Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! Summer 2017 (replaces ToT)

MickeyMinnieMom

If you ticket it, they will come... ;)
Has this been posted yet??

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...disney-california-adventure-park-summer-2017/

I had heard rumors but this is the first I've heard an official announcement...

"Today at San Diego Comic-Con, Kevin Feige, President of Marvel Studios, announced to a packed house of fans that the Guardians of the Galaxy are coming to Disney California Adventure park!

Beginning in summer 2017, the outrageous and irreverent gang will appear in Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! – a comically high-energy, rocking new adventure. Guests will be right in the mix with characters from the blockbuster “Guardians of the Galaxy” films.

Deep inside his fortress-like collection, the mysterious Taneleer Tivan (aka The Collector) is displaying his newest acquisitions, the Guardians of the Galaxy. They are trapped in customized display cases, suspended over a vast abyss. Unbeknownst to their unscrupulous captor, the intrepid Rocket has escaped and is enlisting the Collector’s VIP guests for help. Guests board a gantry lift, which launches them into a chaotic and hilarious adventure as they join Rocket in an attempt to break his fellow Guardians out of captivity.

GOTGInt610.jpg

The new attraction will anchor a broader universe of Super Heroes that will grow over time at Disney California Adventure park. This exciting new presence will transform the structure currently housing The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ (scheduled to close in early 2017) into an epic new adventure, enhancing the breathtaking free fall sensation with all-new visual and audio effects to create a variety of ride experiences. Guests will experience multiple random, unique ride profiles in which the rise and fall of the gantry lift will rock to the beat of music inspired by the film’s popular soundtrack.

GOTGShow610.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! opens summer 2017 at Disney California Adventure park. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog as we’ll bring you more details as the attraction develops as well as opportunities to celebrate The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ before it closes in early 2017.

The Twilight Zone® is a registered trademark of CBS, Inc. and is used with permission pursuant to a license from CBS, Inc."

I'm disappointed (I love the Twilight Zone!!!) but like I said in the other ToT thread in the community board, I was happy to see Joe Rohde involved. He does some very creative and immersive stuff. He did make it sound pretty good...

i really cannot believe they are actually going through with this.
i'll be there at the end of june next year and i was really hoping to experience the DCA version of TOT again because while i like the orig9inal WDW version much better i did like a bit of a change up.
i certainly hope they never consider changing the WDW version with a new theme entriely.
i can understand changing ellen's universe of energy but not TOT!!!

How on earth are they closing it in early 2017 and reopening by summer 2017???? They can't build a simple parking garage in less than 2 years or retheme a way less complicated attraction (Frozen at Epcot) in anything short of YEARS. Sigh.

Does anyone know what date in early January? I get to the parks on the 14th, and am hoping we can still ride ToT one last time.

I'll miss ToT... but that drawing looks awesome. At least it isn't closing down until next year!

It did sound like a fast turn around to me as well- but the hardest parts are already done. The ride is already built and working. They're really just doing a massive redecorating (no matter how enthusiastic the guy in the video sounds, they're just redecorating a ride). Now- what's next for Mavel Land?!

I saw the Disney60th YouTube channel. And then knew the rumors were confirmed. SMH I love ToT and have great memories attached. But yet another death in the classic disney family. These parks are becoming so changed, that at some point I probably wil no longer really know them. And if that happens, then it is time to stop visiting all together. All of the changes that have or will be taking place, that i'm thinking of, including this gofg debacle is just so extremely disappointing and sad to me.

Im going to miss this ride. I'll be at DCA tomorrow I think I'll ride it all day.

Visit for me too please. :)
I am looking at being there next February. Sigh....
What next? Thor meets and battles for RSR? Can't they redo bugs land for g o g?
First p c. changes to potc then the movie add ins. Hmh, Court of Angels, circle d and big thunder ranchs being changed, destroyed or made off limits, now this insult. I can't even stand it. I feel an aneurysm coming on. :(

Visit for me too please. :)
I am looking at being there next February. Sigh....
What next? Thor meets and battles for RSR? Can't they redo bugs land for g o g?
First p c. changes to potc then the movie add ins. Hmh, Court of Angels, circle d and big thunder ranchs being changed, destroyed or made off limits, now this insult. I can't even stand it. I feel an aneurysm coming on. :(
I'll ride once for you Gisele! I miss big thunder ranch too :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter