Dis Friends are the best friends! A perfect trip in so many ways even without a ride on Dinosaur!12/7-12/11 Christmas Trip

I loved our lunch at The Boathouse. The Duck Duck Razz was sweet and strong! I really enjoyed it.
IMG_2024-03-06-061532.jpg
The meal was very good.The pimento cheese dip was so good with the house made chips.

The Key Lime Pie was delicious and huge! Wow this would easily feed 4 people. It is very shareable.

The drink made me loose with my money, lol 😆 I bought Andi $50.00 worth of pins, what the heck! I got her two mystery packs and a 100th celebration Dumbo pin. Andi sent me a picture of the mystery pins once she opened them.
IMG_2024-03-06-172823.jpg
She loved all of them and had plans to maybe trade a few of the Starbucks pins this past trip but we never did get around to it.

After I spent a large amount of money on pins, I went to the rideshare area and got a Lyft back to Grand Destino. I picked up my luggage from Bell service and sat in the lobby for a little while. I actually took a little nap 💤 which I never do! The whirlwind trip and drink let me close my eyes for about 10 minutes or so.

Soon it was time for me to head to the airport. Lyft ride obtained and soon I was at my gate. I always use curbside checkin if it is available. The workers out there are awesome and always say it is Macys out here and Walmart in there! Haha 😛

Security was a breeze with TSA precheck and soon I was waiting for my boarding time.

I had a good flight home, no delays and home around midnight.

This was a wonderful trip, 4 nights is never enough but overall we accomplished so many things and had a great time.

I would say crowds were larger than December of 22 but overall not horrendous.

The only major miss we had was missing HEA by not checking the time and assuming it was at 9pm.
Food, lounges, drinks, shows, parks, and traveling with Susan all huge positives! :cheer2:

Thank you so much for following along on our adventure, and we do plan to travel together again December 24!
1709768033827.jpeg
1709768109142.png

The Duck Duck Razz was sweet and strong! I really enjoyed it.
Sweet... sign me up. :)
The Key Lime Pie was delicious and huge! Wow this would easily feed 4 people. It is very shareable.
Challenge accepted!
The drink made me loose with my money, lol 😆 I bought Andi $50.00 worth of pins,
:lmao:
I actually took a little nap 💤 which I never do!
Can't imagine why...

:rolleyes1
Soon it was time for me to head to the airport.
:(
Worst part of any trip.
The workers out there are awesome and always say it is Macys out here and Walmart in there! Haha 😛
:laughing:
Bit on the late side... good thing there weren't any delays.
This was a wonderful trip, 4 nights is never enough but overall we accomplished so many things and had a great time.
:goodvibes
Thank you so much for following along on our adventure, and we do plan to travel together again December 24!
Standing by for the next adventure! Thanks for sharing this one! :)

The Boathouse always looks so good. If only I spent more time in Disney Springs it would be near the top of my list (along with Homecomin’). One day I look forward to trying both!

I probably won’t make it to Disney Springs on my next trip to try a Gideon’s cookie… but honestly, I’d be most interested in the cake and the peanut butter cold brew. Someday!

I always use curbside checkin if it is available.

This is a great tip - thank you!

I loved reading about your trip, especially with both of you including your perspectives. You seemed to have such a wonderful time together - I hope you can do another trip together in the future!

I want this pie, it looks so good. I'm also willing to share.

I picked up my luggage from Bell service and sat in the lobby for a little while. I actually took a little nap 💤 which I never do!

I've been known to nap a little while waiting for my ride to the airport especially when we had Magical Express.

Glad your trip home was good.

IMG_4589.jpeg

This was fantastic if the biggest piece of key lime pie I had ever seen!
I need this in my life...now to figure out where to fit it in on the next trip...

Sweet... sign me up.
And NO RUM!! Just pure vodka and lots of it, haha 😆
Challenge accepted!
This pie was amazing
Bit on the late side... good thing there weren't any delays.
Yeah when I fly to Duluth it is always a long evening.
Standing by for the next adventure! Thanks for sharing this one!
Yay :cheer2: More trips on the horizon for me!
Sounds like you both had great craic together on this trip. I can totally see you both planning many a future trip together and look forward to reading about them all. Thanks for taking us along on your travels :goodvibes
It was wonderful! We will definitely travel together again! Thank you Moira for reading along!
The Boathouse always looks so good. If only I spent more time in Disney Springs it would be near the top of my list (along with Homecomin’). One day I look forward to trying both!
I have only been 3 times and each time delicious food and drinks! I can’t wait to go back again
I probably won’t make it to Disney Springs on my next trip to try a Gideon’s cookie… but honestly, I’d be most interested in the cake and the peanut butter cold brew. Someday!
We love to eat and drink in DS so try to go at least once a trip! The peanut butter cold brew is so good!
This is a great tip - thank you!
Sure, I’m not sure if it only for Delta airlines or if other airlines do it! I love using it especially at big, busy airports!
I loved reading about your trip, especially with both of you including your perspectives. You seemed to have such a wonderful time together - I hope you can do another trip together in the future!
Thank you very much! We had a wonderful time and I can’t wait to get planning our next one!
I've been known to nap a little while waiting for my ride to the airport especially when we had Magical Express.
It was really nice to take a little nap!😴
Glad your trip home was good.
Yes, it really was seamless
I need this in my life...now to figure out where to fit it in on the next trip...
You and me both. I would eat that Key Lime pie everyday! So good!! I need to have it again!

No direct flights to the vast metropolis of Duluth?
I wish! That would be awesome 🤩 We always have to layover in Minneapolis and there is only one late flight to Duluth. I usually have a 2 hour layover on the way home! For me in the winter especially I would rather fly than drive at night. The drive to my house would be 3 hours.

Do you mean sometime in December of 2024 or Christmas EVE?

We are heading back to WDW in December. It is a great time of year to go there. :)

I've enjoyed your combined trip report. It was fun to read both of them. :)

Do you mean sometime in December of 2024 or Christmas EVE?

We are heading back to WDW in December. It is a great time of year to go there. :)

I've enjoyed your combined trip report. It was fun to read both of them. :)
I meant 2024, we don’t have our dates quite yet. I was thinking right after Thanksgiving week this year. Trying to avoid the huge crowds but that might never happen!
What are your dates?
Thank you so much for joining in!

I wish! That would be awesome 🤩 We always have to layover in Minneapolis and there is only one late flight to Duluth. I usually have a 2 hour layover on the way home! For me in the winter especially I would rather fly than drive at night. The drive to my house would be 3 hours.
At least MSP is a nice airport. For some reason, I didn't think Duluth was that close to Minne. And yes, I've driven to both! Just not on the same drive.

The drink made me loose with my money, lol 😆 I bought Andi $50.00 worth of pins, what the heck! I got her two mystery packs and a 100th celebration Dumbo pin. Andi sent me a picture of the mystery pins once she opened them.
Those are great pins!
I need to go back to Homecomin' so I can try the chicken biscuits.
Thanks Jenny! We did have so much fun and I look forward to our next trip!
I want this pie, it looks so good. I'm also willing to share.
We will have to overlap trip dates and have lunch at Boathouse so we can all dive into this luscious dessert.
You will love it!
It really is. :)
I meant 2024, we don’t have our dates quite yet. I was thinking right after Thanksgiving week this year. Trying to avoid the huge crowds but that might never happen!
I love the first weekend of December for a Disney trip. :)
We will be at POR Dec 3-7. I would love to overlap with you and Susan. :)
That would be awesome! It would be so nice to see you and Dana again!

Goodbye to Disney for now...

I really enjoyed my last few hours at Gran Destino. I loved Barcelona Lounge and then just hung out in the lobby reading and taking in the beautiful decor. My airport experience was not as smooth as Carolines as my flight did not leave until 10:40 pm (1 hr, 10 min behind schedule) and there was a passenger in our waiting area having a complete meltdown when she was denied boarding for her flight. There was security involved and a lot of drama. I finally landed at 1:20 am and made it home by 2:40 am. Did I mention I had to work at 8:00 am that day?? I was definitely tired but it was worth it! So much so that I booked the same return flight for next week!

My favourites from this trip;

Lounge ~ Steakhouse 71
Park ~ Animal Kingdom
Restaurant ~ Boathouse
Drink ~ The Northwoods at Territory Lounge
Character meet ~ Minnie and Mickey in AK
Ride ~ LwtL holiday overlay tied with GotG (finally got Disco Inferno)

Regrets;

Missing HEA (check the schedule, Susan!)
Not enough time at Epcot (another reason to go back for Festival of the Holidays in December!)

Thanks for reading along and chiming in. It was so fun to travel with Caroline and share our experiences here with you all. See you real soon!

My airport experience was not as smooth as Carolines as my flight did not leave until 10:40 pm (1 hr, 10 min behind schedule) and there was a passenger in our waiting area having a complete meltdown when she was denied boarding for her flight.
Yikes.
I finally landed at 1:20 am and made it home by 2:40 am. Did I mention I had to work at 8:00 am that day??
:faint:
I was definitely tired but it was worth it! So much so that I booked the same return flight for next week!
Definitely worth it then! :)
Missing HEA (check the schedule, Susan!)
:laughing:
Thanks for reading along and chiming in.
Thanks for sharing your shared adventures!

I finally landed at 1:20 am and made it home by 2:40 am. Did I mention I had to work at 8:00 am that day?? I was definitely tired but it was worth it! So much so that I booked the same return flight for next week!

Yikes, that’s late! I’m impressed you were able to work the next day!

Thanks again for sharing your trip! I look forward to reading your next one (and also look forward to another combined report in December!).

Yikes, that’s late! I’m impressed you were able to work the next day!

Thanks again for sharing your trip! I look forward to reading your next one (and also look forward to another combined report in December!).
I will pretty much take the latest flight every time for extra time at Disney! :)

Thanks for joining in. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter