Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! Summer 2017 (replaces ToT)

The ride mechanism isn't changing. The décor and the preshow plus ride animations are changing. They're adding a soundtrack and the random drop sequence. Someone posted the link to the video interview in this thread that talks about what it will be like.

I just watched the video. I am not sure what to think of this new ride.
BTW, :thanks: again!

I can think of a ton of ways this would work better if it was Avengers themed. Remember the part when hulk is rampaging the downtown and ironman has to save people on a falling elevator and then they get jerked all around...hello it would be perfect. Why didnt they hire me as a consultant-oh yeah they dont care what I think :scratchin

But like someone said earlier, that if they were going to build an Avengers attraction they would probably build something much bigger and more technologically advanced, like RSR. It's one of Disney's most important IP's at this moment.

I for one am excited for the change!!!

My kids have no motivation to go on the ride, haven't a clue what the Twilight Zone is and quite frankly it doesn't even fit the the theme park anymore. I love the ride, but I am thrilled for the change as it makes it more relevant. Also, Disney will make a fortune on the Marvel store and pictures compared to the gift shop that nobody shops at right now.

Avengers tower would be very cool too.

My kids have no motivation to go on the ride, haven't a clue what the Twilight Zone is and quite frankly it doesn't even fit the the theme park anymore. I love the ride, but I am thrilled for the change as it makes it more relevant. Also, Disney will make a fortune on the Marvel store and pictures compared to the gift shop that nobody shops at right now.

I'm glad the new ride works out better for your family. But I think ToT fits the old Hollywood theme of the area far better than GotG will.

???? Well that would be dumb. Why get rid of the cool part and stick with the one ride that's as insignificant as GOTG will be in 10 years? Do you know how many days we've spent at DL in the last few years and only been on the Cartoon Spin once?!?! That ride doesn't appeal to anyone under 25, and those of us over 25 get to sick to ride it anyway. Not to mention it breaks down every half hour.

I am well over 25 and I do not get sick. My kids are well under 25 and they love it. The ride does not break down every half hour. Opinions are one thing falsehoods are another.

I'm glad the new ride works out better for your family. But I think ToT fits the old Hollywood theme of the area far better than GotG will.

I agree, but I think with this new change, it may not be Hollywood land for much longer :(

I am well over 25 and I do not get sick. My kids are well under 25 and they love it. The ride does not break down every half hour. Opinions are one thing falsehoods are another.

So are you saying you'd dump all of ToonTown and keep the Roger Rabbit ride? Because that's the point that I was discussing concerning a rumor someone posted. The rumor was to take out all of ToonTown but leave the Cartoon Spin. I just find it odd that in a thread about taking a top tier attraction and giving it an un-needed facelift, people are mad at me because they want to leave a ride alone that is desperate for relevance. I get it...Roger Rabbit was cool. But TBS and and USA don't even show that movie in syndication anymore. If the rumor is to take out Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy's House, and Chip&Dale's treehouse BUT leave Roger Rabbit around, that seems completely backwards to me. Just about all kids still love all of those Disney characters, but most don't know who Roger Rabbit is simply because he's slipped into cinema history. With Disney taking over Marvel, why not turn that ride into Spiderman's Web Spin and leave Mickey and the gang intact. That's the point I was trying to make...with some exaggeration for effect. Take it easy, folks.

How is that backwards? They are leaving in a ride that still draws crowds, while expanding on Fantasyland if they remove Toon Town, which again is just a rumor? Disney is smart. They know what draws big lines, and they know having the dedicated area's for Mickey and Minnie is a people eater. The issue with it though is it's in the far back corner of the park, next to a railroad stop that is out of service for the coming year. But you have this huge problem of taking your opinion, especially if it's a negative opinion against something you don't like or think it's not relevant, and bring it out as fact. And what's scary is the vast majority of your posts are the same way. Rumor about fireworks going away temporarily, get right on your soap box and scream that you'll have disney refund your ap's. Re-theme a ride to a movie you didn't care for, Oh Disney is putting something that isn't relevant and people don't know in it's place. Ride gets fast pass added, oh lines are now going to get longer because people will just use fastpass. I mean I can go on and on. But for someone who is so negative about Disney and always complaining about getting things comped because they do something you don't like, you sure seem to spend a lot of time there.

So are you saying you'd dump all of ToonTown and keep the Roger Rabbit ride? Because that's the point that I was discussing concerning a rumor someone posted. The rumor was to take out all of ToonTown but leave the Cartoon Spin. I just find it odd that in a thread about taking a top tier attraction and giving it an un-needed facelift, people are mad at me because they want to leave a ride alone that is desperate for relevance. I get it...Roger Rabbit was cool. But TBS and and USA don't even show that movie in syndication anymore. If the rumor is to take out Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy's House, and Chip&Dale's treehouse BUT leave Roger Rabbit around, that seems completely backwards to me. Just about all kids still love all of those Disney characters, but most don't know who Roger Rabbit is simply because he's slipped into cinema history. With Disney taking over Marvel, why not turn that ride into Spiderman's Web Spin and leave Mickey and the gang intact. That's the point I was trying to make...with some exaggeration for effect. Take it easy, folks.

Whatever point you were discussing, making untrue statements is problematic. You made absolute statements. Those statements were false. You then tried to pass them off as opinions.

Your *opinions* are valid whether I share them or not. If all you said was, "I think it's a terrible plan! I'd hate that and I think a lot of other people would too!" that would be totally reasonable. What you did was try to give your opinion the force of fact. So people told you your facts were inaccurate.

I haven't seen anyone mad about the idea of removing Roger Rabbit. (I'd be sad to see it go, but not angry.) I haven't seen anyone mad about the fact that you'd be happy to see it go. What I've seen was people objecting to absolutist statements that are demonstrably false.

Anyone that's not a tiny child is doing themselves a disservice not knowing what The Twilight Zone is, imo.

Sad to see it go, but also happy to ride a new attraction. I can understand some people's disappointment and it's sad to see dramatic changes. But you have to look at it in a business perspective. Most of DL is filled with Annual Passholders and alot of them are young. Many of the diehard older disney fans don't ride TOT. TOT is one of 3 rides that is meant to attract teenagers. The theme of GOG is a great choice imo. I can already see the billboards in LA.

Except for Disney had absolutely nothing to do with the movie. All disney does is sign the checks. You don't even see anything about Disney in the credits. As is, your whole rant is so full of typos and rambling I can't even tell what else you're complaining about.

I had a great response to this user. I decided it wasn't worth it, you can't reason with a person that's made up his/her mind.

Why does this all sound like they're following the Universal Islands of Adventure plan.....or just plain old following Universal. People used to poopoo the thought but it feels like Disney is looking at Universal and going "dang - we need to do that too!".

The time and $$$'s spent to make DCA a more cohesive experience is now about to have the clock turned back by your description. It still wasn't perfect but it was way better. Plans must also include a name change for the park I would think?

Nothing wrong with Disney learning/following from Universal. I'm sure Universal did the same thing. Competition is great for both sides as it forces them to make a better product than the other rather than being complacent. It is also great for the consumer since I don't have to choose between one or the other.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. What I don't agree with is the false accusations and borderline death threats to Joe Rhode and The Walt Disney Company in other threads and people acting like their life is ending because Disney is choosing to re-theme an attraction. We are better than that. It's very possible that there is another reason they have done this rather than a "cash grab." Disney does not own the rights to The Twilight Zone... Maybe they don't want to pay whatever royalties they have to anymore? Why should they if they would rather invest that money into the park? Maybe they honestly thought that this is going to be popular? Guardians of the Galaxy was one of the highest grossing movies to come out the year it did.

Me, you, or the Disboards wouldn't be here if we didn't want to make our voices heard and wanted to post our opinions, but this is on a whole other level.

EDIT: Now that I think about it... The Twilight Zone isn't even associated with Disney besides ToT. Am I wrong?

I enjoyed your response. It's crazy to see how one track minded some Disney Fans are. The whole point of re-theming this ride is to attract the younger crowd to DL and grow popularity once the older Disney Fans are dead and gone. I've met Joe Rhode personally while working at Aulani, he was extremely down to earth and cared so much in representing Disney and also the culture of each attraction or resort. I'm appalled how ridiculous some of these comments are. You can't change the opinion of people who have already made up their mind.

But didn't Disney spend a lot of money building Hollywood land? It seems like an awful lot of trouble to rename the park or getting rid of that theme to make room for Marvel Land.

But didn't Disney spend a lot of money building Hollywood land? It seems like an awful lot of trouble to rename the park or getting rid of that theme to make room for Marvel Land.

Did they spend a lot of money? Except for the trolley they didn't really add anything new to Hollywood Land when they revamped DCA a few years ago. So I'd say it's a wash when you consider how they tore out the entire front of the park and redid that. Now that was a lot of wasted money. Not that I don't like the new look, I do. But all of the initial investment was thrown out the window. That's all they would be losing if they change the back area of Hollywood to Marvel. There isn't much new back there.

Did they spend a lot of money? Except for the trolley they didn't really add anything new to Hollywood Land when they revamped DCA a few years ago. So I'd say it's a wash when you consider how they tore out the entire front of the park and redid that. Now that was a lot of wasted money. Not that I don't like the new look, I do. But all of the initial investment was thrown out the window. That's all they would be losing if they change the back area of Hollywood to Marvel. There isn't much new back there.

I can't believe this is what it looked like previously before the renovation...
dcapreview_map112600tm.jpg

Now it looks like this...
113565_orig.jpg

And this is the old entrance...
8023719564_d72a314b6f_o.jpg

New...
DisneyCaliforniaAdventure.jpg

That theme is gone and has been for a while though...it never really worked. They call it Hollywood land, but it's been Marvel, Monsters Inc and Mad Tea Party in reality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter