• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense taken, just trying to understand. The downside to online communication. Sometimes we're guessing what people mean.

We're all just frustrated with a lack of Disney improvements.

The other problem is...

What is a new theater and track on those two rides gonna accomplish?

If you theorize that it even cuts the wait by 1/3 - best case scenario...

Then you're looking at a "new improved" 45-60 minute wait on 9 and 7 year old rides that are really...lets be honest...not really spectacular rides by modern amusement standards.

I know...I'm a hater
Most rumors suggest the new track and or theater will be FP only.

The other problem is...

What is a new theater and track on those two rides gonna accomplish?

If you theorize that it even cuts the wait by 1/3 - best case scenario...

Then you're looking at a "new improved" 45-60 minute wait on 9 and 7 year old rides that are really...lets be honest...not really spectacular rides by modern amusement standards.

I know...I'm a hater

I think it will cut times by a lot more than that, and here is why. By increasing the FP+ availability, this likely will allow them to remove tiers from the two parks, and it will certainly happen when the new Frozen and Pixar/Star Wars rides open. Since now everyone can have a Soarin' FP that wants one, you won't have nearly as many people waiting in the SB line as you did before. Now it will only consist of people who want to ride it a 2nd time or people who did not know about FP+. Whereas now, there is a 3rd group. The people who used their tier 1 FP on Test Track or Illuminations or (bless their hearts) Living with the Land. I really wouldn't be shocked to see the wait times to drop by much more than 1/3. But I guess we'll see.

Keep in mind, that it also has to do with the size of the resort. The larger the resort, the more frequent the buses have to visit. SSR also needs separate buses for the Treehouse Villa's. Then you add boats to that also. Tons of transportation for some of these resorts.

However, the cost is per point--- the larger resorts have more points to divided the costs amongst...... The cost should even out---

I think it will cut times by a lot more than that, and here is why. By increasing the FP+ availability, this likely will allow them to remove tiers from the two parks, and it will certainly happen when the new Frozen and Pixar/Star Wars rides open. Since now everyone can have a Soarin' FP that wants one, you won't have nearly as many people waiting in the SB line as you did before. Now it will only consist of people who want to ride it a 2nd time or people who did not know about FP+. Whereas now, there is a 3rd group. The people who used their tier 1 FP on Test Track or Illuminations or (bless their hearts) Living with the Land. I really wouldn't be shocked to see the wait times to drop by much more than 1/3. But I guess we'll see.

You're making a big slip here...assuming new construction of rides/attractions with absolutely no "shovel proof" of them...

This case Star Wars.

What do we know?
Hat gone...older/less attractive rides/theaters shutdown...new track on toy story.

That is it...no Pixar place, Carsland, or Star Wars Ville.

Trust only the shovels.

You're making a big slip here...assuming new construction of rides/attractions with absolutely no "shovel proof" of them...

This case Star Wars.

What do we know?
Hat gone...older/less attractive rides/theaters shutdown...new track on toy story.

That is it...no Pixar place, Carsland, or Star Wars Ville.

Trust only the shovels.
People should just throw the carsland wish/hope out the window that's a lost cause just like the monsters door coaster that was supposed to happen.

People should just throw the carsland wish/hope out the window that's a lost cause just like the monsters door coaster that was supposed to happen.
Indeed, but I'm still thinking RSR's or some other E-Ticket will come to Pixar Place. The spinners backed up with a draw.

I've been waiting for those Pixar rides at WDW for close to 20 years. Haven't seen one other than TSMM, and that was their first movie.

I've been waiting for those Pixar rides at WDW for close to 20 years. Haven't seen one other than TSMM, and that was their first movie.
Well they are expanding that one attraction and it's rumored most the pixar additions will also be toy story.

Well they are expanding that one attraction and it's rumored most the pixar additions will also be toy story.

I guess we'll just have to wait an see. Although, does that mean in 20 years we'll see the cool rides based on Monsters, Inc., Cars, Incredibles, WALL-E, Up and Brave. Frustration again. I digress, although probably too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter