend, I've definitely got a little catching up to do.

My 3-miler yesterday was pretty much the worst run of my life - like, after the first mile I was all "This is so stupid. Let's go back to the cabana bar".

But I'm trying to ramp back up pretty fast - back to the gym for 4 miles after I finish meeting with a contractor here at the house. The real key will be getting in a nice, long run when I'm in New Orleans in two weeks (Gack! Who does that?! I'm such a dummy!).

All sounds normal......training always seems to have its ups and downs.
Think about where you were as a runner LAST year at this time, or even a few years ago.
No worries........you'll get there.

FYI - I belong to a Dooney group on FB that is fantastic. It is a "pay it forward" group; no personal shoppers allowed, thus no extra fees. Sellers are only allowed to charge no more than their cost, tax, shipping and PayPal fees. It's called Disney Dooney & Bourke

FYI - I belong to a Dooney group on FB that is fantastic. It is a "pay it forward" group; no personal shoppers allowed, thus no extra fees. Sellers are only allowed to charge no more than their cost, tax, shipping and PayPal fees. It's called Disney Dooney & Bourke
I know that one...I *was* in it. Slowly whittling the enabling Facebook groups down...:)

I would just like to announce that I did 1.8 miles on the treadmill this morning. Mostly walking but there were three 1-minute bursts of running in there (I started out saying that I'd do the whole thing walking, but I couldn't help myself :upsidedow). I felt stiff, for sure, but no pain. :)

I'm gonna see how I feel today/tomorrow (going to hot yoga, which I'm thinking will feel SUPER good) and may attempt a run on Friday. I'm definitely getting to a point where there is minimal, if any pain in my back...it's just stiff from time-to-time, which I feel like is my body's way of saying that it's time to (cautiously) start moving again. I'm going to build back up suuuuper slowly (start with 1:00 running/1:00 walking intervals for a short run) and go from there, increasing my run intervals by 15-30 seconds each run if I think I can handle it. I thought about starting at :30/:30 intervals...I know lots of people swear by that interval but I think it would drive me insane to stop and start that much. :confused3

Definitely not doing the back-to-back 4-/12.5-mile runs this weekend or trying to make them up...just going to hop back onto the plan as written starting next week, assuming this weekend goes okay. Hopefully the next 2 weeks will go well and I can do the 5-/14-mile runs on the Galloway plan before tapering.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

That's great news! And you haven't even missed that much training :thumbsup2

Ugh, right?

You'll be fine Keels - you've done it before, you can do it again :thumbsup2

FWIW I love running on vacation - such a great way to see things! I've got to string together at least 16km (10 miles) in Cairns next weekend, and I can't wait! I get to run along the beach, over mangrove boardwalks and through the botanic gardens. And I'm even looking forward to getting up early on my first day of vacation because while I'm running along the beach, I'll get to see the sunrise :goodvibes

I'm thinking it'll be almost like a practice run for the day, because I'll be trying my new compression gear (shorts, which I would freeze with in Melbourne lol!), taking it easy with the heat, and wanting to stop now and then for photos.

I just realized I need to find a way to incorporate a 9 mile run while I'm at D23 Expo next weekend ... not quite sure THAT'S going to happen! HA.

Well Week#14 is done!
Did my 4 miles yesterday and my 12. 5 miles this morning. Loads of energy , off the cleanse could fuel properly for this run! What difference, after we finished the 20.1km we felt like we could still do more. Coffee sure tasted great! Yippee turning the page on the training booklet. Light at the end of the tunnel. This makes it real. Those Yams last night gave me lots of go go go power! Hope everyone is doing well.
My husband Ron did come along slowly and he finished, listening to his body, I know he is hurting.

Probably a dumb question - how do I figure out my 10k corral placement based on my DDD bib number? (and yes I know the actual corral placement isn't out yet, but I'm confused as to how to compare my number to the old charts...I was able to figure out my approximate placement for the half)

Also, do I wear the same bib for both races?

I don't think we can figure out the corral placement for the 10K yet since you have the DDD number. I thought they had listed times on the 10K but they don't, so you'll find out when you get the bibs?

Last edited:
We won't find out or 10k corral for DDD until we get our bib. Yes, we get 1 bib with 2 corral letters on it or at least that's how I saw it was last year.

You could probably make an educated guess about where you'll end up based on your DDD number, but like everyone else has said, you won't know until you see it printed on your bib.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter