DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Both kids are home this weekend. DS is just bumbing and DW has no class on Thurs & Fri so she has been coming home to work some and to take care of some of the wedding crapola. We will head out for some casual dining tonight, got tickets for Preds NHL game tomorrow afternoon and then something simple on the grill for dinner so looking forward to some family time. Enjoy the weekend gents and I will be along later to pick the Friday night drink as assigned to me by Dan.
Only 2? Is there a war on? When did we start rationing?
That's two per glass...
Pretty sure there's no limit on the number of glasses.
Thank you Rob for helping me there - two fingers horizontal to measure a pour ONE at a time with no cap on the number of pours

Oh, by the way
Howdy all!

It's about time I started getting back over to this pub more often.
Great to see you back here, been too long. How's the young man doing?
A Chicago double on the cards? All we need is the 31 other teams to leave the NFL and the bears have at least a shot of making it next year.....
That's about what it would take. I'll just enjoy the Cubs and Hawks success for now.
I suspect if I went to the gym I would be really sore too. So I figure, why tempt fate....

I'm looking forward to it. At least it looks like there will be a few Canadian teams in it this year for me to root for.
I second that gym thing. When DW says I need to walk more I reply with when can i schedule next WDW trip? It is good for the NHL to have Canadian teams make the playoffs last year was crazy. Looks like 5 of the 7 are solid to play playoff hockey. Any particular team you favour?

'Morning all...
I've got nothing important to say, but I'm glad that for the first time in a while I've finally got a little bit of time to drop by and say all that nothing.

Safe travels for those that are heading out, and may the rest of the day go smoothly for those of us stuck at work.

ce to see you back here, Rob. You've missed a bit over the last while. There's been snowblowing, motorboating, dangling appendages, a few glasses tipped. I can't remember what else, but the usual hijinks.
Consistency...
That's precisely what I expect from this group.
There's 57 pages I probably don't necessarily have to go back and read.

Great to see you back here, been too long. How's the young man doing?
Ding good (so far as we know). Nowhere near the drama levels that you're dealing with, to be sure.
He's so completely immersed with all the goings on up there that we don't hear from him much.
He'll be back home in May though so we're planning to do some traveling then.

As for the car, it sounds like you have about the same mechanical ability as me. I can insert and turn the key and put gas in the tank. Anything else, I just hand someone my credit card and tell them to make the problem go away.

Come on, you can at least kick the tires while you're looking at it.

Oh, by the way
Howdy all!

Welcome back, Rob! Good to hear from you.

Only 2? Is there a war on? When did we start rationing?

Well the way I hear it yall have been poking at the Continentals again. Its all well and good but if the Scotch supply gets interrupted then we may have to get involved. We make good German beer here in Texas but our Scotch has to be imported.

Welcome back.

OK with Dan being off work today, even though he made the call yesterday I'll make the call, "That's it everybody out" and the last one to the pub has to partake in a Pumba and Timone dining event. As for calling the drink I'd prefer to call the bar so that all may choose their libation of choice so will start off with Top of the World Lounge so hop on the monorail and head over - cheers gents and have a great weekend.

I think you're right mate. Stock up on the Canadian club. We're re-connecting with our commonwealth brethren. I'll be over in a few hours.

Vaya con dios mate.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Both kids are home this weekend. DS is just bumbing and DW has no class on Thurs & Fri so she has been coming home to work some and to take care of some of the wedding crapola. We will head out for some casual dining tonight, got tickets for Preds NHL game tomorrow afternoon and then something simple on the grill for dinner so looking forward to some family time. Enjoy the weekend gents and I will be along later to pick the Friday night drink as assigned to me by Dan.

Enjoy the time with the kids. Sounds like you have a great weekend planed.

Ding good (so far as we know). Nowhere near the drama levels that you're dealing with, to be sure.
He's so completely immersed with all the goings on up there that we don't hear from him much.
He'll be back home in May though so we're planning to do some traveling then.

Glad he is doing well, good to see you check in.

OK with Dan being off work today, even though he made the call yesterday I'll make the call, "That's it everybody out" and the last one to the pub has to partake in a Pumba and Timone dining event. As for calling the drink I'd prefer to call the bar so that all may choose their libation of choice so will start off with Top of the World Lounge so hop on the monorail and head over - cheers gents and have a great weekend.

Thanks god. Have a good weekend guys.

Indeed we are Cliff. That's it boys. Work over. All out. Last one in the bar has to clean out Dumbo's cage in the morning. And he went to Chipotle for lunch. What's everyone having? Mike gets free beers for the next 2 months.

Enough assigning work, because that ain't gonna be done by any of us here. Better to have them just by a round of drinks. :drinking1

Yep, that is a long drive. Even worse I imagine on the way back.

You've seen the V for Victory salute they used during WWII or the Peace Sign during the 60's. The two finger salute is the same except your palm faces you. From my Brit dive buddy: Lore has it that it comes from the Battle of Agincourt during the 100 Years War. The French hated the British Longbow-men so much, when they captured one, they would chop off those two fingers so they could no longer pull back their bowstring. Despite being far outnumbered at Agincourt the long bow was so effective, the British routed the French. As the French retreated, the Bowmen wagged their two fingers to say Bugger Off (remember family board), I still have my fingers.

Thought it was an interesting piece of British history and good to know if you walk into a British pub. Dan feel free to correct any inaccuracies.

If you've seen the movie Wild Hogs, they used the two finger salute. In the TV version, instead of blurring out the middle finger they gave the bikers after they got the bike back, they used CGI to show the two fingered version. Thought it was clever.

So ends the history lesson and since the week was called, I need a run to the store to replenish stock. Have a good weekend guys.

Yes, the drive home is even longer than the drive there. Plus, I can't figure out a good time to go. We've tried staying late and leaving early, and they all just suck. We set

That's two per glass...
Pretty sure there's no limit on the number of glasses.

Oh, by the way
Howdy all!

Welcome back. And yes, no limit on glasses is a terrific idea.

[....
Captain Morgan Spiced for me. I suppose you might need a drink or two after all the goings on over in the mother country, eh?

I'll be drinking around the world on Wednesday next week. Maybe I'll find some rum.

Happy Friday. Vacation is finally here. I'm packed. Family is out getting haircuts, so I have to wait until they get back to finish packing. I am excited now.

I think you're right mate. Stock up on the Canadian club. We're re-connecting with our commonwealth brethren. I'll be over in a few hours.

I have some Crown Royal. Stop on by and help yourself.

Safe travels my friend.

Pop on on for a scotch or two, that if an Englishman is still allowed to drink scotch.

I prefer bourbon.

I second that gym thing. When DW says I need to walk more I reply with when can i schedule next WDW trip? It is good for the NHL to have Canadian teams make the playoffs last year was crazy. Looks like 5 of the 7 are solid to play playoff hockey. Any particular team you favour?

I make it to the gym about 3 days a week and play tennis 3 days a week. Thankfully, I eat enough food and drink enough alcohol to never lose a pound. :lmao:

'

Safe travels for those that are heading out, and may the rest of the day go smoothly for those of us stuck at work.

You're just in time to watch my pictures of our trip to WDW. pixiedust:

Not sure if we will make it to TOTWL this trip. DW has us hitting parks everyday. I'll need a vacation when we get back from vacation.

We're re-connecting with our commonwealth brethren. I'll be over in a few hours.
Enjoy your trip to the Big Apple. Have a cannoli from Carlo's Bake Shop if you have a chance, they are awesome! (I think they have a shop near Times Square now. I made the trip across the river to Hoboken to get mine. DW was big into the Cake Boss show back then and wanted to visit) (afterthought: I probably should have suggested that before you left, don't know if you'll be checking the boards on vacation. Maybe I'll put it on your FB...)

Cheers buddy, just to let you know you will be taking up an hour of my flight with your podcast.....
I haven't listened to @declansdad podcast yet but probably will this weekend.

We will head out for some casual dining tonight, got tickets for Preds NHL game tomorrow afternoon and then something simple on the grill for dinner so looking forward to some family time.
Sounds like a good weekend. Nothing wrong with tickets to an NHL game.

It is good for the NHL to have Canadian teams make the playoffs last year was crazy. Looks like 5 of the 7 are solid to play playoff hockey. Any particular team you favour?
I don't really have strong feelings for any team. I really wasn't much into sports growing up, but my father always watched. Being from the east coast of Canada, we don't have any team close enough to consider "local" to root for, so you get a mixed bag of supporters. For the most part you either like the Toronto Maple Leafs or Montreal Canadiens, and you hate the other (there's a bunch of Boston Bruins fans around too). My dad is a Canadiens fan, and in university I started watching NHL a bit, particularly the playoffs. It was 1993, the year the Canadiens unexpectedly won the Cup. So I kind of have a soft spot for them. But I'm happy to see the Leafs (hopefully) make the playoffs too, I'm not one of those love-hate guys. The Ottawa Senators joined the league around the time I started watching too, so I decided they would be my team, but I'm far from a fanatic. (nice job on spelling favour by the way :))

I'll be drinking around the world on Wednesday next week. Maybe I'll find some rum.
I've yet to attempt drinking around the world. I'm sure there's rum around somewhere. I had a Dole Whip with rum at Pineapple Promenade a few years back. I think they still have those.

By the way, just in case this would interest you, I saw this about the US Navy Blue Angels fly over next week.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...ls-to-flyover-the-magic-kingdom-next-week.htm

Last edited:
I haven't listened to @declansdad podcast yet but probably will this weekend.

I haven't listened yet either. That guy probably knows nothing.

I don't really have strong feelings for any team. I really wasn't much into sports growing up, but my father always watched. Being from the east coast of Canada, we don't have any team close enough to consider "local" to root for, so you get a mixed bag of supporters. For the most part you either like the Toronto Maple Leafs or Montreal Canadiens, and you hate the other (there's a bunch of Boston Bruins fans around too). My dad is a Canadiens fan, and in university I started watching NHL a bit, particularly the playoffs. It was 1993, the year the Canadiens unexpectedly won the Cup. So I kind of have a soft spot for them. But I'm happy to see the Leafs (hopefully) make the playoffs too, I'm not one of those love-hate guys. The Ottawa Senators joined the league around the time I started watching too, so I decided they would be my team, but I'm far from a fanatic. (nice job on spelling favour by the way :))

I'm sorry, it is not allowed to have a soft spot for the Habs and be happy about the Leafs making the play-offs and be a fan of the Sens. I think there is a law against that.

Not sure about those Bruins fans, I think they may have taken repeated blows to the head or something. ;) Although I will gladly cheer for the Bruins if they are playing the Leafs in the play-offs (4-1 Leaf fans, remember that).

Morning boys from what looks like to be a sunny New York. In the coffee shop while everyone sleeps in a bit, which is a vabcation tradition. managed to break the kids jet lag in a day, big but basic room so that's all good, already had 2 meals that involved pizza. One of which was breakfast.

Norm, your pictures look great enjoy yourself mate, especially as this one was owed from last year. You'll have to tell me how to get photos on the board, as my phone only lets me stick em on FB.

Have a great Sunday everyone, I see bacon in my very near future.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Great family time day yesterday ended with all watching Moana. Blackhawks have a matinee game against the Bruins but since they have already clinched division and home ice throughout the western conference playoffs I think they are gonna be resting th guys the last 4 games. Enjoy your Sunday guys.

Nice pic, they are growing up too fast. Njoy your trip.
This is my 1,000th post on DISboards. I feel like I should have something profound and meaningful to say, some bright idea.

View attachment 228870

That's the best I got.
:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Morning boys from what looks like to be a sunny New York. In the coffee shop while everyone sleeps in a bit, which is a vabcation tradition. managed to break the kids jet lag in a day, big but basic room so that's all good, already had 2 meals that involved pizza. One of which was breakfast.

Norm, your pictures look great enjoy yourself mate, especially as this one was owed from last year. You'll have to tell me how to get photos on the board, as my phone only lets me stick em on FB.

Have a great Sunday everyone, I see bacon in my very near future.
Enjoy the Big Apple - I'm waiting for kids to make a donut and coffee run

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter