DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Evening Guys.

I thought weekends were for rest? Been a busy one here, sitting in gyms and driving. DS and his volleyball team-mates played in two volleyball tournaments, won the JV side after playing Friday and Saturday, last night they moved on to the Varsity side of the tournament and when we left this morning they had won 2 sets and lost 2 sets (won the both splits though). They still had another 2 matches to go but we had to leave for a short 2 hour drive for the first of 4 Sunday sessions to pick the provincial basketball teams for the summer.

Apparently I need to go to work tomorrow to get a break.

Had a good time last night watching the Facebook Live Videos; I thinking that could be a doable trip. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Morning chaps. Feeling the carbs this morning. We probably shouldn't have ordered the third pizza. But it's good practice for George on his folding technique. As soon as CJ approves it from a New Yorker's perspective, I'll ease up.

Your attendance at HS Sports events is starting to get into the legendary status. Fair play to you mate. Top disdadding.

Jeff, cheers for the tip on the cannoli. We're try and hit it when we see the Lion King when we are down there. We'll remember to leave the gun. I can't talk about Canolli without thinking about that scene....

Mike hope you had fun with the family.

Have a great day all

Morning chaps. Feeling the carbs this morning. We probably shouldn't have ordered the third pizza. But it's good practice for George on his folding technique. As soon as CJ approves it from a New Yorker's perspective, I'll ease up.

Your attendance at HS Sports events is starting to get into the legendary status. Fair play to you mate. Top disdadding.

Jeff, cheers for the tip on the cannoli. We're try and hit it when we see the Lion King when we are down there. We'll remember to leave the gun. I can't talk about Canolli without thinking about that scene....

Mike hope you had fun with the family.

Have a great day all

Great to hear you guys are having a great time and I don't think you can eat too much pizza, just don't use a fork.

I do get to a lot of sport events as part of my job but it is much better when I get to watch my own son play.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Looks like Norm is having a blast down at DaWorld. Had a great weekend with the family and other than my two Chicago teams losses yesterday could not have asked for a better stretch of family time.
Evening Guys.

I thought weekends were for rest? Been a busy one here, sitting in gyms and driving. DS and his volleyball team-mates played in two volleyball tournaments, won the JV side after playing Friday and Saturday, last night they moved on to the Varsity side of the tournament and when we left this morning they had won 2 sets and lost 2 sets (won the both splits though). They still had another 2 matches to go but we had to leave for a short 2 hour drive for the first of 4 Sunday sessions to pick the provincial basketball teams for the summer.

Had a good time last night watching the Facebook Live Videos; I thinking that could be a doable trip. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
You do have quite the busy schedule but I'm just guessing here that you would not have it any other way.

Have a great day all
Sounds like all are enjoying. Hope you and the family like Lion King, let us know your thoughts, and the canolli .............
images

I hope you enjoy both - the cannoli and The Lion King. I'll be interested to see what you think of Lion King. I saw it a few years ago. It was good, but fell a little flat for me. I didn't find the lead actors that great.

Morning Guys.

Today we celebrate the birthday of my beautiful wife. She's not into making that public so I thought this was a pretty safe place to mention it. My Mother has already posted it on Facebook so that should make DW happy.

On top of that, I get to spend the afternoon talking to kinesiology and sport management students about a career in the sport field. Always a fun couple of hours.

Have a good one all.

Top O the Mornin Dads and Happy SW Rogue One Day!
I hope you enjoy both - the cannoli and The Lion King. I'll be interested to see what you think of Lion King. I saw it a few years ago. It was good, but fell a little flat for me. I didn't find the lead actors that great.
We saw LK in Vegas, DW liked it but did nothing for me so I'm with you. I actually enjoy the AK version better.
Morning Guys.

Today we celebrate the birthday of my beautiful wife. She's not into making that public so I thought this was a pretty safe place to mention it. My Mother has already posted it on Facebook so that should make DW happy.

On top of that, I get to spend the afternoon talking to kinesiology and sport management students about a career in the sport field. Always a fun couple of hours.

Have a good one all.
Happy Birthday to the better half!

You need to carb up when walking around NY. Saw the folding technique and I approve.

Happy birthday to SWMBO. Sure you will treating her like a queen today.

The good news: I should be able to call it a day in about twenty minutes

The bad news: I should also be getting a change request in about fifteen minuets...
That will have to be processed today...
and will take at least another two hours...

<<Sigh>>

Sending birthday wishes her way. You should be pretty safe mentioning it in here. This place is like a no fly zone for my wife, she has no interest.

We saw LK in Vegas, DW liked it but did nothing for me so I'm with you. I actually enjoy the AK version better.
I'm with you. I enjoyed it in AK more. Not that I hated it on Broadway, it was just a bit flat.

The bad news: I should also be getting a change request in about fifteen minuets...

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

I'm with you. I enjoyed it in AK more. Not that I hated it on Broadway, it was just a bit flat.

If you ever get the chance, check out Aladdin on Broadway. The guy playing the genie was phenomenal.

Morning Gents!

Cloudy Wednesday morning up here but it's not snowing. LOL

Busy couple of days on tap but Friday I get to spend the day at a chamber of commerce curling event. Good way to finish off the week.

Have a good one.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Today we celebrate getting pass the midpoint of the week and on this day in Disney history 1965 Julie Andrews won the Academy Award for Marry Poppins. To those traveling be safe and have fun.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Today we celebrate getting pass the midpoint of the week and on this day in Disney history 1965 Julie Andrews won the Academy Award for Marry Poppins. To those traveling be safe and have fun.
Its only the mid-point....... Gonna be another long week

Saw this on the Dis. Disney Springs is opening a new restaurant called The Polite Pig. Promising BBQ menu and they have a bourbon bar. I see me checking the place out, hope the BBQ lives up to the hype.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/the-polite-pig-will-open-at-disney-springs-on-april-10/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+disney-updates+(Disney+Updates+-+wdwinfo.com)

Well, did you get out of there early?

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

One of my favorite quotes. I used it a lot around my kid and her friends when they were younger.

Busy couple of days on tap but Friday I get to spend the day at a chamber of commerce curling event. Good way to finish off the week.

Do they sell beer? And should I bring a parka?

Congratulations Julie. Was scared for life when she went topless in a later movie. And I second the wish that everyone traveling stays safe.

Just about to head out and hope I get home before this potential tornado stuff shows up - looks like it will be east of us but we are under watches and warnings through the night - everyone be careful out there tonight in the southeast.
Its only the mid-point....... Gonna be another long week
Sorry about that .................
Saw this on the Dis. Disney Springs is opening a new restaurant called The Polite Pig. Promising BBQ menu and they have a bourbon bar. I see me checking the place out, hope the BBQ lives up to the hype.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/the-polite-pig-will-open-at-disney-springs-on-april-10/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+disney-updates+(Disney+Updates+-+wdwinfo.com)

Congratulations Julie. Was scared for life when she went topless in a later movie. And I second the wish that everyone traveling stays safe.
Forget the BBQ did not know it was gonna have a nice bourbon bar. Never knew of Ms Andrews topless now I am scared for life - not Mary Poppins :scared1:

So, this happened today...

received_10158462437185076.jpeg

DW was doing the self cleaning oven thing. There must have been some grease on the heating element. It caught fire then shattered. That's a new one for me. I've been told elements are fairly cheap and available at any hardware store. YouTube also says it's easy to replace and requires a low skill level, which fits my qualifications! I'll feel like @cj9200 with his washer if I manage to fix it :p

Anybody ever replace an oven heating element?

Sounds like fun. I only tried curling once in university. I enjoyed it, but just never tried to take it up. I've been watching the World Men's this week.

Disney Springs is opening a new restaurant called The Polite Pig. Promising BBQ menu and they have a bourbon bar. I see me checking the place out, hope the BBQ lives up to the hype.
I heard about that place too. It's supposed to be good. I hope I get to try it someday.

Just about to head out and hope I get home before this potential tornado stuff shows up - looks like it will be east of us but we are under watches and warnings through the night - everyone be careful out there tonight in the southeast.
Stay safe out there. Hope you make it through with no damage.

I'm in. When are we going?

Evening boys from a slightly chilly NY. Brooklyn this morning then The Lion King. We really enjoyed it Jeff. I didn't think the kid Simba was all that, but the older Simba, Timone and the Hyenas were all really good. WE didn't get to do the canolli though.

All the best to the storm hit guys, stay safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter