• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I would consider carnival rides even a c ticket. I am almost disgusted at the thought of the boardwalk rides showing up at DHS, but with a Pixar appearance to them. It can't really even be considered "theming" in my opinion if that's what they do.

I'm not sure I would consider carnival rides even a c ticket. I am almost disgusted at the thought of the boardwalk rides showing up at DHS, but with a Pixar appearance to them. It can't really even be considered "theming" in my opinion if that's what they do.

Agreed...while its hard to argue with any Pixar addition right now from the mouse perspective...especially with all the high muscle sequels queued up...

For me...the stink of Chester and Hester has yet to wear off.

To say nothing of last weeks praise of new crowd control at midway mania and soarin...

Have some dignity, people

I'm not sure I would consider carnival rides even a c ticket. .

Using the "E" ticket analogy, it's awful hard to define what something is once it's less than an "E" ticket.

Original MK "D" tickets: Skyway, WDW RR, Mickey Mouse Revue, Mission to Mars, Admiral Joe Fowler (Riverboat)
Original MK "C" tickets: Grand Prix Speedway. Peter Pan's Flight, Snow White Scary Adventure, Mr. Toad's, Swiss Family Treehouse
Original MK "B" tickets: Main Street Cinema, Dumbo, Mad Tea Party, Mike Fink Keelboats, Frontierland Shooting Gallery

But looking at that list, if they put something similar to the "Bug's Life" Land like in DCA - I would agree it's probably a C or B ticket...

However, I've said it before in this thread. I think it's perfectly fine to put some kids rides in this park. I would hope they were a little more inspired than another Dumbo or Tea Cup style spinner, but DHS does not have enough rides (or entertainment in general) for little ones, and that would help remedy that. Several kids rides IN CONCERT with Star Wars expansion with another E ticket + C ticket and maybe a new show and restaurant would work fine for me.

I would hope they were a little more inspired than another Dumbo or Tea Cup style spinner

I would hope so, but my fear is that it will just be a large assortment of rides like this - uninspired and very short, with little to no thematic tie-in other than surrounding art. I don't love the theming of Dumbo and Tea Cups, but they at least have history on their side. I don't think that many will be happy if they (or similar) are installed as new rides at DHS. Does it need additional ride capacity? Absolutely. Is this the best solution? Not at all in my mind. But I guess we will see.

Does it need additional ride capacity? Absolutely. Is this the best solution? Not at all in my mind. But I guess we will see.

But here's the thing - if you bring your 3 year old to DHS - what rides can you currently bring them on? TSMM, but they can't really participate. That's it. Rides for the 5 and under set are woefully underrepresented in this park...but with few exceptions (a high quality dark ride perhaps), rides for this age group would be "disappointing". So I say there's nothing wrong with adding these rides, as long as they aren't the only ones being added. (Just as there's nothing wrong with expanding TSMM as long as they don't cut something else from coming along behind it.)

The Carsland strategy worked so well. People honestly loved that expansion. I think they're going to stick to that general plan. They were rewarded for spending big. So they're going to seek the same benefits in Hollywood Studios too. Why would they be so stupid as to screw up the perfect method of fixing a theme park? Remember what it was like after Carsland opened. People from all over the industry came to check it out (Universal included). It was a landmark moment. A pinnacle of Iger's reign. I feel like they want to follow up, and assert their dominant place in Orlando.

What does Carsland like expansion entail? Very well themed simpler attractions, and a larger anchor attraction.

They're not going to screw this up.

Agreed...while its hard to argue with any Pixar addition right now from the mouse perspective...especially with all the high muscle sequels queued up...

For me...the stink of Chester and Hester has yet to wear off.

To say nothing of last weeks praise of new crowd control at midway mania and soarin...

Have some dignity, people
They're only giving the people what they want...

They're only giving the people what they want...

Not everyone...

And they are giving "more stuff" (Maybe...we are again falling Into the well of trusting an operation that isn't doing what it should for longevity)...because they have this ridiculous booking system that highlights what little they have to book...

I don't think anyone is screaming outside the dwarf house in Burbank to have modified, off the shelf rides slapped into Orlando...

Tower of terror or splash mountain...it aint

Last edited:
The Carsland strategy worked so well. People honestly loved that expansion. I think they're going to stick to that general plan. They were rewarded for spending big. So they're going to seek the same benefits in Hollywood Studios too. Why would they be so stupid as to screw up the perfect method of fixing a theme park? Remember what it was like after Carsland opened. People from all over the industry came to check it out (Universal included). It was a landmark moment. A pinnacle of Iger's reign. I feel like they want to follow up, and assert their dominant place in Orlando.

What does Carsland like expansion entail? Very well themed simpler attractions, and a larger anchor attraction.

Here's what you're overlooking:

Carsland is gonna have a diminishing appeal soon too.

They've been up for five years...and while RSR is never gonna be a no wait scenario...the DL Faithful will start looking for what's next...

Because its inevitable.

There's along way till that area is revered as "classic"...and if they continue to not do annual reinvestment - then the potential for people to sour on those areas increases.

It's an inpatient world...and do you think somebody will say "gee...I mean...they did spend all that money on cars...we should be thankful for that...
And shanghai" in 2021?

If you believe that...I have some beans to sell you

I totally agree, the Cars property is going to be around and very popular for a long, long time just like so many of the Disney properties. Just for one *Peter Pan*, 40 years old and attraction line of 1 or 2 hours. Disney attraction touch the heart of millions over and over again and the fan flock to them and stay loyal. The attendance at DL went up23% in the first year after Carsland opened(much better then the new HP diagom alley did) and new Cars attraction will do the same as the movies continue.

Their will always be some folks that need the next new thing NOW!. However the vast number of millions of Disney fans love the Disney brand and quality and it passes generation to generation.

Last edited:
I totally agree, the Cars property is going to be around and very popular for a long, long time just like so many of the Disney properties. Just for one *Peter Pan*, 40 years old and attraction line of 1 or 2 hours. Disney attraction touch the heart of millions over and over again and the fan flock to them and stay loyal. The attendance at DL went up23% in the first year after Carsland opened(much better then the new HP diagom alley did) and new Cars attraction will do the same as the movies continue.

Their will always be some folks that need the next new thing NOW!. However the vast number of millions of Disney fans love the Disney brand and quality and it passes generation to generation.
I'm extremely sympathetic to this argument. It also seems like Disney is keeping the pressure on Cars with that new movie too. Carsland should be keeping a draw for a longtime.

The Carsland strategy worked so well.

It worked well for a park that was clearly as a sub-performer that people weren't going to. I have never been to DCA, even when I visited DL (limited time on my part), so I can't really talk about the quality of the park other than what other people have said.

Would the addition of 3 rides fix DHS or EPCOT? I don't think so. Do they need things for all age groups? Absolutely. As I stated before though, $500 million for 3 rides? Staggering cost for the benefit. DHS needs an infusion of 4-10 attractions for age 2-6, 4-10 for 6-12, and 2-4 for teens/adults (mixture of D and E ticket). That brings DHS up to 20-40 attractions, roughly the same as MK. That would make it a true 1-2 day park. That is what it is going to take to fix DHS.

EPCOT is in a similar situation, although it was never intended to be a ride focused area, but clearly some things have changed. They don't even need to be thrill rides, but make sure every country has some type of attraction and not just restaurants. Some adults enjoy the food aspect (I do), but can't eat at all of them and you need something to do between eating around the world. So again, adding a few attractions (4-6) in the countries starts to fix that problem. Redo UOE so it something other than a break from the heat. Bring back the Wonders of Life Pavilion in some incarnation (some of that was really neat) and update the Imagination pavilion and reopen the upstairs in some form. Some of these "attractions" that are still open have been reduced to a shadow of their former selves. My kids love the Innoventions stuff (especially the fire house and the finance thing) and have no idea that they are learning things. That's what the Imagination upstairs did, explore while learning. That is what is missing from EPCOT in some of these pavilions. MISSION:Space has a great post-show area, but it probably needs to be twice the size and have a more obvious entrance for the people that want to skip the ride.

This is how you start to fix the WDW parks.

I can't even fathom the budget needed for those ideas. Maybe I should accept that it may take more than a year for these upgrades? :D

Here's what you're overlooking:

Carsland is gonna have a diminishing appeal soon too.

They've been up for five years...and while RSR is never gonna be a no wait scenario...the DL Faithful will start looking for what's next...

Because its inevitable.

There's along way till that area is revered as "classic"...and if they continue to not do annual reinvestment - then the potential for people to sour on those areas increases.

It's an inpatient world...and do you think somebody will say "gee...I mean...they did spend all that money on cars...we should be thankful for that...
And shanghai" in 2021?

If you believe that...I have some beans to sell you
See this is the fatal flaw in your argument. If Carsland actually did have that rapidly diminishing appeal it should apply to other parts of Disneyland as well. Especially IP based. Indiana Jones, Buzz Lightyear Astroblaster, and various Fantasyland attractions should be abandoned.

They're not.

Disneyland faithful don't move on. That's not what they do. They keep coming back. Over and over. It's because they love the attractions.

Honestly I wish these attractions did have a little more of that diminishing appeal. We'd get more original rides. Alas. That's just not the case.

We're almost there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter