DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

So, this happened today...

View attachment 229515

DW was doing the self cleaning oven thing. There must have been some grease on the heating element. It caught fire then shattered. That's a new one for me. I've been told elements are fairly cheap and available at any hardware store. YouTube also says it's easy to replace and requires a low skill level, which fits my qualifications! I'll feel like @cj9200 with his washer if I manage to fix it :p

Good luck we're all counting on you.

Saw this on the Dis. Disney Springs is opening a new restaurant called The Polite Pig. Promising BBQ menu and they have a bourbon bar.
Hope it doesnt end up being one of those places that cooks everything in a giant oven then slathers it in an overly sweet sauce.
But they have bourbon so its a wash

DW was doing the self cleaning oven thing. There must have been some grease on the heating element. It caught fire then shattered. That's a new one for me. I've been told elements are fairly cheap and available at any hardware store. YouTube also says it's easy to replace and requires a low skill level, which fits my qualifications! I'll feel like @cj9200 with his washer if I manage to fix it :p

Anybody ever replace an oven heating element?
Never seen that one.
Should just be one or 2 screws pull the broke one out plug the new one in. Make sure you unplug the stove first...

Yes and a sweater will do.
Never trust a Canadian who says you only need a sweater. If he is in a sweater you will need full arctic gear

'Morning all...
And may it be a good one followed by a better evening.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!
Yep...
been the primary philosophy of management for better than 100,00 years.
Given the success rate, one would think "civilized" folk would have come up with a better strategy by now.

(Huh, listen to me... Civilized Management? What was I thinking?)

Busy couple of days on tap but Friday I get to spend the day at a chamber of commerce curling event.
Interesting...
Of course nearly anything beats working.
Unless you love your work.

Bless those folks.

Saw this on the Dis. Disney Springs is opening a new restaurant called The Polite Pig. Promising BBQ menu and they have a bourbon bar. I see me checking the place out, hope the BBQ lives up to the hype.
Hummmm...
They should be open when I next get down there then.
That may well need to be tried.

Well, did you get out of there early?
Oh, it wouldn't have been early, I'd already been there since before 6am.
The change request didn't show up until after 4pm.
The processing took a couple hours or so after that and I got back to the house around 7.
I believe that adds up to a big ol' Nope.

Just about to head out and hope I get home before this potential tornado stuff shows up - looks like it will be east of us but we are under watches and warnings through the night - everyone be careful out there tonight in the southeast.
We didn't see anything that severe (although everyone was scurrying around in anticipation of such)
Hope everyone was spared from any of the damaging stuff.

So, this happened today...

received_10158462437185076-jpeg.229515

Can't say as I've ever her of such either.
I have replaced heating elements before, though.
It depends on just how the stove is put together as to weather it's tough job or a simple one.

WE didn't get to do the canolli though.
Well your should make a point to correct that today.
Enjoy the rest of your expedition.
I'd like to get back up to the big city myself at some point.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Cold and wet here but weekend looks to be great so I'll take it. Happy Friday Eve and may today fly by for all of us.
Hummmm...They should be open when I next get down there then. That may well need to be tried.
When ya looking at heading down if I may ask?
We didn't see anything that severe (although everyone was scurrying around in anticipation of such)
Hope everyone was spared from any of the damaging stuff.[/QUOTE]
Nothing here either all went just east of middle tennessee and looks like the tornado predictions did not occur overall so that's a good thing. Thanks to all for their we
I'm in. When are we going?

Evening boys from a slightly chilly NY. Brooklyn this morning then The Lion King. We really enjoyed it Jeff. I didn't think the kid Simba was all that, but the older Simba, Timone and the Hyenas were all really good. WE didn't get to do the canolli though.
Glad you liked it and sorry about the weather, if you wanted a bit of damp chill you could have stayed home. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

When ya looking at heading down if I may ask?
You may...
We'll be traveling between May 20th and Memorial Day.
Current plan includes time in the parks that Monday through Friday.

Which also means we'll miss the Avatar-Land grand opening by a day, but honestly, I ain't all that drawn to the new "land". It will be an absolute madhouse that Saturday, and I can pretty much guarantee that we will be back in the future (after things have calmed down a mite). What would be good though is if they decide to do a soft opening at some point that week. Even if the attractions aren't yet open, a little walk around the new digs would be interesting.

Unless you love your work.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Actually I love my work just hate my job.

Good Q don't need no sauce.
Very true. It is hard to find a good BBQ joint that doesn't serve everything with sauce.
We still have one around here that is true Texas style BBQ, they dont even have sauce available if you ask for it. They just give you a little cup of the drippings from the brisket. YUMMM

And now I'm hungry; and its still 4 hours till lunch....

Just about to head out and hope I get home before this potential tornado stuff shows up - looks like it will be east of us but we are under watches and warnings through the night - everyone be careful out there tonight in the southeast.

Everyone in the path of this crapstorm, stay safe.

Forget the BBQ did not know it was gonna have a nice bourbon bar. Never knew of Ms Andrews topless now I am scared for life - not Mary Poppins :scared1:

Had to look it up afterward and it was a movie called SOB. A bit of an odd movie but it had a chuckle or two.

I've been told elements are fairly cheap and available at any hardware store. YouTube also says it's easy to replace and requires a low skill level, which fits my qualifications! I'll feel like @cj9200 with his washer if I manage to fix it :p

I actually did this once. The prongs of the element were closer together and once I figured how to pull it out it was pretty easy to replace. Good luck.

I'm in. When are we going?

January!

Yes and a sweater will do.

I think I am going to need something warmer.

Evening boys from a slightly chilly NY. Brooklyn this morning then The Lion King. We really enjoyed it Jeff. I didn't think the kid Simba was all that, but the older Simba, Timone and the Hyenas were all really good. WE didn't get to do the canolli though.
Good to hear you enjoyed it. Interesting, I had the opposite experience. The kid actors were pretty good, but the adult Simba and Nala were a bit lifeless. I think it was 2012 I saw it, so obviously they've changed it up since then. Too bad you didn't get a chance for the canolli. Of course they are only good if you like sweetened ricotta/cottage cheese.

Which also means we'll miss the Avatar-Land grand opening by a day, but honestly, I ain't all that drawn to the new "land". It will be an absolute madhouse that Saturday, and I can pretty much guarantee that we will be back in the future (after things have calmed down a mite). What would be good though is if they decide to do a soft opening at some point that week. Even if the attractions aren't yet open, a little walk around the new digs would be interesting.
You should have a good chance to catch a soft opening. They usually do those a couple weeks before for CM training I think.

Actually I love my work just hate my job.
I like that one, I'll have to remember it for future use.

I actually did this once. The prongs of the element were closer together and once I figured how to pull it out it was pretty easy to replace. Good luck.
Thanks, it seems easy in the YouTube video. When I first saw it I was afraid it was a $500 repair job. DW picked up a new element today, only cost $47 so I was happy about that. I'm still overseas working now but I'm home Sunday so I'l attempt the repair then.

Thanks, it seems easy in the YouTube video. When I first saw it I was afraid it was a $500 repair job. DW picked up a new element today, only cost $47 so I was happy about that. I'm still overseas working now but I'm home Sunday so I'l attempt the repair then.

We'll look for the mushroom cloud from the north, then.

Top O the Mornin Dads! It's Friday so let's get through this. I will make the Pub / Bar location announcement a bit later.

WHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!HOOOOOO!!!!!
FRIDAY!!!!
I actually have the weekend offffff... All weekend. As in I am not working at either of my jobs. First Saturday off this year, I'm so happy.

I will make the Pub / Bar location announcement a bit later.
Is it later????
:rolleyes1:drinking1

good afternoon. It's been a long while since i've logged into the disboards. so, i'm here to say hello (hello) and to say that at the MOMENT, I'm a go for Marathon Weekend! I'm not sure Which Dis Dad's Club Convention Number this is, but, I'm going to be there.

hope everyone is doing well. and to all the new dads, i'm boB.

boB

WHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!HOOOOOO!!!!!
FRIDAY!!!!
Is it later????
:rolleyes1:drinking1

Alright for those of you that can, call it and today we are heading to Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar and the starter beverage will be:

Aviator's Flight

¾-oz pour of each Single Malt Scotch Whisky - The Macallan 12 yr Speyside, Highland Park 12 yr Orkney Islands, and Bowmore 12 yr Islay

jock-lindseys-hangar-bar-g00.jpg

upload_2017-4-7_14-59-40.jpeg

Hey guys look what I found - Bourbon menu at the Polite Pig CJ referenced earlier this week. Apparently they are also gonna serve old fashions in a pitcher :thumbsup2
33882744135_1deb5ff3d6_b.jpg

good afternoon. It's been a long while since i've logged into the disboards. so, i'm here to say hello (hello) and to say that at the MOMENT, I'm a go for Marathon Weekend! I'm not sure Which Dis Dad's Club Convention Number this is, but, I'm going to be there.

hope everyone is doing well. and to all the new dads, i'm boB.

boB

Hey boB welcome home.

Aviator's Flight
¾-oz pour of each Single Malt Scotch Whisky - The Macallan 12 yr Speyside, Highland Park 12 yr Orkney Islands, and Bowmore 12 yr Islay

Your buyin right?

Hey guys look what I found - Bourbon menu at the Polite Pig CJ referenced earlier this week. Apparently they are also gonna serve old fashions in a pitcher :thumbsup2
33882744135_1deb5ff3d6_b.jpg

Are those prices for a single 1oz pour?

U.K. Court Upholds Fine for Dad Who Took Child From School for Disney Trip
http://www.mysuncoast.com/news/nati...cle_a0f5bd84-1af1-11e7-b96a-2b6c4fb2b1c7.html

Dan?
:rotfl:
They can take that fine out of my cold dead hand.

But everyone back home is watching this with interest. This is a big thing at home right now. We have permission to take George out for 3 days before summer break, but he has to do a little report on Caoe Canaveral.

Morning boys from a sunny New York.

boB nice to meet you bud.

Jeff, I've shorted all my Canadian insurance stock so carry on with the fix with the oven.
I'm flying over your way in about 10 hours so I'll look to the starboard for your appliances at 39000 feet.

Good job Mike on the calling, the gig is yours. Is there a happy hour on the pitchers? And I mean 2 for 1

Cliff, I'm with you mate. $99 for a Pappy single pour? Gotta be one of the most overrated bourbons out there.

Had a blast. I am doing our usual "shall we move out here" discussions with the missus and then we'll get back to London and fall in love with it all over again.

Norm, safe travel back mate, I feel your pain.

Have a great Saturday boys, I'll catch up over the weekend about 3 in the morning when I wake up. If anyone has jet lag tips that didn't come from Bruce Willis, it would be much appreciated. Or how to multi quote on an iPhone....

Last edited:
Provision the USS Constitution. Gather your muskets men, his means WAR! Actually if we play our cards right, Disney might finance the trip. Maybe even give us rooms on a ship to launch the invasion.
Commandeer the Disney Dream, try and sneak up the Thames and I'll meet you at Canary Wharf. We'll hit a couple of bars and then the Goodmans, and then wonder what we were doing in the first place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter