DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I'm back home everyone. The multi-quote function didn't work, so with classic disdad effort, I ain't going back to read those again. Congrats on the 1000th post, happy birthday to the Mrs, congrats on ddc convention booking, excellent New York visit and dodging fines, someone mentioned bourbon - yes, and way to go on anything else I missed.

In between doing the laundry, I had to run out and buy a new bed frame. The wood on the old frame was 17 years old and just gave away. Before you can reply with any jokes, remember, (a) I'm married, and (b) my back still hurts. Maybe it's termites. Probably just too fat. Either way, I picked up a new metal frame from Menards' nearby and drilled holes for the old headboard and DW really liked having that. The footboard and side-board wood rails are gone. It was probably not the best way to spend time mending my back, but hey, it has to be done. DW was tired of hearing me cuss as I bent over and moved stuff, so the house is empty with the others out shopping.

Absolutely gorgeous day down here. Spent the day working outside enjoying the sun and cool temps.

hope everyone is doing well. and to all the new dads, i'm boB.

Good to hear from you. How is life treating you?

Hey guys look what I found - Bourbon menu at the Polite Pig CJ referenced earlier this week. Apparently they are also gonna serve old fashions in a pitcher :thumbsup2

Pricey, but I could go into a pitcher of Old Fashions. Who's in?

:rotfl:
They can take that fine out of my cold dead hand.

Commandeer the Disney Dream, try and sneak up the Thames and I'll meet you at Canary Wharf. We'll hit a couple of bars and then the Goodmans, and then wonder what we were doing in the first place.

Where is Captain Jack when you need him?

I'm back home everyone.

Welcome back but sorry to hear that.

Evening All!

Hope everyone has had a few good days. Had fun curling on Friday, managed to win a couple of drinks. I had a Board meeting on Saturday so that shot most of the day. DS and DW had travelled to a volleyball tournament on Friday and Saturday. The first second place this JV team has had in over 2 years; up to know they have been all 1st place finishes. The lost 2-1 in the final but it never hurts to lose every now and then. The only problem was that DS banged his leg chasing down a shanked pass and has had a hard time walking. That meant that today basketball tryout was spent watching from the sidelines for 3 hours.

We had our first BBQ of the season tonight, some nice steaks that marinated all day. Tasty. And now we are just watching the battle going on in the Masters, they are headed for a playoff.

Happy Sunday. It was a lazy day here. Worked a few hours at the church, paid all the bills at home, and cut the weeds. I need to get some grass seed and weed 'n feed.

Absolutely gorgeous day down here. Spent the day working outside enjoying the sun and cool temps.

Welcome back but sorry to hear that.

Still too windy, but yes, the sunshine was terrific. I keep trying to talk DW into letting us move to Florida now. She said yes, which means I just need to find a job. I'm afraid she will change her mind though.

Evening All!

Hope everyone has had a few good days. Had fun curling on Friday, managed to win a couple of drinks. I had a Board meeting on Saturday so that shot most of the day. DS and DW had travelled to a volleyball tournament on Friday and Saturday. The first second place this JV team has had in over 2 years; up to know they have been all 1st place finishes. The lost 2-1 in the final but it never hurts to lose every now and then. The only problem was that DS banged his leg chasing down a shanked pass and has had a hard time walking. That meant that today basketball tryout was spent watching from the sidelines for 3 hours.

We had our first BBQ of the season tonight, some nice steaks that marinated all day. Tasty. And now we are just watching the battle going on in the Masters, they are headed for a playoff.

Hope Declan's leg heals quickly. Don't know why I enjoy watching curling when it's on the Olympics. It must be because like bowling, it's a "sport" you can do while holding your beer. :lmao:

Don't know why I enjoy watching curling when it's on the Olympics. It must be because like bowling, it's a "sport" you can do while holding your beer. :lmao:
Only for the guy throwing the stone. It would be hard to sweep with a beer in your hand.
I first saw it at the olympics now I watch it everytime it comes on. Really enjoy the women's curling. Always seems to show up on the weird sports channels I didn't even know I got.

Pricey, but I could go into a pitcher of Old Fashions. Who's in?
:wave:
That meant that today basketball tryout was spent watching from the sidelines for 3 hours.
All the best to Declan mate, hope he recovers quickly
She said yes, which means I just need to find a job.
Win! Good luck with the Job search mate, I might be doing the same in a couple of weeks.....
It would be hard to sweep with a beer in your hand.
You clearly haven't seen the "dads guide to cleaning your house" instructional video.
Really enjoy the women's curling
Do they wear a skimpy outfit? Like a french maid's olympics? With all that ice, I could be persuaded to indulge.

Morning boys from a sunny London. Great weather back here all last week, which is usually our luck when we are on vacation. Back to work tomorrow, but off Friday and Monday for Easter. Won't cheek my emails till tomorrow (I'm a bit of a stickler for my holiday is holiday), but I'm probably walking into a couple of thousand. So thats one day gone.
Enjoy your Monday all.:thumbsup2

Hope Declan's leg heals quickly. Don't know why I enjoy watching curling when it's on the Olympics. It must be because like bowling, it's a "sport" you can do while holding your beer. :lmao:

:wave:

All the best to Declan mate, hope he recovers quickly

Do they wear a skimpy outfit? Like a french maid's olympics? With all that ice, I could be persuaded to indulge.

Thanks Guys. I think he has a bit of a bone bruise but he should be fine in a day or two.

It would be tough to hold your beer while curling but I'm sure it has been tried.

And no french maid outfits but one of the best looking female curlers out there has represented the UK; but she's a Scot so I'm not sure if you would like her Dan. ;)

The big news for this beautiful Monday morning is DS passed his test for his learner's permit. Not sure if this is a good thing or not.

Happy Monday. Picked up a few extra weeks on campus, which means more travel time. Yuck! This is going to be a long month.

Only for the guy throwing the stone. It would be hard to sweep with a beer in your hand.
I first saw it at the olympics now I watch it everytime it comes on. Really enjoy the women's curling. Always seems to show up on the weird sports channels I didn't even know I got.

Let me know if you find women's topless curling. :lmao:

Win! Good luck with the Job search mate, I might be doing the same in a couple of weeks.....

You clearly haven't seen the "dads guide to cleaning your house" instructional video.

You move over here, start a business, and then hire me. That would make it easy for me.

And no french maid outfits but one of the best looking female curlers out there has represented the UK; but she's a Scot so I'm not sure if you would like her Dan. ;)
Pity. I would like her plenty, she'd just keep asking to leave me every couple of years.
Let me know if you find women's topless curling. :lmao:
I think we would start to suffer from a cricked neck from all that brushing thing they do. That's got to create a lot of momentum.

The big news for this beautiful Monday morning is DS passed his test for his learner's permit. Not sure if this is a good thing or not.
Congrats Declan!
You need a permit to learn? Is that like a written test?

Monday just about done on a short week which hopefully you all have as well. Next two days traveling on business so try not to miss me too much :rotfl:
:rotfl:
Good job Mike on the calling, the gig is yours. Is there a happy hour on the pitchers? And I mean 2 for 1
No, you started the tradition I just filled in for a couple of weeks. Maybe on Thursday's I will call the place we are going and you can cal the time on Fridays.
I'm back home everyone. The multi-quote function didn't work, so with classic disdad effort, I ain't going back to read those again. Congrats on the 1000th post, happy birthday to the Mrs, congrats on ddc convention booking, excellent New York visit and dodging fines, someone mentioned bourbon - yes, and way to go on anything else I missed.
Sorry you're back home - looks like you and the family had a great time so now start planning the details of the Poly visit.
Evening All!

Hope nothing too serious for Declan
The big news for this beautiful Monday morning is DS passed his test for his learner's permit. Not sure if this is a good thing or not
Believe me, it's a good thing overall. There will be some nerves and a bit of worrying but when he can take himself to and from practices and the like ..................

Congrats Declan!
You need a permit to learn? Is that like a written test?

Yes Sir. We have a graduated licensing system in NB. For the next 8 to 12 months he can only drive with one other fully licensed driver who has at least 3 years of driving experience and he can't drive between Midnight and 5 am. If he takes a course he can take his road test after 8 months and when you pass that some of the restrictions are lifted until you hit 2 years.

Hope nothing too serious for Declan

Believe me, it's a good thing overall. There will be some nerves and a bit of worrying but when he can take himself to and from practices and the like ..................

He's good. He went to volleyball practice tonight and said it was a bit sore but not too bad.

Under our system it will be awhile before he will be driving himself to practice.

Well Dads, I finally got around to fixing that oven. Element replaced with low skill level as YouTube suggested, so my qualifications were sufficient. Cooked chicken in the oven last night without any mushroom cloud so it seems to have worked.

Besides the weird sports channels, if you're interested there's a YouTube channel called world curling TV and they have all the tournament games on there. I watched both the women's and men's world's that way while I was overseas.

Yes Sir. We have a graduated licensing system in NB. For the next 8 to 12 months he can only drive with one other fully licensed driver who has at least 3 years of driving experience and he can't drive between Midnight and 5 am. If he takes a course he can take his road test after 8 months and when you pass that some of the restrictions are lifted until you hit 2 years.
Congrats to him on getting the permit. We have exactly the same system here. You might remember DD17 got her license late last year. It's not an easy thing to sit them behind the wheel, especially once they have their license and they go off by themselves. But when DD works her part time supermarket job on a Friday night, it's nice that I don't have to watch what I drink and she just drives herself home. Also means I don't have to stay awake until midnight. That's for the young kids. Stay off my lawn.

Happy Tuesday. I'm ready for the week to be over already. It is a super busy time with both jobs, HS tennis, and my team tennis. I'll survive the summer, but will have to cut something out next year.

I think we would start to suffer from a cricked neck from all that brushing thing they do. That's got to create a lot of momentum.

I'm willing to suffer for their sporting efforts. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Sorry you're back home - looks like you and the family had a great time so now start planning the details of the Poly visit.

Planning done. No parks this trip, as it will be our only chance to enjoy the Poly. We are doing the Aptitude testing for oldest in Atlanta, and then just enjoy a few days at the resort.

Well Dads, I finally got around to fixing that oven. Element replaced with low skill level as YouTube suggested, so my qualifications were sufficient. Cooked chicken in the oven last night without any mushroom cloud so it seems to have worked.

Way to go. And, you didn't die from consuming raw chicken.

At airport, getting tired of this travel stuff though I will be home late tomorrow night. Don't know what's worse the week long trips or these out and back in 1 day ones. Almost at e half way point so enjoy and be safe out there.

At airport, getting tired of this travel stuff though I will be home late tomorrow night. Don't know what's worse the week long trips or these out and back in 1 day ones. Almost at e half way point so enjoy and be safe out there.
Safe travels Mike, have a cheeky bourbon on the plane

Proud moment and sweet justice. My youngest dd (7th grade) is playing varsity HS tennis. She lost her singles match tonight, as the other team's coach cheated her on the score. While our coach doesn't get involved, I called out the cheating and their coach argued with me. Then, my daughter played doubles against the same opponent, and she and her partner won. And, It was the deciding match for the team win. As I walked by their coach, I smiled and waved.

And I'll happily volunteer with oven mitts at the change of Ends....

::yes::::yes:: ...and eye protection! :lmao:

Hope you don't get bounced off United. :scared1:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter