What traditional flavor does Disney use in their wedding cakes?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I have heard that wedding cakes are supposed to have a unique flavor of their own and I would like to know what traditional wedding cake flavor Disney uses in their wedding cakes? Because from what Mom and I have studied it's a mix of vanilla and almond paste and so i'm wondering if Disney makes traditional wedding cakes like this? I'm curious to know

Disney offer a huge variety of flavours for their wedding cakes including vanilla, dark chocolate, marble, carrot cake, toasted almond, peanut butter, white cake, lemonade, orange, churro, s'mores, ginger, confetti, french toast, lavender, red velvet, espresso and pistachio. Although I'm sure you could request 'traditional' if you wanted it, most people order one of the other flavours offered.

In the US, there is no single flavor that is traditional for wedding cakes, but certain regions do lean toward vanilla cake with almond flavoring. And straight vanilla cake is usually popular everywhere. The Wedding Cakes team at Walt Disney World does offer Almond as one of their cake flavors. You can see all the flavors that have historically been available for WDW wedding cakes on page 119 of the Fairytale Weddings Guide and on this page of my website: https://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/#flavors

My dad and I have been trying to get my mom a small wedding cake in honor of my parents anniversary because she has always wanted a small wedding cake because she was always curious about wedding cake and had always wanted to try some. Today Dad and I called several bakeries and we had no luck trying to order one because they are pricey and the bakery we tried to order from tried to sell us a small wedding cake but it had almonds in it. Which tells me that traditional wedding cakes have almonds in them so I assume that Disney uses this almond/vanilla flavoring for it's wedding cakes too. So Dad and I might get my mother a white cake for their anniversary
Thanks for the advice and info because it was helpful to me
Dodger

My dad and I have been trying to get my mom a small wedding cake in honor of my parents anniversary
Did you try asking for a 6-inch round cake? That's essentially the small tier at the top of a "traditional" style wedding cake. (I put traditional in quotes because there are many different styles of wedding cake.) Don't call it a "wedding cake" but ask for the 6-inch round cake in the flavor of your/her choice. Maybe that's vanilla, maybe it's almond, or many other flavors available. The bakery at my local grocery store actually makes the best small cakes in a lot of varieties, and they'll decorate it to your request, so don't forget to check the local grocery store.

My dad and I have been trying to get my mom a small wedding cake in honor of my parents anniversary because she has always wanted a small wedding cake because she was always curious about wedding cake and had always wanted to try some.
Your mother has never been to a wedding?

A wedding cake is just a big cake that cost about five times as much as an identical cake that doesn’t have the wedding label attached to it. If your mother has had cake before, chances are that she already knows what a wedding cake tastes like.

Your mother has never been to a wedding?

A wedding cake is just a big cake that cost about five times as much as an identical cake that doesn’t have the wedding label attached to it. If your mother has had cake before, chances are that she already knows what a wedding cake tastes like.
This is not always the case. In Australia, a traditional wedding cake has always been a fruit cake with marzipan icing. Not many people still use fruit cake (and as a child I cannot tell you how disappointing it was to find out that the large beautifully decorated cake was actually fruit cake with marzipan icing :crazy2:), but it is tradition none-the-less.

I'm sure in other cultures/locations around the world, there is a specific style of cake which is traditional for weddings too.

This is not always the case. In Australia, a traditional wedding cake has always been a fruit cake with marzipan icing. Not many people still use fruit cake (and as a child I cannot tell you how disappointing it was to find out that the large beautifully decorated cake was actually fruit cake with marzipan icing :crazy2:), but it is tradition none-the-less.

I'm sure in other cultures/locations around the world, there is a specific style of cake which is traditional for weddings too.
Oh, that does sound disappointing!

I’m pretty sure OP is in the US. While it might be likely that some regions have a tradition of using certain flavors, it’s more customary for the bridal couple to have a cake tasting at their bakery of choice before they commit to any flavors.

I’m truthfully also side-eying the notion that OP’s mom never tasted a wedding cake. What are the odds of making it through adulthood without ever attending a wedding?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter