DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

For all of you complaining about the cold it is 90 here today. 90, (32C for the foreigners). The average? 70F (21C) record? 84F (28C). I thought I was ready for summer, I was wrong.

So here we are in the first week of Spring and part of the province is under a blizzard warning. That also means for the 3rd month in a row the presentation I am schedule to deliver in that area has been postponed due to weather. Oh well, there is always April.

Have a good one all!

Happy Wednesday. I pulled a muscle in my side from sneezing yesterday. I hope I can go for tennis tonight. Yet another sign that I'm too old for this ....

Youngest dd somehow played #1 singles against best team in region, and got blown out. The coach is terrible.

Dont do it its a conspiracy, once every American switches to i-Phone then Apple can hack our brains and upload Steve Jobs consciousness into us.
Also I think you and I are the last 2 people on the planet with Windows phones, tech support will stop if I'm the only one.

I figured out the differences between the last phone. A few things are better, but not the best. I'll probably never pay $700 for an iPhone, so don't get too excited there.

For all of you complaining about the cold it is 90 here today. 90, (32C for the foreigners). The average? 70F (21C) record? 84F (28C). I thought I was ready for summer, I was wrong.

Send that weather to me. I'm wearing a hoodie inside the classroom today, and it's about 50 degrees outside.

Evening boys, from a Bourbon tinged London. 9 days till vacation.

Good job AG jnr....

Are you heading over to WDW in 9 days?

Thanks? Translation please - AG junior?

Sad news out of London today. If you haven't heard, a car ran into people walking across Westminster Bridge, the driver then got out and tried to get into Parliament. A police officer and 2 civilians dead so far along with the attacker. On our visit to London, we stayed right near there and spent a lot of time around Parliament and walking back and forth across the bridge. Beautiful Urban area.

London is now on heightened alert. Stay safe Dan.

For all of you complaining about the cold it is 90 here today.

So here we are in the first week of Spring and part of the province is under a blizzard warning.

If we can average you guys out, we might have something.

Youngest dd somehow played #1 singles against best team in region, and got blown out. The coach is terrible.

:sad2: Sorry. That's gotta be frustrating.

Sad news out of London today. If you haven't heard, a car ran into people walking across Westminster Bridge, the driver then got out and tried to get into Parliament. A police officer and 2 civilians dead so far along with the attacker. On our visit to London, we stayed right near there and spent a lot of time around Parliament and walking back and forth across the bridge. Beautiful Urban area.

Prayers for London. Such sad and scary news.

Evening boys.

On our visit to London, we stayed right near there and spent a lot of time around Parliament and walking back and forth across the bridge. Beautiful Urban area.
Stay safe Dan.
That it is mate. Thanks for the vibes.
Are you heading over to WDW in 9 days?
Thanks? Translation please - AG junior?
I was going for Airgoofy Jnr, too lazy to type. The youngest dd has got to be jnr, right?
NY, not WDW. It may be heresy, but kinda looking forward to a non-Disney break.

Took me a while longer to get home tonight, and there are a ton of police carrying at every station, even ours out in the 'burbs. As usual, we'll suck it up and go in tomorrow. All the best from the mother country.

Yes, I saw that. Terrible news. It's always upsetting to hear no matter what city. It's particularly hard to see the images out of London. Like you, I spent some time there and I am pretty sure I walked across that bridge, or certainly in the area.

Took me a while longer to get home tonight, and there are a ton of police carrying at every station, even ours out in the 'burbs. As usual, we'll suck it up and go in tomorrow. All the best from the mother country.
Sending positive thoughts to the mother country. I hope all goes well in the coming days. Good to hear that you made it home OK, if a bit later.

So here we are in the first week of Spring and part of the province is under a blizzard warning. That also means for the 3rd month in a row the presentation I am schedule to deliver in that area has been postponed due to weather. Oh well, there is always April.
Sheila's Brush. It's inevitable. You ever heard that saying in NB, Darcy, or is that just a Newfoundland thing?

I was going for Airgoofy Jnr, too lazy to type. The youngest dd has got to be jnr, right?
NY, not WDW. It may be heresy, but kinda looking forward to a non-Disney break.

Didn't think of that translation. I was going for some way more complicated British saying. Glad to hear that you made it home safe. Have a good trip to NY as we are heading to WDW in about 10 days.

Evening boys.

That it is mate. Thanks for the vibes.

Crazy, crazy world.

Glad you are OK Dan.

Sheila's Brush. It's inevitable. You ever heard that saying in NB, Darcy, or is that just a Newfoundland thing?

I think that is a Newfoundland thing.

Happy Wednesday. I pulled a muscle in my side from sneezing yesterday
I think your body may be telling you something

Stay safe Dan.
Seconded

If we can average you guys out, we might have something.
I will let you go ahead and get on that for us. Any day now would be good.

It may be heresy, but kinda looking forward to a non-Disney break.
BLASPHEMER !!!!!!!!!!! Burn him at the steak, or throw him in the harbor or something.
MMMM>> Steak.
Sorry where was I?

Sorry haven't checked in in a few days been crazy busy here on the other side of the pond. Thoughts and prayers to those families effected directly by the tragic event in London and stay safe to you Dan and your family.

Happy Thursday, waiting for the cable guy to look at whatever. I know cable companies generally suck but Atlantic Broadband is the worst.

The Pirate Princess got back from Nicaragua a couple of days ago. Some pics...

Flying in

Leatherback Turtle hatchlings

I think she is crying

Local wildlife

They went "snowboarding" down this place

And diving off of this place

Not sure how much "research" she did but they had fun

Happy Wednesday. I pulled a muscle in my side from sneezing yesterday. I hope I can go for tennis tonight. Yet another sign that I'm too old for this ....

Getting old is a bear. Feel better.

Lots of comments on the news how London is carrying on. There will always be an England.

Hope you enjoy the trip to the Big Apple. Did you get baseball tickets or has the season not started when you get there?

Sorry haven't checked in in a few days been crazy busy here on the other side of the pond. Thoughts and prayers to those families effected directly by the tragic event in London and stay safe to you Dan and your family.

Don't let it happen again.

BLASPHEMER !!!!!!!!!!! Burn him at the steak, or throw him in the harbor or something.
All I said was that piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah. Mmmm, steak.
Where was I?
Glad to hear that you made it home safe
Thoughts and prayers to those families effected directly by the tragic event in London and stay safe to you Dan and your family
Glad you are OK Dan.
Good to hear that you made it home OK, if a bit later.
Thanks chaps, much appreciated. Everything as predicted is basically back to usual, except I couldn't get out at Westminster ( I usually walk from there but it was still tented off).
You gotta be happy PP is back, no? The Pics look incredible. Does she get to go on another one?
Hope you enjoy the trip to the Big Apple. Did you get baseball tickets or has the season not started when you get there?
Yep, should be a good one. Got the Braves at the Mets on the evening game. I thought I could get the Marlins but it clashed with bits DW wanted to do. It will be George's first game. But he's got it in his head he want to see the Rangers, so I might just quietly encourage that one and see if we can't get an extra cheeky sport in.....

Have a great evening chaps and thanks again for the good thoughts.

Last edited:
Happy Thursday. Played tennis last night and again this afternoon. Still a bit sore. Not sure what muscle that is, but it hurts. I went on Web Md to figure it out, and I may be having a heart attack or cancer or already be dead and need to call a doctor to pay them money.

Anyway, finished job #1 around noon and going to next job. You all have a great day.

:sad2: Sorry. That's gotta be frustrating.

Sadly, it is all individual. I play team tennis, and our team of 8 plays 2 singles and 3 doubles. Majority wins. But, HS tennis qualifies 2 doubles and 2 singles, and the it is just for a singles and doubles champ. So, regular season is meaningless, other than seeding for tournament. Coach still has no business playing her there.

I think your body may be telling you something
I?

Yup, get off my lawn. No, it's I'm too old for this .....

Glad to hear you safe across seas.

Happy Thursday, waiting for the cable guy to look at whatever. I know cable companies generally suck but Atlantic Broadband is the worst.

The Pirate Princess got back from Nicaragua a couple of days ago. Some pics.

Not sure how much "research" she did but they had fun

Yeah, doesn't look like much work, but I lot of fun. I never smile like that at either of my jobs. And, they make me wear more clothes for my job, which is probably a good thing.

Are they hiring? :lmao:

I think that is a Newfoundland thing.
Many things are.
Yes, there are a few different things this far east. Sheila's Brush, if you were curious, it what we call the last snow storm of the season, which usually occurs after the flowers have started coming up and you just thought it was safe to bring out the sandals again.

https://writing.wikinut.com/The-Legend-of-Sheila’s-Brush/w-i1m-13/

Fantastic pictures. That sunset & turtle pic could be a poster. It looks like a lot of fun and they seem to be researching something (perhaps what brand of local beer is best?).

Yep, should be a good one. Got the Braves at the Mets on the evening game. I thought I could get the Marlins but it clashed with bits DW wanted to do. It will be George's first game. But he's got it in his head he want to see the Rangers, so I might just quietly encourage that one and see if we can't get an extra cheeky sport in.....
Enjoy the trip. The Rangers would be a great one to see if you can. Not sure how easy tickets would be, especially since they look to be pretty securely in the playoffs.

went on Web Md to figure it out, and I may be having a heart attack or cancer or already be dead and need to call a doctor to pay them money.
I'm convinced they just copy and paste some of the symptoms/causes because every time I've gone WebMD it always seems to end with cancer. I don't pay much attention anymore. DW is on it all the time and she's always convinced she's dying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter