Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I’d written off my Cubs today - I’m so sorry I doubted!

Took a nap and then headed off to a wedding. We’re sitting there waiting for it to start and we get a text from our son - “It’s 10-7 and bases are loaded”

What?!?!?

And the rest is history! Love these Cubs!! We’re watching the videos now. Bless those fans that stuck it out - what a memory for them!!

Got to see the 8th inning on MLB channel this morning at 3:30AM (couldn't sleep). Amazing really. Even Joe said both teams played pretty good considering the weather and that the game probably shouldn't even have been played. Saw where the Sox got snowed out in Minn for both Sat and Sun.

It's amazing they got 14 runs on 10 hits. Weather was a big impact on how everyone played.

Last edited:
Just looked at the standings. Half of the Reds’ wins and half of the Marlins’ wins for each are against us.

Imagining Pat saying it... “would you believe Ronnie...

Here's the lineup...not sure if any of them are thawed out, Currently raining but there is supposed to be a *dry* window between 10-4 -ish.

Willy got hit in the thumb pretty hard yesterday~ hoping he is simply restingit before playing STL tomorrow and it isn't anything more.

FASTEN THOSE SEAT BELT'S CUB FAN'S, weather could be giving another bumpy ride

upload_2018-4-15_9-47-56.jpegupload_2018-4-15_9-48-5.jpeg

LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!! Get the serie's!!!!!!!!!!!!

Da1IS2RX4AE--Tq.jpg

Last edited:

Just looked at the standings. Half of the Reds’ wins and half of the Marlins’ wins for each are against us.

Imagining Pat saying it... “would you believe Ronnie...

(especially since the Red's only have 2 win's :headache:)
hear Pat saying the same on the Cub's pattern~

And the Marlins beat the Pirates on Friday. Who'd thought that one?

What are the chances of game postponement today? Is there a day where these two could get together again?

What are the chances of game postponement today? Is there a day where these two could get together again?
Game Officially Postponed Make up May 14

Today’s postponed Cubs-Braves game will be made up on May 14. That’s day after three-game weekend series with Sox and day before three-game series with Braves in Atlanta. Two teams will play one here, then fly to Georgia for three more.

And the Marlins beat the Pirates on Friday. Who'd thought that one?
and a 1 run game yesterday. Pirate's schedule is so dang easy this season. Not that we haven't blown our chances against the *lighter* teams, but they really have a cream puff one.
If Harvey wasn't pitching yesterday the Mutts would have prob beat the Brewers too.

I snagged nice seats at a discount earlier just in case.
I was gonna do the same, bleacher's were $9 but good thing I didn't as I can't make it on the 14th. I could have sold them tho. Some people grabbed club 1914 for under $100! Way to go, Sepo!

just a little reminder everyone.......
Tomorrow night Rizzo will finally play at Wrigley this season!
tumblr_ns6k4nlgfq1rt6sqoo1_400.gif

Maddon will monitor Anthony/cold weather as the game progresses

Last edited:
I may have spoken too soon on Rizzo ,not the best conditions to return in

Monday
DAY

39°HIRealFeel® 26°Precipitation 45%

A flurry in the morning; otherwise, mostly cloudy, windy and cold
  • Winds from the
  • WNW 17 mph
  • Gusts: 26 mph

• Max UV Index: 2 (Low)
  • Thunderstorms: 2%
  • Precipitation: 0.01 in
  • Rain: 0 in
  • Snow: 0 in
  • Ice: 0 in
  • Hours of Precipitation: 1 hrs
  • Hours of Rain: 0 hrs
NIGHT
30°LORealFeel® 20°Precipitation 43%

A stray evening flurry; otherwise, mainly clear and cold; there will be a freeze
  • Winds from the
  • WNW 11 mph
  • Gusts: 17 mph

• Max UV Index: N/A
  • Thunderstorms: 4%
  • Precipitation: 0.02 in
  • Rain: 0 in
  • Snow: 0 in
  • Ice: 0 in
  • Hours of Precipitation: 2 hrs
  • Hours of Rain: 0 hrs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter