DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning / Afternoon gents. Aaaahhhhhh........ A Monday in the office after being out for two weeks. Enough said

:wave2: The layover sounds like a bummer. Why is it that upper level management just can't seem to switch off their work brain? I suppose that's why they got to upper level management. I won't get there. I work to live, I don't live to work.
Wasn't too bad as getting through customs, bag collection, recheck bags and another security check took longer than should have. I agree with the work to live and work / life balance is important to me and I use it in my management style for team - I am considered upper management so not all of us are bad :thumbsup2
Competitive basketball season has come to an end, the boys went 1 and 2 at provincial to finish 5th place. Pretty good showing for a U16 team playing at in the top tier of U18. They lost their two pool games yesterday but were competitive in both and finished with a 101-93 win. For the next week there will only be one sport on the house, high school volleyball, but by Sunday there will be 3 Sundays of try-outs for the basketball provincial team program. Well at least Easter Weekend will be free but I think I heard something about bathroom painting or something like that.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Decent results and good experience considering playing up two age levels
What a craptastic Sunday. First the Gators lost (HE TRAVELED) but can't complain much since they went further than just about anyone would believe. The kid came home after doing an outreach program for the shark tagging team and decided to make coffee and do laundry. Tried to make coffee, nope it was broke. Tried to do laundry and the machine wouldn't drain. Double fail. I jokingly told her not to touch any of the other appliances again. Going out soon to get a new Keurig and will try to tackle the washer this afternoon. I have an idea how to fix it and it has to do with the dog's hair clogging the drain filter. The mutt I didn't want sheds a ton and it gets in everything. I washed the rugs it sleeps on and I think that plugged it up. Keep your fingers crossed that I don't have to call in somebody.
Glad to hear DD back home and hoping she doesn't touch any other appliances.
Good luck everyone getting through Monday. I wish I was at Disney right now. Anybody with me?
:thumbsup2
DW has started looking at a trip to Vero Beach in August. I know some of you go there, any thoughts you would like to share on the resort?
CJ covered most of it. If you are looking for quiet time and just hanging this is a real nice place. Our group thought we stayed maybe a bit too long (week) and that 3 or 4 days would be max there for us if there is a next time. I am thinking down the road for a me and DW only trip for a couple of days at Vero and then hitting Food & Wine for a few days at EPCOT as a trip.

Great resort. More laid back than at Disney and it is a good place to chill. It was a while since my last visit but the 2 restaurants were better than decent. Nice pool and the beach is literally steps away. Not much in the immediate area so you need to drive to eat off site or do anything non-resort related. If you want to invest the time, Cape Canaveral it about 80 miles away. Well worth it but I am a space nut.

CJ covered most of it. If you are looking for quiet time and just hanging this is a real nice place. Our group thought we stayed maybe a bit too long (week) and that 3 or 4 days would be max there for us if there is a next time. I am thinking down the road for a me and DW only trip for a couple of days at Vero and then hitting Food & Wine for a few days at EPCOT as a trip.

Thanks Guys. Good to know about the length of time and I forgot all about the Cape Canaveral thing.

Happy Monday. Got thru both jobs today, with one of them being a 4 hour meeting. At least they fed everyone with box lunch from Panera Bread. Both dds are at tennis practice, and I'm enjoying some quiet at home.

Double secret probation
y.

Thank you sir, may I please have another. :lmao:

What a craptastic Sunday. First the Gators lost (HE TRAVELED) but can't complain much since they went further than just about anyone would believe. The kid came home after doing an outreach program for the shark tagging team and decided to make coffee and do laundry. Tried to make coffee, nope it was broke. Tried to do laundry and the machine wouldn't drain. Double fail. I jokingly told her not to touch any of the other appliances again. Going out soon to get a new Keurig and will try to tackle the washer this afternoon. I have an idea how to fix it and it has to do with the dog's hair clogging the drain filter. The mutt I didn't want sheds a ton and it gets in everything. I washed the rugs it sleeps on and I think that plugged it up. Keep your fingers crossed that I don't have to call in somebody.

Good luck everyone getting through Monday. I wish I was at Disney right now. Anybody with me?

Sounds like a rough day. Too bad for Gators and Cats. Would have made for a terrific championship game though.

DW has started looking at a trip to Vero Beach in August. I know some of you go there, any thoughts you would like to share on the resort?

Great resort. Been three or four times. Great beach access and pool. Lots of free activities - basketball court, tennis court, Mino golf ($1 for dvc members?), and other games you can do on the green space. Then, there are paid excursions for kayaking, jet ski, etc. Never tried their spa, but they have one. Green Cabin room is great.

You tell him, Darcy!

Only because if I don't, I won't have that upper management job anymore.

:wave2:

Why don't you upper management guys go have a meeting. :lmao:

I look forward to the Action plan with SMART objectives and key deliverables to attain synergy across the functions at a macro/micro level.

Morning boys from London and Birmingham. That is all.

Look at you, in two places at the same time.

Happy Tuesday. A short trip to campus and back as I should be done for the week. Only 3 more days. Since Fall Break vacation was cancelled due to the hurricane, it's been a year since the last trip. Definitely looking forward to this one.

I look forward to the Action plan with SMART objectives and key deliverables to attain synergy across the functions at a macro/micro level.

Morning boys from London and Birmingham. That is all.

That sounds super smart. Definitely management material.

I live in a very large country on top of the US.

Glad you know where you live?

Happy Tuesday. A short trip to campus and back as I should be done for the week. Only 3 more days. Since Fall Break vacation was cancelled due to the hurricane, it's been a year since the last trip. Definitely looking forward to this one.
Almost there................ Safe travels and have a great time Norm!
fydry.gif

That sounds like management talk. The only thing I'm looking forward to is raising my next glass.

A short trip to campus and back as I should be done for the week. Only 3 more days. Since Fall Break vacation was cancelled due to the hurricane, it's been a year since the last trip. Definitely looking forward to this one.
Getting close now. Have a good one!

LOL

So what cheap red wine does one drink with tacos?
the kind that comes in a box

leave for Hawaii on Wednesday
Congrats and enjoy

I had one of those once.
:rotfl2:
We will try and hold the thread down for you.
Can we really hold it down any further that it already is????

Someone has to set an example for you Southerners
Yeah we don't live where the roads get covered in snow.... not sure who the smarts ones are in that discussion.

Well, maybe next year.
Story of my live, been saying that for 20 years.

Morning Guys, welcome to Wednesday.

Nothing big going on here, just another day.

Have a good one.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Not much going on around here ....... DD college graduation 35 days, DD wedding 64 days :scared1::eek::scared1::drinking1:drinking1:drinking1Have a good one!

Averted disaster today. Job #1 wanted to schedule me 350 miles away from home in two weeks, while scheduling someone in the opposite location 350 miles away from their home. I caught the mistake and everything is back in track. Good thing management had lots of meetings to develop a schedule I fixed in 5 minutes. :sad2:

Almost there................ Safe travels and have a great time Norm!

Should I be looking out for a tie fighter? :lmao:

That sounds like management talk. The only thing I'm looking forward to is raising my next glass.
!

::yes:: :drinking1

s.

Not really. I was just giving Randall assurances so he could go in his anniversary trip. Otherwise, he might have stayed home.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Not much going on around here ....... DD college graduation 35 days, DD wedding 64 days :scared1::eek::scared1::drinking1:drinking1:drinking1Have a good one!

That is a lot if excitement rolled into one. Thankfully, you'll be done in two more months. Prayers for you

:rotfl:

DD college graduation 35 days, DD wedding 64 days
That's gotta be exciting and nerve racking at the same time. You get to pick the drinks on Friday call for the next 2 months.

Evening boys, from a clear but chilly London. As a country we collectively told Europe to do one today, so there's something for the history books.

Have a supercalifrajulisticexpealidocious day all

Evening gents. Happy to say I fixed the washing machine all by my lonesome. Drains are clear, hoses cleaned and just finished the sanitizing cycle. Looks as good as new. Now on to the car which stalled out a couple of times. If it isn't one thing... This one, I will not touch. My mechanical skill goes as far as opening at the hood and staring at the engine. Dinner tonight is meatloaf, mashed taters and steamed green beans. Drooling in anticipation.

I live in a very large country on top of the US.

I live in the dangling appendage hanging off the US.

Weather down here cannot be better. Mid 80's all week relatively low humidity with just a chance of showers. Enjoy the pool.

Suggest you hide bottles of your favorite liquor around the house. That way you will only be a few feet from tranquilizers. Serious congratulations on both counts. I don't know if I was ever prouder of the Pirate Princess when she walked across the stage to get her diploma. As to your second event, I can wait a few years.

Evening boys, from a clear but chilly London. As a country we collectively told Europe to do one today, so there's something for the history books.

Did you use the two finger salute?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter