News Round Up 2016

Woof...Wow...$45 dollars for a whole pizza? Holy crow. Is that a joke? Someone must have hit their head pretty hard.

I guess you are paying for service - and at Disneyland I know people can camp out for good spots for parades for quite some time ... so they can bring food to you (though think there would be better options for food - corn dogs, Mickey bars, something)

I guess you are paying for service - and at Disneyland I know people can camp out for good spots for parades for quite some time ... so they can bring food to you (though think there would be better options for food - corn dogs, Mickey bars, something)

I can understand the benefit if you're solo. But you're right, pizza? Seems like it would be much easier if it was the normal fare (corn dogs, Mickey bars, etc).

Come to think of it, when I went on my solo trip in 2013 I got to talking to the family next to me. I started to get hungry and they said they would hold my spot for me. As a thank you I got them a bucket of popcorn. It was a pretty awesome interaction.

When we went to Disneyland in 2015 we camped out pretty long for Paint The Night. I had my fiance wait while I went to go get some food. We usually do the same for Wishes as well. Find our spots, then one of us goes off to get some snacks.

Is the big flower float in the second thumbnail, or is that a projection of a big flower on a water screen. I can't tell, but I find it interesting that was was supposed to be their center piece isn't easily identifiable (unless my eyes are just that bad).
There are 5 lotus flower floats. 4 smaller ones and one large one.

It's not just the NBA, the NFL and other leagues keep going way up too.

These rights fees will only continue to rise so long as there is someone willing to pay the price. It is no different than park admission prices, rates continue to rise because people continue to pay. At some point the increase will stop. The question is when do we reach that point. I have to think sports rights are reaching that point. NFL, MLB, NASCAR, and Golf each saw a decrease in viewers this year. Networks will not pay more for less.

See...it seems more like they are be violated in an inappropriate way...not being "serviced".

It is what it is.

Not sure how it's gonna affect parks...but stock watchers are really nervous about Disney in 2017.

Why? And this is classic - that they are having too good of a year in 2016 at the box office and have no hope to replicate it next due to a weaker slate of both Disney brands and Marvel films.

But that reason is secondary...because ESPN is now being referred to as a "disaster"...which was only implied to now.

Not a good forecast. They need to pivot away from ESPN in the worst way. A sale might be the best move.

But I'm guessing we're not getting "phase: me" and "phase: more" over at studios...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter