Dis Friends are the best friends! A perfect trip in so many ways even without a ride on Dinosaur!12/7-12/11 Christmas Trip

Being able to watch HEA in my jammies all snuggled under the covers really was a great way to end a couple evenings when I couldn't get to MK to watch them live. I'm so glad that worked well for you, too! ❤️

And your HS day sounds just about perfect! I love those breakfast ronto roasters. I should try making them one weekend. 😋

I find the early opening to be especially valuable at DHS. There are rides we really don't do, like TSM, outside of early opening. It is much easier to enter the park during early hours than to try and enter right at general park opening.
You can do so much at DHS with that extra 1/2 hour. It makes a huge difference!
We saw the Echo Lake Christmas decorations at night and they were very pretty. :)
The parks really shine at night. :goodvibes
That's so cool! I don't know that we have a Mando/Grogu meet at our park.
It was so fun to see Caroline, Mando and Grogu together. :)
That's why I use Google docs on my phone, I take notes and update them further when waiting in lines and on the busses.
Good idea!
Always fun to peruse the shops.
Definitely! A little hard to stay on budget though.
Being able to watch HEA in my jammies all snuggled under the covers really was a great way to end a couple evenings when I couldn't get to MK to watch them live. I'm so glad that worked well for you, too! ❤️
It really is great! :)

Dinner with the princesses and Candlelight Processional!

After a lovely rest in the room and a change, we were ready to head out to Epcot. We made sure to pack rain gear as there was a big weather system moving in that we weren't feeling too happy about. We hopped in a Lyft again (so convenient!) and were quickly at the front gates. We had dinner reservations at 4pm, an ILL for Guardians and a date with Walt! Well, the new Walt statue that is. This was a really special moment and quite emotional for both of us. If only he knew the joy, the adventure and the friendships his parks have brought to all of us. The world wouldn't be the same without him.

IMG_4504.jpeg
Words to live by.

IMG_1088.jpeg

IMG_1091.jpeg
We were wiping away tears at the end of this. I adore the new Dreamer's Point area and feel this a really lovely area to gather and connect.

Our ILL for Guardians was next so we headed off to save rock and roll from extinction. Our song this time was Disco Inferno which was awesome! Now I've had "Conga" (x3), "One Way or Another" (x2), "September" (x2) and "Disco Inferno". Just "I Ran"and "Everyone Wants to Rule the World" to go!
IMG_0923.jpeg

The park was much less crowded and not as hot as yesterday so it was a much better experience. We were dining at Akershus for the Princess Storybook Dining as our Candlelight Processional Package. Here's what was on offer........ Field Greens Salad with Lingonberry Vinaigrette, Lefse with Cardamom-Cinnamon Butter, Traditional KjØttkake: Norwegian Meatballs, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Grilled Salmon with Herbed Butter, Green Beans, Red Cabbage, Macaroni & Cheese, Kylling og Melboller: Norwegian Chicken and Dumplings and Corn Dog Nuggets. Needless to say it was a lot of food! The salad was excellent as well as the Lefse. I loved the red cabbage, the green beans, the salmon and the meatballs. The chicken stew was really good too but I just didn't have the stomach space left! I was really impressed with the quality of the food. The princesses were really fun too. As a boy mom, you can imagine princess dinners were never high on our list! Here we both are with Belle. The lighting was really weird near our table so it was hard to get good pictures.

IMG_4511.JPEG

IMG_4515.JPEG

We had Belle, Snow White, Tiana, Ariel and Aurora visit us. It was a lot of fun but not something I need to do again.

Following dinner we headed off to Living with the Land with the evening illuminations. First we went past the gorgeous Epcot tree. Everything looked so beautiful!

IMG_4529.JPEG

IMG_4536.JPEG

IMG_4538.JPEG

IMG_4539.JPEG
We made a ILL for Soarin' over California as soon as we tapped into LwtL. It was great to experience this again. We decided to head to Moana's Living Water exhibit next before it was time for us to catch the last Candlelight show.

Last edited:
Epcot evening continued!

Next up was Moana's Living Water. This was so fun to explore and I can see it being really popular with families.
IMG_4544.JPEG

The ocean!
IMG_4550.JPEG

IMG_4543.JPEG

It was so much fun to explore all the interactive elements. The technology behind this experience is pretty cool.
IMG_4552.JPEG

Some fun nightime photos at Dreamer's Point!
IMG_1096.jpeg

IMG_1093.jpeg
It was time for our Candlelight Processional so we made our way back to World Showcase to line up. Our celebrity narrator was Marlee Matin. The show was spectacular as always. Nothing can compare to this experience.
IMG_4556.JPEG

Love the tree on stage!

After the show we found a spot for Luminous. There were parts I really liked and parts that were just meh. I liked it better than Harmonious but I am an Illuminations girl for life.

Now is where my memory fails me... I know we got a Lyft back to the hotel but did we get one from Beach Club or did we walk all the way to the front of the park? Caroline, do you know? All I can say is it was another perfect day. :goodvibes

We made sure to pack rain gear as there was a big weather system moving in that we weren't feeling too happy about
Put the dome up!
a date with Walt! Well, the new Walt statue that is. This was a really special moment and quite emotional for both of us. If only he knew the joy, the adventure and the friendships his parks have brought to all of us. The world wouldn't be the same without him.
Well said. :hug:
Our song this time was Disco Inferno which was awesome
:thumbsup2
IMG_0923.jpeg
Go hair!
We were dining at Akershus for the Princess Storybook Dining
Nice. Haven’t done dinner there. Did Princess breakfast once.
As a boy mom, you can imagine princess dinners were never high on our list!
:laughing: no I suppose not.
It was a lot of fun but not something I need to do again.
Nowadays I usually tell them I don’t need to see characters.
First we went past the gorgeous Epcot tree. Everything looked so beautiful!
Need to go back during the season. :)

Next up was Moana's Living Water. This was so fun to explore and I can see it being really popular with families.
Looking forward to seeing this some day.
Nice shot with SE in the background.
Like this shot of the two of you. :)
Our celebrity narrator was Marlee Matin.
Did she sign as well, while she was narrating?
After the show we found a spot for Luminous. There were parts I really liked and parts that were just meh. I liked it better than Harmonious but I am an Illuminations girl for life.
Haven't seen that either yet. So much to see/do!

Hi Everyone!

This evening was very magical despite the rain!☔

I loved getting a picture with Walt and as Susan said it was very emotional. I had such a wave of emotions run through me when I sat down next to Walt. It was wonderful and I think the statue and courtyard are a perfect area for Walt to watch over everyone!
IMG_2024-02-18-143112.jpg
I was excited to ride Guardians again and I have to say each time I ride it, I love it more!
IMG_2024-02-18-143201.jpg
The music really is such a cool way to experience the ride. This was the second time I have had Disco Inferno and at that time only rode 3 times.

The park was like night and day difference than the day before. Crowds were manageable and I didn’t feel like running out of there. Hahaha 😝

I will agree with Susan on the dinner. It was very nice and it was fun to meet all the Princesses that evening. I thought the food was very good. The salmon and meatballs were my favorites. Our waiter was from Norway and he was very nice! It is good to see the International cast members back!

Here I am with Aurora, Tiana, and Ariel.
IMG_2024-02-18-143246.jpg
IMG_2024-02-18-144845.jpg
IMG_2024-02-18-143453.jpg
After dinner, it was raining out. I went into the restroom to change into my LWTL Tshirt and to put my poncho on.

It was a priority for us to ride LWTL to see the shimmering greenhouse in all its beauty! It did not disappoint.
IMG_2024-02-18-143604.jpg
Here I am with my Christmas LWTL shirt. Thank you Susan for getting the picture!
IMG_2024-02-18-143717.jpg
We had another ride on Soarin before venturing back out in the rain. It was really just a drizzle now.
IMG_2024-02-18-143800.jpg
I was really excited to see The Moana water feature. You walk through different variations of water. You travel from the Sky to the Ocean and back again. It was really cool and not very crowded. We were able to get some nice pictures and try some of the features.
IMG_2024-02-18-143850.jpg
We decided on a hot beverage after this and went into Starbucks. Susan had an Earl Gray Tea and I had a peppermint mocha. We took our drinks and headed to the Candlelight processional! Here is the lighted area outside of Creations it is really cool
IMG_2024-02-18-143939.jpg

CP was very enjoyable and emotional for me! Some of the Christmas songs make me cry every time! It was not very busy this evening and we could have walked right up and had a decent seat. I think the rain was a factor tonight.

We did watch Luminous and I am much more a hater than Susan was 😝 I did not care for it at all. It was depressing and disjointed in my opinion. I agree with Susan and also love Illuminations! This was by far the best Epcot show and that is why it ran so long. Bring it back!!

I do remember walking out of the International Gateway to get a Lyft at BC. This is a no brainer when you are back deep in the WS and we took advantage of that. I remember driving up to our resort and seeing the gorgeous tower with the red and green lights shimmering off of it.

We were tired and decided to call it a night rather than head up to Dalia for a drink! That place is really awesome but both of us chose to relax in our room, it was our last night! 😓

I still managed to get a little tipsy the next day with just one drink! Stay tuned for our last day of this wonderful Christmas trip!

We were wiping away tears at the end of this. I adore the new Dreamer's Point area and feel this a really lovely area to gather and connect.
I think they did a very good job with the statue. It really looks like Walt himself. :)
As a boy mom, you can imagine princess dinners were never high on our list!
I need my sister along with me to do some of the girl stuff. :)
It was so much fun to explore all the interactive elements. The technology behind this experience is pretty cool.
This is a really well-designed area. Kids love to play with water. and this gives them plenty of chances to play around. It is best when it isn't too crowded.
Here I am with my Christmas LWTL shirt.
That is a cute shirt. Did any of the CM's notice it?
CP was very enjoyable and emotional for me! Some of the Christmas songs make me cry every time!
Some of the songs make me cry, too. We saw the CP in 2022 when a relative unknown was the host. We got good seats using the standby line. He was very good and we were glad we came that night.

I loved getting a picture with Walt and as Susan said it was very emotional. I had such a wave of emotions run through me when I sat down next to Walt.
Awww. :)
The music really is such a cool way to experience the ride.
::yes::
Crowds were manageable and I didn’t feel like running out of there. Hahaha 😝
:laughing: Does make all the difference, though, doesn't it?
Our waiter was from Norway and he was very nice!
That is nice. I love the international CMs.
It was a priority for us to ride LWTL to see the shimmering greenhouse in all its beauty! It did not disappoint.
Some day...
Love the shots with the reflections.
You travel from the Sky to the Ocean and back again.
Sounds really interesting. This too... some day...
Some of the Christmas songs make me cry every time!
:hug:
We did watch Luminous and I am much more a hater than Susan was 😝
:laughing:
You sure know how to sell it!
I still managed to get a little tipsy the next day with just one drink!
:lmao:

GotG is wild! I must remember to bring hair ties next time!
Well said. :hug:
I couldn't magine my life without the friends I have made through Disney.
Nowadays I usually tell them I don’t need to see characters.
Really? So what would the point be in going to a character meal and not seeing characters? There's better food quality/value out there.
Need to go back during the season. :)
Yes, you do!!
Looking forward to seeing this some day.
You will love it! I'm surprised you don't have a trip in the works.
Nice shot with SE in the background.
Thank you!
Did she sign as well, while she was narrating?
I think she signed the whole time and there was a gentleman who spoke. Marlee spoke briefly at the beginning and at the end.
Haven't seen that either yet. So much to see/do!
There sure is!
I loved getting a picture with Walt and as Susan said it was very emotional. I had such a wave of emotions run through me when I sat down next to Walt. It was wonderful and I think the statue and courtyard are a perfect area for Walt to watch over everyone!
It's the best!
The park was like night and day difference than the day before. Crowds were manageable and I didn’t feel like running out of there. Hahaha 😝
It was SO much better!
Our waiter was from Norway and he was very nice! It is good to see the International cast members back!
He was really great. I loved that he told us a bit about himself and his travel plans.
Here I am with Aurora, Tiana, and Ariel.
Your pictures turned out so much better! I think I forgot to put the flash on my phone.
Love this holiday layover.
Here I am with my Christmas LWTL shirt. Thank you Susan for getting the picture!
It’s such a great shirt! You always look cute in your photos!
I was really excited to see The Moana water feature. You walk through different variations of water. You travel from the Sky to the Ocean and back again. It was really cool and not very crowded. We were able to get some nice pictures and try some of the features.
I loved this!
We decided on a hot beverage after this and went into Starbucks. Susan had an Earl Gray Tea and I had a peppermint mocha. We took our drinks and headed to the Candlelight processional! Here is the lighted area outside of Creations it is really cool
I completely forgot about going to Starbucks! You do have a great memory! I don’t think we had an adult beverage at all on Sunday? Unless I made a G&T back in the room.
CP was very enjoyable and emotional for me! Some of the Christmas songs make me cry every time! It was not very busy this evening and we could have walked right up and had a decent seat. I think the rain was a factor tonight.
I couldn’t believe how many empty seats there were!
We were tired and decided to call it a night rather than head up to Dalia for a drink! That place is really awesome but both of us chose to relax in our room, it was our last night! 😓
Last nights are sad!
I still managed to get a little tipsy the next day with just one drink! Stay tuned for our last day of this wonderful Christmas trip!
That drink may have been small but it was mighty!!

We had dinner reservations at 4pm, an ILL for Guardians and a date with Walt! Well, the new Walt statue that is.
So I forgot did you buy Genie+ or was this a one and done, or do you need to buy Genie+ to purchase individual rides?
Our ILL for Guardians was next
I can't wait to ride this in April!
I'm looking forward to checking this out as well!
All I can say is it was another perfect day. :goodvibes
:goodvibes
It was wonderful and I think the statue and courtyard are a perfect area for Walt to watch over everyone!
So much new that I have to see in April!!
I'll have to remember this for December. I wouldn't have thought that this ride got a holiday makeover.
Stay tuned for our last day of this wonderful Christmas trip!
popcorn::

I couldn't magine my life without the friends I have made through Disney.
:goodvibes
Really? So what would the point be in going to a character meal and not seeing characters? There's better food quality/value out there.
If you're travelling with someone who insists on, oh... say... eating at CP but doesn't want to see characters... or Cindy's but doesn't care either.

:rolleyes:
You will love it! I'm surprised you don't have a trip in the works.
Maybe next year? :confused3
I think she signed the whole time and there was a gentleman who spoke. Marlee spoke briefly at the beginning and at the end.
Oh! So she didn't speak and sign. That's interesting!

I think they did a very good job with the statue. It really looks like Walt himself. :)
Agreed! It's really special. :)
I need my sister along with me to do some of the girl stuff. :)
Girls trips are great for that!
This is a really well-designed area. Kids love to play with water. and this gives them plenty of chances to play around. It is best when it isn't too crowded.
It's such a fun immersive area! I loved playing with the ocean waves.
That is nice. I love the international CMs.
Same! It adds a depth of experience rather than the standard Disney CMs. Not that they are not awesome but it's fun to talk with people from other parts of the world.
Another awesome day!
It really was! :goodvibes
I was surprised I remembered that! We did each have a beer at Baseline but I think that was it.
I had so many items listed on the Festival of the Holidays booth that I wanted to try and did not try any of them! This is why we need to go back in December.
Probably because I was taking your pictures haha 😆 My new 14 pro does take great pictures

Thank you so much! You are very kind
I am going to need to upgrade my phone. I still have my XR!
So I forgot did you buy Genie+ or was this a one and done, or do you need to buy Genie+ to purchase individual rides?
We did buy Genie + for this day. We also bought a separate ILL for Guardians.
I can't wait to ride this in April!
You will love it!
I'm looking forward to checking this out as well!
So many fun new things to do!
If you're travelling with someone who insists on, oh... say... eating at CP but doesn't want to see characters... or Cindy's but doesn't care either.
I guess it's just hard to me to imagine why anyone would go to a character restaurant and not see characters. It's kind of the whole point.
Maybe next year? :confused3
Hopefully! I actually booked a last minute March Break trip since I won't be going this August.

Same! It adds a depth of experience rather than the standard Disney CMs. Not that they are not awesome but it's fun to talk with people from other parts of the world.
::yes::
I guess it's just hard to me to imagine why anyone would go to a character restaurant and not see characters. It's kind of the whole point.
Wellll... One wanted the buffet at CP, but not the characters. Another wanted to eat in the castle, but was fine with just eating and experiencing the ambiance.

Thanks for sharing your experience in this new area. I didn't get a chance to spend time here in December. I plan to make a real effort to rectify that. I want that photo with Walt too. Your photos came out so good.

We were dining at Akershus for the Princess Storybook Dining as our Candlelight Processional Package.

I haven't had dinner here since 2012 when the menu was very different. We're stuck with breakfast since then

Following dinner we headed off to Living with the Land with the evening illuminations.

Love the Christmas overlay at LWTL.

Love this area! Your nighttime photos are gorgeous! I need to spend some time here at night.

It was time for our Candlelight Processional so we made our way back to World Showcase to line up. Our celebrity narrator was Marlee Matin. The show was spectacular as always. Nothing can compare to this experience.

Another great experience for Christmas. I love CP. It took us years to finally do it and now I hate to miss it. The music is so beautiful!

You really make me want to do this.

Love it!

IMG_2024-02-18-143717.jpg

So cute!!!

Here is the lighted area outside of Creations it is really cool
IMG_2024-02-18-143939.jpg
Something else we missed and I really need to see. Thanks for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter