DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Ok, all caught up with this weeks Hi-Jinks. :thumbsup2

PSA: I leave for Hawaii on Wednesday for 10 days to celebrate our 40th. Doing a cruise, so I don't know when i will be able to get back on here. So if we have any newbies show up, let them know I'll get them setup when I can. So, until I get back...

...Prayers for those in need; Praise for those deserving; Disney, Dole Whips & Bacon for All! :boat:
Have a good one mate, all the best....

Seen a new trend to teach young players to hit a forehand on both sides.
What, run round the ball? That's a bit counterintuitive...
So what cheap red wine does one drink with tacos?
If you're drinking it with Taco Bell, it doesn't matter, it will be coming out at a rate of knots anyway
PSA: Dads, when searching for "motorboating gif" because that's the first thing that popped into your head, the majority are Disboards unfriendly!
You are my hero.
A California red blend. Something with a little body.
I had one of those once.

Top O the Mornin Dads! About 2 hours from landing in Newark NJ and waving to the Canadian Dads as we fly in from the north. Got a fairly decent layover with CEO so sure I'm gonna be discussing work crap. Have a good weekend with the families guys and I should be back to normal around here starting tomorrow.
Welcome to Friday!

Trip to the dentist on tap this morning so I haven't had a coffee yet. Need one soon!

Basketball age-class provincial championship this weekend for DS. Their U16 team is playing up a level, u18; so this should be interesting. The games are close to home so no hotel stay needed this weekend, first weekend this month I haven't been in a hotel.

Has Dan called it yet?
Best of luck to Declan - enjoy the games
Alright boys, as Mike is clearly working, I'll do it. That's it. Week over. Everyone in the bar in 10 minutes. Last onthere has to take Ariel back to the harbour. And you just can't get that "mermaid" smell out of the car for weeks. What's everyone having?
Sorry I didn't make the call Dan, was in a great little Italian cafe / bar that had great food

PSA: I leave for Hawaii on Wednesday for 10 days to celebrate our 40th. Doing a cruise, so I don't know when i will be able to get back on here. So if we have any newbies show up, let them know I'll get them setup when I can. So, until I get back...

...Prayers for those in need; Praise for those deserving; Disney, Dole Whips & Bacon for All! :boat:
Congrats on the 40th and have a great trip

Happy Saturday. Played tennis this morning, and feeling better from my sneeze related injury. Youngest dd got blown out against yet another senior #1 player at HS match. I know it's not the best thing, but I told her coach with the most politically correct words, that she's an idiot and needs to play her at the right spot. I know it's not going to help, but made me feel better. I just hope my dd doesn't quit the sport.

:boat:

Happy Anniversary and have a great cruise. We will try and hold the thread down for you.

What, run round the ball? That's a bit counterintuitive...

No, hit a forehand with each arm, serve with each arm, volley with each arm.

You are my hero.
I try my best.

About 2 hours from landing in Newark NJ and waving to the Canadian Dads as we fly in from the north. Got a fairly decent layover with CEO so sure I'm gonna be discussing work crap.
:wave2: The layover sounds like a bummer. Why is it that upper level management just can't seem to switch off their work brain? I suppose that's why they got to upper level management. I won't get there. I work to live, I don't live to work.

Played tennis this morning, and feeling better from my sneeze related injury. Youngest dd got blown out against yet another senior #1 player at HS match. I know it's not the best thing, but I told her coach with the most politically correct words, that she's an idiot and needs to play her at the right spot. I know it's not going to help, but made me feel better. I just hope my dd doesn't quit the sport.
Good to hear your injury is on the mend. Isn't it great that we're at an age where a sneeze can do damage? Sorry to hear about DD. It's a shame when the enjoyment of sports/hobbies can be lost because of the decisions of those in charge.

:wave2: The layover sounds like a bummer. Why is it that upper level management just can't seem to switch off their work brain? I suppose that's why they got to upper level management. I won't get there. I work to live, I don't live to work.

Hey now, don't lump all those upper management types all together. ;)

Happy Sunday. Woke up at around 4:00 and I already got most of what I need to do today out of the way. Florida plays S. Carolina for a spot in the Final 4 this afternoon so watching BB is how most of the rest of the day will be spent. Great game on Friday with a buzzer beater in OT for the win. The Gators went way farther than I expected them to do so this is bonus time.

Happy Anniversary and enjoy the trip. Give your better half a big hug from us.

Top O the Mornin Dads! About 2 hours from landing in Newark NJ and waving to the Canadian Dads as we fly in from the north. Got a fairly decent layover with CEO so sure I'm gonna be discussing work crap. Have a good weekend with the families guys and I should be back to normal around here starting tomorrow.

Welcome home. I hate it when after a long week, the boss wants to continuously talk shop. Damn, give me some time to decompress.

First day all uploaded. You can use this link or they are on Facebook as well.

Some nice pics there. Nothing like Flower and Garden to bring out the beauty of EPCOT.

Happy Saturday. Played tennis this morning, and feeling better from my sneeze related injury. Youngest dd got blown out against yet another senior #1 player at HS match. I know it's not the best thing, but I told her coach with the most politically correct words, that she's an idiot and needs to play her at the right spot. I know it's not going to help, but made me feel better. I just hope my dd doesn't quit the sport.

Glad you are feeling better. Sucks about the coach. Hope she stays with it but it is tough when there is no reward for all the work she puts in. If she does stay with it, the experience could pay off in the end.

Happy Sunday morning. It's raining here, so I'm ready for this work day to end already. Sadly, the extra job has seen the income increase to be matched by the spending increase. I'm hoping that I can get it under control following this WDW trip.

yes, some of then go into work when the roads are covered with snow. :lmao:

Happy Sunday. Woke up at around 4:00 and I already got most of what I need to do today out of the way. Florida plays S. Carolina for a spot in the Final 4 this afternoon so watching BB is how most of the rest of the day will be spent. Great game on Friday with a buzzer beater in OT for the win. The Gators went way farther than I expected them to do so this is bonus time.

Glad you were able to accomplish things. UK will have a tough road to get there with both UCLA and UNC. Enjoy the games.

Afternoon boys, from a Sunny London. Give the DW's a cheeky kiss, it's Mothering Sunday in the UK today. Got my Mum, MIL in house, and we're having a proper Pinkies Up English afternoon tea. Finger sandwiches, Scones, Thin sliced Roast Beef in Yorkshire pudding and Cake. And a couple of bottles of Champers.
Watched Gonzaga smack Xavier last night. England play in a qualifier tonight, but might use my "Sports pass" for the UK Game, it think its on about 8 O'clock over here.
We're in your time zone for the Final 4 and the Championship game on the Monday, so that should be cool. Anyone near a New York bar on the Monday night? I'm guessing Norm will be in ESPN......

Glad you were able to accomplish things. UK will have a tough road to get there with both UCLA and UNC.
UK are looking a bit tasty though......But UNC are playing like they've got something to prove after last year.
Some nice pics there. Nothing like Flower and Garden to bring out the beauty of EPCOT.
Agreed. Enjoy the BB mate.
Sorry I didn't make the call Dan, was in a great little Italian cafe / bar that had great food
No worries buddy, everyone else was on their toes anyway. But Norm was up for sacking me, I think he has "upper management" in his DNA.

Have a good one boys from the little island.

Competitive basketball season has come to an end, the boys went 1 and 2 at provincial to finish 5th place. Pretty good showing for a U16 team playing at in the top tier of U18. They lost their two pool games yesterday but were competitive in both and finished with a 101-93 win. For the next week there will only be one sport on the house, high school volleyball, but by Sunday there will be 3 Sundays of try-outs for the basketball provincial team program. Well at least Easter Weekend will be free but I think I heard something about bathroom painting or something like that.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

No worries buddy, everyone else was on their toes anyway. But Norm was up for sacking me, I think he has "upper management" in his DNA.

No sacking, more like double secret probation. Most importantly, you called it in time.

One down one to go.

Well, maybe next year.

Competitive basketball season has come to an end, the boys went 1 and 2 at provincial to finish 5th place. Pretty good showing for a U16 team playing at in the top tier of U18. They lost their two pool games yesterday but were competitive in both and finished with a 101-93 win. For the next week there will only be one sport on the house, high school volleyball, but by Sunday there will be 3 Sundays of try-outs for the basketball provincial team program. Well at least Easter Weekend will be free but I think I heard something about bathroom painting or something like that.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Glad to hear they played well. Have fun with volleyball.

First day all uploaded. You can use this link or they are on Facebook as well.
Nice job mate :thumbsup2, and congrats to Declan and his team on the placing.
No sacking, more like double secret probation. Most importantly, you called it in time.
Double secret probation?
animal-house-belushi-oh-no-not-double-secret-probation.jpg

Well, maybe next year.
Funny, I say that about West Ham all the time. No shame in going out by 2 to UNC though.

On a 3 and a half day week this week, so obviously trying to cram 2 weeks work into this.

Have a good one chaps, and enjoy your Monday.

Morning Men,

Man Monday came on fast!

Safety inspection for the car this morning plus the typical office stuff.

Saturday morning it was looking like the office March Madness bracket was mine, now not so much.

Have a good one.

What a craptastic Sunday. First the Gators lost (HE TRAVELED) but can't complain much since they went further than just about anyone would believe. The kid came home after doing an outreach program for the shark tagging team and decided to make coffee and do laundry. Tried to make coffee, nope it was broke. Tried to do laundry and the machine wouldn't drain. Double fail. I jokingly told her not to touch any of the other appliances again. Going out soon to get a new Keurig and will try to tackle the washer this afternoon. I have an idea how to fix it and it has to do with the dog's hair clogging the drain filter. The mutt I didn't want sheds a ton and it gets in everything. I washed the rugs it sleeps on and I think that plugged it up. Keep your fingers crossed that I don't have to call in somebody.

Competitive basketball season has come to an end, the boys went 1 and 2 at provincial to finish 5th place. Pretty good showing for a U16 team playing at in the top tier of U18.

Not bad considering the step up out of their age group. Good luck to him on volleyball.

Well, maybe next year.

Tough loss but a great game. Having 3 teams in the Elite 8 is not to bad a showing for a football only conference.

Good luck everyone getting through Monday. I wish I was at Disney right now. Anybody with me?

What a craptastic Sunday. First the Gators lost (HE TRAVELED) but can't complain much since they went further than just about anyone would believe. The kid came home after doing an outreach program for the shark tagging team and decided to make coffee and do laundry. Tried to make coffee, nope it was broke. Tried to do laundry and the machine wouldn't drain. Double fail. I jokingly told her not to touch any of the other appliances again. Going out soon to get a new Keurig and will try to tackle the washer this afternoon. I have an idea how to fix it and it has to do with the dog's hair clogging the drain filter. The mutt I didn't want sheds a ton and it gets in everything. I washed the rugs it sleeps on and I think that plugged it up. Keep your fingers crossed that I don't have to call in somebody.

Not bad considering the step up out of their age group. Good luck to him on volleyball.

Tough loss but a great game. Having 3 teams in the Elite 8 is not to bad a showing for a football only conference.

Good luck everyone getting through Monday. I wish I was at Disney right now. Anybody with me?

Thanks Cj.

we had a non-draining washer a little while ago. Turned out to be the switch in the lid area. Some zip ties and tape was all that was needed to fix it.

DW has started looking at a trip to Vero Beach in August. I know some of you go there, any thoughts you would like to share on the resort?

DW bought some stuff to lose weight called Shakeology. I tried it today, and it's the worse crap ever. Maybe that's how you lose weight - tastes so bad you don't eat anything. :lmao:

Pretty sure that's the idea! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

THOSE AREN'T PILLOWS!

planes-jpg.227357

So glad someone went there. That's an awesome movie!

One of my top 5 movies. A classic!

Happy anniversary and have fun storming the volcanoes!

Why is it that upper level management just can't seem to switch off their work brain? I suppose that's why they got to upper level management. I won't get there. I work to live, I don't live to work.

You tell him, Darcy!

yes, some of then go into work when the roads are covered with snow. :lmao:

Only because if I don't, I won't have that upper management job anymore.

Someone has to set an example for you Southerners. ;)

You tell him, Darcy!

:wave2:

DW has started looking at a trip to Vero Beach in August. I know some of you go there, any thoughts you would like to share on the resort?

Great resort. More laid back than at Disney and it is a good place to chill. It was a while since my last visit but the 2 restaurants were better than decent. Nice pool and the beach is literally steps away. Not much in the immediate area so you need to drive to eat off site or do anything non-resort related. If you want to invest the time, Cape Canaveral it about 80 miles away. Well worth it but I am a space nut.

From our room...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter