Dis Friends are the best friends! A perfect trip in so many ways even without a ride on Dinosaur!12/7-12/11 Christmas Trip

An improvement on once every 3 days.
It's getting there! Although I am used to no housekeeping with DVC. For us, it's toels and trash on day 4 and full clean on day 8.
You're de-pickling yourself!
Well I hope I wasn't pickled but it definitely feels good to take a break. :)
Oh, nothing I'm sure. Disney loves to provide free perks, ya know.
Of course! :rolleyes:
I've been staying with DVC for so long, I've gotten to the point that I feel like when the people come in to clean, they're invading my space. I suppose as I start to stay in more hotels I'll get over that feeling.
Same! I like a clean tidy room but I tend to keep it that way myself anyway.
I hate when stuff doesnt work properly. I've had that happen recently on both TSMM and Webslingers.
With the amount we pay to go, the attractions should be working properly.
No way! I'm going to remember that!
It's great!
So I'll let you ladies know that based on this TR, Jill and I have booked a trip next December. She recently began Full time "Work from Home" so starting 12/10/24 we will be staying at Kidani. She'll fly in after work and spend the next three days working from the room. We will have evenings for dining and merriment. Then we move to Bay Lake Tower and have three full days to tour. She's taking Mon & Tues off, and we will fly home Tuesday 12/17/24. Thanks for the inspiration!
Yay!! It really is the perfect time of year to go.
That is wonderful! Susan and I are thinking about going back this December as well. I’m not sure of dates or if it will happen but it would be awesome to have a meet up and a drink!
Yes!! I think our December trip should become an annual tradition. :)
:thanks: It wasa really nice trip! Hard to be back to reality!
Coming back to routine is so hard!

I can’t believe, I didn’t know we could stream HEA on the TV! This was amazing! I could see all the projections up close, I loved it!
We just got back from a 4-night stay at the WL with a courtyard view. They broadcast the Happily Ever After music in the courtyard, as well as at Geyser Point. We were able to hear it in our room with the balcony door closed. It was great. We also watched HEA on the TV. It is the best way to see the projections. :)

Today we decided to go to DHS since that was the only parked we missed on our 4 park tour.
IMG_2024-02-10-082618.jpg
IMG_2024-02-10-082449.jpg
I am so glad we waited because this morning was a perfect and magical time in the park.
IMG_2024-02-10-082258.jpg
IMG_2024-02-10-082516.jpg
We spent time checking out the old fashioned Hollywood decorations and rode several of our favorite rides!

My picture times show we went to TSM first!
IMG_2024-02-10-082320.jpg
We went into GE next.

IMG_2024-02-10-082542.jpg
We decided to try the breakfast Ronto wrap and we both loved this! It was delicious and perfect little breakfast. We shared it.

I wanted to meet Mando and Grogu. The CM in the market area told us where to wait.
IMG_2024-02-10-082337.jpg
He came out right at 10:00. I was really excited and in true fan girl form! :cheer2:

Mando invited me up to see Grogu and said he loves my snack shirt. He was so cute!🥰
IMG_2024-02-10-082401.jpg
This was a definite highlight for me!
IMG_2024-02-10-082423.jpg
We decided to see about meeting Santa next. He was meeting in the Christmas shoppe in the Muppet Courtyard. The meet was a virtual queue. We signed up and literally within 5 minutes it was time to join the line.

This was such a wonderful meetup! Santa was amazing and we really enjoyed visiting with him.

We had an early lunch snack at Baseline. We enjoyed the pretzel with beer cheese and the sweet and spicy almonds! Yum! We both had the Pilsner beer to wash it all down with.

I took a ton of pictures this morning unlike the night before, lol 😆
IMG_2024-02-10-082644.jpg
I know we rode TSM, Slinky Dog, ToT because of my photos

Susan will let us all know if we rode more things.

I was so happy we didn’t try to do DHS the day before because this morning was just perfect! 🤩

IMG_2024-02-10-082449.jpg
Great shot of you!
We spent time checking out the old fashioned Hollywood decorations and rode several of our favorite rides!
Sounds like a pretty great day. :)
We decided to try the breakfast Ronto wrap and we both loved this!
Haven’t heard of the breakfast one. Will have to give it a try.
He came out right at 10:00. I was really excited and in true fan girl form! :cheer2:
:laughing:
Mando invited me up to see Grogu and said he loves my snack shirt.
:)
This was such a wonderful meetup! Santa was amazing and we really enjoyed visiting with him.
Who doesn’t love the big guy?
Seems precarious

I've heard positive things about the breakfast Ronto Wrap. Glad you enjoyed it!
How great that you were able to meet Mando and Grogu. Especially with your shirt selection!

It's always special when the park day turns out even better than you could have hoped for. :goodvibes

We just got back from a 4-night stay at the WL with a courtyard view. They broadcast the Happily Ever After music in the courtyard, as well as at Geyser Point. We were able to hear it in our room with the balcony door closed. It was great. We also watched HEA on the TV. It is the best way to see the projections. :)
Love that they pipe in the HEA music at Geyser. You can see some of the higher fireworks from the edge of the water too.
I am so glad we waited because this morning was a perfect and magical time in the park.
It was magical in every way!
Two other rides first that we managed during early entry. :)
We went into GE next.
I loved exploring GE as it was so uncrowded in the early morning.
We decided to try the breakfast Ronto wrap and we both loved this! It was delicious and perfect little breakfast. We shared it.
It was so good. Way better than the one with the pork.
I wanted to meet Mando and Grogu. The CM in the market area told us where to wait.
We had the perfect location.

Mando invited me up to see Grogu and said he loves my snack shirt. He was so cute!🥰
I loved watching you with Mando and Grogu. It was such a magical moment. :goodvibes
It was the best!!! Oh my gosh I just loved every minute.
We had an early lunch snack at Baseline. We enjoyed the pretzel with beer cheese and the sweet and spicy almonds! Yum! We both had the Pilsner beer to wash it all down with.
This was SO delicious!
I was so happy we didn’t try to do DHS the day before because this morning was just perfect! 🤩
Plus the CM told us that the park had reached capacity the day before. Thank goodness we waited.
We had a picture perfect morning! 👏😍
❤️
You saw a whole lot more of the Christmas decorations at DHS that day than we did the week before. It looks like a perfect day, too. :)
It could not have been a better day!
Sounds like a pretty great day. :)
It really was!
Haven’t heard of the breakfast one. Will have to give it a try.
So delicious!
Who doesn’t love the big guy?
I can't imagine who wouldn't love Santa!
It's always special when the park day turns out even better than you could have hoped for. :goodvibes
It certainly is and that was absolutely the case today.:goodvibes

It really was the perfect morning at DHS!

I went in search of coffee for us this morning while Caroline hopped online to get us Genie+ for the day and lock down a ride on Slinky Dog. We opted for a Lyft to the park which worked perfectly. Staying at Gran Destino we were only about 10 minutes away from DHS by car. We waltzed through security and through the tapstiles. Our first plan of action was Tower of Terror which was a walk on!
We had a terrific drop sequence that was so much fun!
FAA20CC3-0DC8-453A-89DB-D9345E4EBEFB.jpeg

Next up was a walk on for MInnie and Mickey's Runaway Railroad! We were so pleased with ourselves. Two major rides under our belts and it wasn't even the official park open yet! That extra 1/2 hour can really work in your favour if you time it right.

We headed to Toy Story Land next for fun on Toy Story Midway Mania. I beat my personal best by a bit but couldn't hold a candle to Caroline! I love this queue and was so happy to see the Mr Potato Head animantronic working perfectly.
IMG_4475.jpeg

IMG_4476.jpeg

Of course I had to get a picture with Hamm too!

IMG_4479.jpeg

Our Slinky Dog ILL was up next and was super fun as always. We debated getting something from Woody's Lunchbox but weren't really feeling the options there. We passed on Alien Swirling Saucers as Caroline didn't want to aggravate her back.

Heading into Galaxy's Edge we were happy to take in the atmosphere and get some photopass pictures.
IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg
We decided to head to Ronto Roasters and split the yummy morning Ronto wrap which was so good! The warm egg and cheese really makes it.

IMG_4481.jpeg

It was fun exploring the marketplace and we had the perfect place to wait for Mando and Grogu. I loved watching Caroline interact with them, it was simply magical. :)

Next up was our meet with Santa. Caroline already posted our awesome pictures from this meet and I can tell you it was one of the best meets I have ever experienced. True and perfect Disney magic in every way.:goodvibes

IMG_1069.jpg

Last edited:
Our first plan of action was Tower of Terror which was a walk on!

Next up was a walk on for MInnie and Mickey's Runaway Railroad! We were so pleased with ourselves. Two major rides under our belts and it wasn't even the official park open yet! That extra 1/2 hour can really work in your favour if you time it right.
I knew we did ToT because of the picture, just wasn’t sure of the time. I also thought we did MMRR but I didn’t have any photographs of this so started to doubt myself! Thank you for your great memory. I need to take you on all my trips! :rotfl:

it was such a wonderful morning! Andi really beat me on TSM this trip! She was way over 200,000. I stayed the same as a beaver!

I knew we did ToT because of the picture, just wasn’t sure of the time. I also thought we did MMRR but I didn’t have any photographs of this so started to doubt myself! Thank you for your great memory. I need to take you on all my trips! :rotfl:
Sure! I'll be the official walking memory keeper!
it was such a wonderful morning! Andi really beat me on TSM this trip! She was way over 200,000. I stayed the same as a beaver!
Andi is incredible on all those games! How does she do it???

DHS morning continued!

After our amazing time in Galaxy's Edge, we made our way towards Gertie and the Hollywood Studios main tree. On the way, we noticed that the line for Olaf was only about 10 minutes and we happily hopped in for a fun meet and greet.

Afterwards I was excited to see Chip and Dale out in their festive attire and had to jump in for a picture!
IMG_4489.jpeg

We decided to head to Baseline next as we were feeling in need of some sustenance. We went for the awesome pretzel, the spiced almonds and the pilsners. Perfect little pick up at the early hour of 11 am!
IMG_4490.jpeg
We were both enamored of the gorgeous tree in the middle of Echo Lake and of course all the fun vintage Christmas decor!
IMG_4491.jpeg

I am obsessed with the fawns!
IMG_4497.jpeg
IMG_4495.jpeg
And Rudolph too!

IMG_4492.jpeg
Of course Gertie never fails to impress! Look how cute she is decked out for the holidays!
IMG_4493.jpeg
Some random thoughts as we took in the sights....

It really could not have been a more perfect morning. We made our way to the front of the park and peeked through the shops. We each bought an adorable Chip and Dale 100 Christmas ornament and I looked for pins. Caroline made a stop at Guest Services to try and locate some missing photopass pictures while I visited some other big pin boards. We were ready to head back for a rest before our big night at Epcot. It was time to explore more of the Festival of the Holidays, dine at a new to us restaurant and watch our beloved Candlelight Processional. That's coming up soon!

We waltzed through security and through the tapstiles.
Niiice
Love TOT.
You look like you’re having fun… Caroline, not so much! :laughing:
Next up was a walk on for MInnie and Mickey's Runaway Railroad! We were so pleased with ourselves. Two major rides under our belts and it wasn't even the official park open yet!
:thumbsup2
We headed to Toy Story Land next for fun on Toy Story Midway Mania. I beat my personal best by a bit but couldn't hold a candle to Caroline!
Whoa! You really smoked her!
Of course I had to get a picture with Hamm too!
Cute shot. :)
<gasp> Can’t… breath… :faint:
We decided to head to Ronto Roasters and split the yummy morning Ronto wrap which was so good! The warm egg and cheese really makes it.
So that’s what it looks like!
we had the perfect place to wait for Mando and Grogu. I loved watching Caroline interact with them, it was simply magical. :)
:goodvibes
I can tell you it was one of the best meets I have ever experienced. True and perfect Disney magic in every way.:goodvibes
:goodvibes
Afterwards I was excited to see Chip and Dale out in their festive attire and had to jump in for a picture!
Another great shot of you. :)
I am obsessed with the fawns!
So… you’re saying you’re a fawn fan.

Absolutely loved those last couple of updates. Fab photos. You both look so happy, your joy and delight jumps out at me. What a great day!

You look like you’re having fun… Caroline, not so much! :laughing:
We both had a ball....ToT never disappoints!
Whoa! You really smoked her!
Actually the opposite is true.....Caroline totally smoked me!
Cute shot. :)
Thank you!
Absolutely loved those last couple of updates. Fab photos. You both look so happy, your joy and delight jumps out at me. What a great day!
Thank so much Moira! I love looking back at these photos and reliving what was such an awesome experience. :goodvibes

That extra 1/2 hour can really work in your favour if you time it right.
I find the early opening to be especially valuable at DHS. There are rides we really don't do, like TSM, outside of early opening. It is much easier to enter the park during early hours than to try and enter right at general park opening.
We were both enamored of the gorgeous tree in the middle of Echo Lake and of course all the fun vintage Christmas decor!
We saw the Echo Lake Christmas decorations at night and they were very pretty. :)

Today we decided to go to DHS since that was the only parked we missed on our 4 park tour.
Sounds like a good plan...
:rolleyes1
That's so cool! I don't know that we have a Mando/Grogu meet at our park.
I know that Santa was at the Grand Californian at certain times, but I don't know if he was in the parks.
More pictures from our perfect morning!
Those are super cute!
I went in search of coffee for us this morning while Caroline hopped online to get us Genie+ for the day and lock down a ride on Slinky Dog.
Always great to have a team effort!
We waltzed through security and through the tapstiles. Our first plan of action was Tower of Terror which was a walk on!
A ha! the definitive story!
Next up was a walk on for MInnie and Mickey's Runaway Railroad!
:rolleyes1
Our Slinky Dog ILL was up next and was super fun as always.
Thats a fun one too!
Hmmm.....I'm not so sure how much that looks good to me, I'll have to take your word for it. Also I am very picky about my eggs....Thanks for showing me the pic though!
That's why I use Google docs on my phone, I take notes and update them further when waiting in lines and on the busses.
We decided to head to Baseline next as we were feeling in need of some sustenance.
That pretzel looks just like the one at Pym's Test Kitchen in California Adventure.
It really could not have been a more perfect morning. We made our way to the front of the park and peeked through the shops.
Always fun to peruse the shops.
We were ready to head back for a rest before our big night at Epcot. It was time to explore more of the Festival of the Holidays, dine at a new to us restaurant and watch our beloved Candlelight Processional. That's coming up soon!

Sounds like a fun evening! Can wait to hear about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter