Dis Friends are the best friends! A perfect trip in so many ways even without a ride on Dinosaur!12/7-12/11 Christmas Trip

I’m so happy that I made it over here before you wrapped up this trip report - your trip looked like SO much fun!

Caroline accomplished so many things before Susan’s arrival (and I’m glad your first sighting of each other was not with Susan collapsed on the bathroom floor)! I haven’t been to CSR in ten years but there are so many additional perks than during my visit - it seemed to be perfect for your short trip.

And goodness, you packed a lot in to just a few days! I’m impressed how many attractions, character meets, special events, and food (and drinks!) you managed to knock out in a few days. It seems like you had a wonderful time together.

I know you missed Grogu during your fall trip, Caroline, so I’m glad you spotted (and interacted!) with him this time. Also, I LOVE that Susan got daggers from the waitress when you went to Kona to grab the bread pudding. Hysterical. :goodvibes

Caroline accomplished so many things before Susan’s arrival (and I’m glad your first sighting of each other was not with Susan collapsed on the bathroom floor)! I haven’t been to CSR in ten years but there are so many additional perks than during my visit - it seemed to be perfect for your short trip.
We really did pack in so many fun activities in our short trip! It was great! I love early December trips!
I’m so happy that I made it over here before you wrapped up this trip report - your trip looked like SO much fun!
Yay! 😀 I am very happy to have you here!
And goodness, you packed a lot in to just a few days! I’m impressed how many attractions, character meets, special events, and food (and drinks!) you managed to knock out in a few days. It seems like you had a wonderful time together.
I think it was the shortest trip for me. I was surprised how much we did get done and There was new things at Epcot! I loved seeing most all walls down at Epcot! I definitely see more trips in the future with Susan!
I know you missed Grogu during your fall trip, Caroline, so I’m glad you spotted (and interacted!) with him this time. Also, I LOVE that Susan got daggers from the waitress when you went to Kona to grab the bread pudding. Hysterical.
Yes, I missed him my last few trips and was very happy to meet Grogu and Mando! I even got a “cool” from my son Jack! :rotfl:

Do you want to buy some 1 pound cookies???

It was the saddest day that comes to us all on a Disney trip....departure day! We managed to get packed up pretty easily and called for Bell Services to take our luggage down to storage as our flights home weren't until later in the day . We decided to take a stroll around the resort before heading off to our last day plans. It really is a beautiful resort.

Three Bridges from the water's edge....so pretty!

IMG_4559.jpeg

Our room from the outside; we were on the 3rd floor so just above the dark brown brickwork. The rwo windows made the room so bright and airy.
IMG_4560.jpeg

Love, love, love Gran Destino and would happily stay there again :)
IMG_4558.jpeg

We were heading to Disney Springs today as we wanted to take in the Christmas Tree Stroll and had a lunch reservation at the Boathouse. We got a bus to Disney Springs pretty quickly. As we were waiting we saw hordes of guests lining up for Animal Kingdom. The Gary Sinise Foundation guests had arrived the day before and were heading off on their second park day. If you are unaware of what Gary Sinise does, here's a link to his foundation and Disney.
https://www.garysinisefoundation.org/snowball-express

Arriving off the bus at Disney Springs, we saw the gorgeous Town Square tree.
But we didn't linger as we were on a mission! I had never been to Gideons and Caroline was determined to rectify that mistake.

IMG_4562.jpeg
Getting ready to join the line up!
IMG_4563.jpeg

We were told the wait would be about an hour and that was pretty accurate. We made friends with the people in line behind us and passed the time chatting about Disney, DVC and life in general.

I loved the cool, steampunk inspired decor.

IMG_4564.jpeg
Would I choose cookies? Only 1 pound each...just small little bites really.
IMG_4567.jpeg
Or the awesome looking cakes???
IMG_4569.jpeg
I ended up choosing three of the cookies... classic chocolate chip, pistachio toffee and the coffee cake cookie. Verdict...very, very rich. I am glad I tried them but it's something I don't anticipate getting again. Maybe I'll try a cake slice next time. Or the famous peanut butter cold brew?

IMG_4572.jpeg
The cookies were a huge hit with my sons and they quickly demolished them.

After Gideons we strolled down to DisneyStyle where we bought matching "Feels Good to Be Home" sweatshirts in a pretty pale blue with the castle in a darker blue. They are so comfy and cozy, both of us were happy with the purchase.

The DVC tree was right across from DisneyStyle and of course I needed a picture with it!

IMG_4574.jpeg

Next up, we continue the stroll and have a much anticipated lunch at the Boathouse. Will it be a hit or a miss?

Last edited:

I ended up choosing three of the cookies... classic chocolate chip, pistachio toffee and the coffee cake cookie. Verdict...very, very rich. I am glad I tried them but it's something I don't anticipate getting again. Maybe I'll try a cake slice next time.
The cookies look too big for me. But the cake might be a better bet. :)

A lot of people love CS. Did you eat at the quick service restaurant?

The cookies look too big for me. But the cake might be a better bet. :)
The cookies are massive! I nibbled on the coffee cake cookies over about a week. I think I might try the cake but it looks like a lot of frosting.
A lot of people love CS. Did you eat at the quick service restaurant?
CS is a great resort! We only grabbed snacks and coffee at the quick service but it looked like there were lots of great options.

I had to introduce Susan to Gideon’s Bakehouse! I got 2 coffee cake cookies, 2 chocolate chip and 2 Pistachio toffee.
IMG_2024-02-28-195004.jpg
I froze all but 1 coffee cake cookie. I enjoyed that cookie with my coffee for several mornings after we got back!

I gave one Pistachio cookie to my friend, she loves all things pistachio. She loved it!

I gave Jack and Andi the chocolate chip ones at Christmas to share with Kait and Amanda. They loved the cookies!

I ate my Pistachio later in December and my last coffee cake one in January!

Here are some more of the trees we looked at on the Christmas Tree Stroll.
AP tree
IMG_2024-02-28-195113.jpg

HM tree
IMG_2024-02-28-195155.jpg

IMG_2024-02-28-195235.jpg
Coco tree
IMG_2024-02-28-195627.jpg

Star Wars tree

IMG_2024-02-28-195530.jpg

Frozen Tree
IMG_2024-02-28-195408.jpg
DVC Tree, new FW cabin on front
IMG_2024-02-28-195714.jpg
Minnie Mouse Tree
IMG_2024-02-28-195454.jpg
Wish Tree
IMG_2024-02-28-195314.jpg
Two of my favorites were the Haunted Mansion one and the Minnie Mouse one!

Stay tuned for a delicious lunch and a little rubber duck who packs quite a punch in this famous drink!

Here are some more of the trees we looked at on the Christmas Tree Stroll.
We had gone to Disney Springs for dinner twice during our December trip. We tried to see all the Christmas trees, but it was really hard to find them. I think I expected them to be all in one place like in the past. So, I was unprepared for the search for trees that I encountered. We are headed back to WDW in December and this time I will be prepared. :)

I go back and forth about wanting to try Gideon's cookies. Caroline's love for them might sway me. But goodness I want some cake. I've been craving cake for weeks. Maybe in April (although I KNOW I am getting the chocolate cake at Steakhouse 71.)

I had to introduce Susan to Gideon’s Bakehouse!
Wait... she hadn't been yet?!?!?!?
I got 2 coffee cake cookies, 2 chocolate chip and 2 Pistachio toffee.
Whoa!
I enjoyed that cookie with my coffee for several mornings after we got back!
You really stretched them out!
Frozen Tree
Technically, in our neck of the woods... all the Christmas trees are Frozen trees.

:rolleyes1
Two of my favorites were the Haunted Mansion one
You can stop right there. ;)

We had gone to Disney Springs for dinner twice during our December trip. We tried to see all the Christmas trees, but it was really hard to find them. I think I expected them to be all in one place like in the past. So, I was unprepared for the search for trees that I encountered. We are headed back to WDW in December and this time I will be prepared. :)
I did like it better when it was a designated tree trail. I know we didn’t see all of the tree either since they were all over the Springs!

I go back and forth about wanting to try Gideon's cookies. Caroline's love for them might sway me. But goodness I want some cake. I've been craving cake for weeks. Maybe in April (although I KNOW I am getting the chocolate cake at Steakhouse 71.)
I think the cake there is amazing! My sister and I tried and yummy! Each time Andi and I have been the cake has some type of nut element and she cannot have that.
I love the cookies but I think I will get cake and peanut butter cold brew in April with my sisters, no allergies to worry about!

I was surprised she hadn’t been yet! I’m glad she tried at least once. The people behind us told us they actual come down just for the cookies sometimes! From South Carolina and they get the max amount and bought a sealer to shrink wrap the cookies and keep in the freezer for quite some time, now that is dedication!
You really stretched them out!
I love a little something sweet each morning with my coffee so I tried to just have a small amount.
Technically, in our neck of the woods... all the Christmas trees are Frozen trees.
🌲 Same here! How is your winter? Ours is totally the opposite of last year! No snow and mild last year we already had around 100” of snow.
You can stop right there.
I think HM is your favorite!❤️

I was surprised she hadn’t been yet! I’m glad she tried at least once.
::yes::
The people behind us told us they actual come down just for the cookies sometimes! From South Carolina and they get the max amount and bought a sealer to shrink wrap the cookies and keep in the freezer for quite some time, now that is dedication!
:eek: Long ways to go just for cookies!

hmmm... maybe I shouldn't say "just" cookies...
🌲 Same here! How is your winter? Ours is totally the opposite of last year! No snow and mild last year we already had around 100” of snow.
Same as yours. This was our 3rd warmest February in the past 150 years. And very little snow, as well.
Our average temp last month was 20F! Often felt like I was overdressed wearing my winter coat.
I think HM is your favorite!❤️
How can you tell? I'm very subtle about it.

:lmao:

It was the saddest day that comes to us all on a Disney trip....departure day!

So true!!

I ended up choosing three of the cookies... classic chocolate chip, pistachio toffee and the coffee cake cookie.

Pistachio toffee is my favorite. I really need to try some cake.

After Gideons we strolled down to DisneyStyle where we bought matching "Feels Good to Be Home" sweatshirts in a pretty pale blue with the castle in a darker blue. They are so comfy and cozy, both of us were happy with the purchase.

I think this is the same sweatshirt Danielle got me for Christmas. I love it!

I froze all but 1 coffee cake cookie. I enjoyed that cookie with my coffee for several mornings after we got back!

This is a really good idea!

It can be really hard to find all the trees! I like it better when they were all together but it could get a little crowded in that area.
I am a big fan of cake. But it has to be good cake and pure buttercream icing that is not too sweet.
Nope! I typically don't spend a lot of time in Disney Springs and there are more things I prefer to do than wait in line for cookies.
I did like it better when it was a designated tree trail. I know we didn’t see all of the tree either since they were all over the Springs!
Me too! It was hard to find all the trees. I know they have a map but I forgot to pick one up!
I think the cake there is amazing! My sister and I tried and yummy! Each time Andi and I have been the cake has some type of nut element and she cannot have that.
I hope I can find a nut free version of the cake in March. :)
I was surprised she hadn’t been yet! I’m glad she tried at least once. The people behind us told us they actual come down just for the cookies sometimes! From South Carolina and they get the max amount and bought a sealer to shrink wrap the cookies and keep in the freezer for quite some time, now that is dedication!
The group from South Carolina were hilarious. Very passionate about DVC and Gideons cookies. :)
Our winter is the same! We might get snow for a day or two and then it's gone again. My skis and snowshoes have not been out once!!
How can you tell? I'm very subtle about it.
Very subtle indeed, I'd hardly know if you didn't mention it.
Pistachio toffee is my favorite. I really need to try some cake.
It looked really good. I'm allergic to nuts so I bought that one for my son, Jack. He really loved it.
I think this is the same sweatshirt Danielle got me for Christmas. I love it!
It's such a great sweatshirt!

The Boathouse is boozy! And delicious!

After checking out some more of the Christmas Tree stroll, we popped into World Of Disney to take a look around. I always get overwhelmed in that space...it's just too big! We didn't end up staying there very long then popped into Basin. Now Basin is always a super fun experience! Love all the smells, the scrubs, the body butter, the bath bombs...you get the picture. We both picked up some stocking stuffers and little treats for ourselves. I just wish they still made the Earl Grey lip balm...definitely my favourite!

We made our way to the Boathouse and only had to wait a few minutes to check in. We opted for a table on the deck even though it was a little chilly. Our server was fantastic and two staff came to check on my nut allergy and check what was safe for me to eat.

Of course we started with the awesome rolls with honey butter glaze. We were going to just have one each but we ended up demolishing all of them. So, so good!

IMG_4586.jpeg

We decided to go for the dip duo to start. Unfortunately we couldn't have the salsa romensco as it had walnuts but they let us have double pimento cheese instead. It was amazing and we tried to eat as much as we could but were defeated. Both of us took doggy bags to the airport!

IMG_4588.jpeg

You'll see a pretty little blue drink in this photo too...aka the Duck Duck Razz Razz

(Stoli Razberri, Peach Shnapps, Blue Curacao, Lemon Juice, Simple Syrup)

It looks cute and dainty but I can tell you it packed a potent punch!

IMG_4587.jpeg

FullSizeRender.JPEG

Toasting our last day's lunch!

We decided to split the grilled mahi sandwich. This was very flavourful and a big serving, definitely perfect for sharing!

It was awesome just to sit back and chat about our trip while enjoying our yummy food and drinks! We decided on a dessert to share and it's a good thing we did share! It was big enough for a family of five!

IMG_4589.jpeg
This was fantastic if the biggest piece of key lime pie I had ever seen!

We walked over to pin traders as I needed to grab some magic bands for a friend. Caroline had to head back to the resort to get her bags while I hung out a little longer at DS. What a fabulous time we had together! Our first trip but definitely not our last. :goodvibes

Heading back to Gran Destino I decided to spend some time at Barcelona Lounge and try the yummy Sangratini Caroline had recommended. This was really good and a great beverage to end our fabulous trip with.

IMG_4591.jpeg
Back soon with final thoughts!

we popped into World Of Disney to take a look around. I always get overwhelmed in that space...it's just too big!
Me too. Luckily (?) I tend not to buy much anyways.
Of course we started with the awesome rolls with honey butter glaze.
Honey butter glaze?? Hello!
we tried to eat as much as we could but were defeated. Both of us took doggy bags to the airport!
:laughing:
You'll see a pretty little blue drink in this photo too...aka the Duck Duck Razz Razz

(Stoli Razberri, Peach Shnapps, Blue Curacao, Lemon Juice, Simple Syrup)

mmm... that sounds really good. I'd do that in a heartbeat.
Toasting our last day's lunch!
You both look terrific! :)
This was fantastic if the biggest piece of key lime pie I had ever seen!
That thing is massive! :faint:
What a fabulous time we had together! Our first trip but definitely not our last. :goodvibes
:goodvibes

Disney Springs is a great place for a final day. We have become fans of Boathouse. We first went there in May of 2022 and have returned a few times since then. They make a really strong cocktail. :)

Boathouse is on my list for someday. Your light lunch looked really good. It really helps when you have someone to split meals with. I can't do that when I travel with DH. He eats his and what's left of mine. When I'm with one of my girls sharing works much better.

Really enjoyed your girls trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter